The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ollie82

Do these cravings to be a mum go away?

haha I have no idea. I never craved being a mum when I first got pregnant. I was upset when I first got pregnant.

It was only after my first that I then got broody for a second...and then after my second I got broody for a third...

and then I've not been broody since lol.

I don't think I'm very normal really haha.
Reply 741
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
haha I have no idea. I never craved being a mum when I first got pregnant. I was upset when I first got pregnant.

It was only after my first that I then got broody for a second...and then after my second I got broody for a third...

and then I've not been broody since lol.

I don't think I'm very normal really haha.

haha! well i've got to say at the moment i'm certainly not broody for 3! i think that what's holding me back more than the sensible arguments is that my family has loads of twins. i mean, loads. all fraternal. in every generation of my mum's family. i could manage one baby now, but two!! or... more?!
Original post by ollie82
haha! well i've got to say at the moment i'm certainly not broody for 3! i think that what's holding me back more than the sensible arguments is that my family has loads of twins. i mean, loads. all fraternal. in every generation of my mum's family. i could manage one baby now, but two!! or... more?!

My family has loads of twins too. My grandad, mum, and two sets of cousins are twins.

The children on this thread are far too cute.
Original post by BlackHawk

Original post by BlackHawk
:biggrin:

We're great thanks! Niamh is three now, which just amazes me. Not really sure where the time went! Were living in Las Vegas now with OHs job and he's been away in another state since November with work. He's due home at the end of this month though and then we're TTCing :biggrin:

Have to say it's sooooo lovely to come back and see my old friends on here :biggrin:

How're you, how're the kids?

She's 3 already?? But I swear it was all of 6 months since you disappeared off with her! Hi by the way!

I met a gorgeous newborn last night -called Indiana :biggrin:
Reply 744
Original post by Sephrenia

I met a gorgeous newborn last night -called Indiana :biggrin:

LOL,,, Indiana?? Wow... what's with people naming their kids after US states... I know someone who named their kids Virginia, Carolina, Georgia and Wyoming, their next one will be a boy named Dakota who is about to be born.

Strangely neither of the parents are Americans, bloke is from Sweden and the wife is from France.
Original post by ollie82
Hmm I'm a bit of a lurker around here too...

I have a question:

I'm 19 and for the last year or two I've been getting big cravings to be a mum. Now, I'm not just being childish about this - I know I'm not in the ideal situation to have a baby right now as I'm just about to go to uni and me and my boyfriend still can't manage to find a house. But I was wondering -

Do these cravings to be a mum go away?

I'm quite like you,
I'm 20, second year of a 5 year engineering degree, and all I can think about is having babies. I watch Teen Mom, One Born Every Minute, 15 Kids and Counting etc.
Sometimes when I'm walking down the street and see someone with a baby I cry because I'm so broody.
My boyfriend and I don't plan on having our first child till we're 27 but we have names picked out and everything.

Original post by Herr
LOL,,, Indiana?? Wow... what's with people naming their kids after US states... I know someone who named their kids Virginia, Carolina, Georgia and Wyoming, their next one will be a boy named Dakota who is about to be born.

Strangely neither of the parents are Americans, bloke is from Sweden and the wife is from France.

One of their others is called Winston =) I don't think they called him after the state - more the film (and plus, they liked the name!)
Reply 747
Original post by Anonymous
I'm quite like you,
I'm 20, second year of a 5 year engineering degree, and all I can think about is having babies. I watch Teen Mom, One Born Every Minute, 15 Kids and Counting etc.
Sometimes when I'm walking down the street and see someone with a baby I cry because I'm so broody.
My boyfriend and I don't plan on having our first child till we're 27 but we have names picked out and everything.

i love watching baby programs. i don't even mind watching them getting born! yeah my boyfriend and i don't want kids until i've finished uni at least, and i'll be 22 but then i'm thinking about doing a medicine degree after that so in the end i'll be about 26! 7 years:s-smilie:

my head is very practical, but my uterus isn't! it's just crying out at me to get pregnant!
Original post by ollie82
i love watching baby programs. i don't even mind watching them getting born! yeah my boyfriend and i don't want kids until i've finished uni at least, and i'll be 22 but then i'm thinking about doing a medicine degree after that so in the end i'll be about 26! 7 years:s-smilie:

my head is very practical, but my uterus isn't! it's just crying out at me to get pregnant!

