The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
Ah cool, hopefully I'll have more luck with the next open day invites :biggrin:

Congratulations again :h:

Thank you :smile: Good luck for your applications!
Reply 8161
All five offers now! From Leeds / Aberdeen / Sheffield / Cardiff / Glasgow, 36 / 30 / 35 / 34 / 34 IB points respectively. Rather surprised that I received all five offers, though not applying to the ridiculously competitive southern unis did help.
Original post by -Illmatic-
well done! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 8163
Original post by Harve
All five offers now! From Leeds / Aberdeen / Sheffield / Cardiff / Glasgow, 36 / 30 / 35 / 34 / 34 IB points respectively. Rather surprised that I received all five offers, though not applying to the ridiculously competitive southern unis did help.

Well done!

Where are you going to firm? :biggrin:
Reply 8164
Original post by Feragon
What course? I applied for the BSc in Economics, and i still haven't heard from them. Sorry to hear you didn't get in though, I think they are douching out on UK/EU and want more internationals due to the higher fees.

Yeah the dept emailed me saying they 'had made a positive preliminary decision on my offer' but were 'unclear' on my Home status (I am Scottish but currently live alone in London -gap year- which is my UCAS address). Once I replied clarifying that I was Scottish and yes, wouldn't be paying, they suddenly have ceased email correspondence with me.....

Coincidence? I think not.
Reply 8165
Original post by Tateco
Well done!

Where are you going to firm? :biggrin:

Thanks! I'm deciding between Glasgow and Sheffield. Sheffield seems like an great all-round university but with a not-so-amazing Economics department, so I'm not so sure. Ehhh.
Reply 8166
Original post by ahklee77
M1 is pretty straightforward, but if you don't have the physics mindset then it'd probably be more difficult.:wink:

Haha, na, i just did M3 but dont do physics :biggrin: only astronomy is cool, rest is just... yeah no comment :biggrin:

Sorry to but into the thread, but I applied for Maths and Econ at Nottingham if that counts to be a member of this thread :biggrin: + i do econ :yeah:

Hellooo people :colone:
Original post by Tateco
Ask Alex, I think he was considering going into Actuary

I think imperial might do one? Id say Ucl/LSE

Can't find any econ at Imperial I'm afraid. Yeah, I was already looking into UCLs Econ and Stats BSc. Just checking if there were any better ones. Other than LSE, it seems not though.
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Is anyone thinking of going into actuary (especially those who haven't made their minds up yet?)

An economics degree is one of the degrees employees in these firms want, but it will take longer to be fully qualified..... Seems good though

Just saw I was quoted regarding this so tracked back to find this post. Yes I've applied for a couple of actuarial positions, and plan to apply for a couple more. Economics is fine to apply but (as you've mentioned) we don't get any exemptions for the exams.
Reply 8169
Original post by wit-tank
Yeah the dept emailed me saying they 'had made a positive preliminary decision on my offer' but were 'unclear' on my Home status (I am Scottish but currently live alone in London -gap year- which is my UCAS address). Once I replied clarifying that I was Scottish and yes, wouldn't be paying, they suddenly have ceased email correspondence with me.....

Coincidence? I think not.

Really!? Wow, that is just so unfair. Its ridiculous though, people with amazing grades are getting turned down due to the fees. I will try to get in through Adjustment though, seeing as I am sure to get better grades than my conditional for Nottingham. But now I don't know if I feel like going to a university where the staff are douchebags.
Reply 8170
Original post by perrytheplatypus
Can't find any econ at Imperial I'm afraid. Yeah, I was already looking into UCLs Econ and Stats BSc. Just checking if there were any better ones. Other than LSE, it seems not though.

Ah I know they do some kind of Statistics and Finance combined, thought they might have done on with economics too.
Reply 8171
Offer from LSE for economics guys. A*AA.
LSE gave me an offer! YAYYY!!
Original post by WalkerPrince

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Well Done! :biggrin:
Reply 8175
WalkerPrince, what time did you get your email at??
My son got an offer for Economics one hour ago.
Conditions: 8.5 average, 8.5 in Math and in English (European Baccalaureate).
Original post by alex_hk90
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Original post by jamiepango
Well Done! :biggrin:

Thank you very much :smile: So happy! Wait is finally over!

Original post by ashu123
WalkerPrince, what time did you get your email at??

3:45pm
Reply 8178

Well done! :smile:
Reply 8179
Yea, time of my email was 15:31

Latest

Trending

Trending