7 years passes by in the blink of an eye, trust me. It feels like five minutes ago that I was 21. Hell it feels like five minutes ago that I was 17. I'm twenty blinking eight. That's just ridiculous.
Reply 749
wow suddenly there are lots of posts!

BH: I cannot believe your not so little girl is THREE! I remember when you posted a picture of her as a newborn. She is a beautiful girl.

PMP: You are looking great, have you lost lots of weight? Can't believe how old your children are either, where has time gone! Lovely picture of you all in the snow, bet the kids loved that.

Yeah i agree American states are being very popular as names... totally unrelated to human names but when I was little we have 2 cats called Georgia and Alaska. One of them had kittens and my brother (who was probably about 5 at the time) announced that he was calling his kitten Winchester after the american state... he meant Washington, but as we live near Winchester in the UK he got confused, bless him!
Original post by alexa123

PMP: You are looking great, have you lost lots of weight? Can't believe how old your children are either, where has time gone! Lovely picture of you all in the snow, bet the kids loved that.

aww thanks hun

Yeh I've lost a fair bit of weight. 55lbs so far. From this at my biggest, (with my little newbie Jason lol - when he was a little squishy thing!) to this now. I'm normal BMI, for the first time in ten years lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Unicron
That second photo of you is just.... :coma: :redface:

lol thanks, that's my new dress - arrived through the post yesterday (hence I posed with it on lol). I loooove my new dress! Wearing it out tomorrow night :woo:
Reply 752
aww thanks hun

Yeh I've lost a fair bit of weight. 55lbs so far. From this at my biggest, (with my little newbie Jason lol - when he was a little squishy thing!) to this now. I'm normal BMI, for the first time in ten years lol.

Well Done on the weight loss!!.You look great.I'm trying to lose the weight I put on after stopping smoking.Its not shifting, and I dont like being this big :frown:.I was a size 10/12.....and last weekend had to buy a size 16......its not good for me at my age to be like this.Would love to get back to being smaller.I'm only 5ft tall so feel like a whale.

Any tips PMP?
Original post by Annie72
Well Done on the weight loss!!.You look great.I'm trying to lose the weight I put on after stopping smoking.Its not shifting, and I dont like being this big :frown:.I was a size 10/12.....and last weekend had to buy a size 16......its not good for me at my age to be like this.Would love to get back to being smaller.I'm only 5ft tall so feel like a whale.

Any tips PMP?

calorie count lol. That's what I do, I weigh everything. I didn't used to weigh anything, I used to guesstimate, but I've found that I TOTALLY overestimated how much pasta/rice/potatoes I was having. Now I weigh and work out the calories by looking at the packets.
Reply 754
calorie count lol. That's what I do, I weigh everything. I didn't used to weigh anything, I used to guesstimate, but I've found that I TOTALLY overestimated how much pasta/rice/potatoes I was having. Now I weigh and work out the calories by looking at the packets.

Thanks :smile:.I found that when I was a smoker it was really hard for me to put on weight and I could eat whatever I liked.That didnt work when I stopped and the weight piled on.I walk almost everywhere. I try to walk at least a mile everyday.
Reply 755
Well done PMP, the change is great.
I am rubbish at loosing weight, i last a few days of really good eating then fall off the wagon when i think of chocolate haha
Original post by sauce
I notice you have a new (hairier) baby :colone:, lovely!

haha ah yes the canine a.k.a. Fluffy lol. We got her in September.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/429513_113404688786368_100003505123718_49225_439800159_n.jpg
Reply 759

awwwwwww melt :love:

Quick Reply

Latest