The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex_hk90
Just saw I was quoted regarding this so tracked back to find this post. Yes I've applied for a couple of actuarial positions, and plan to apply for a couple more. Economics is fine to apply but (as you've mentioned) we don't get any exemptions for the exams.

Thanks. I've sent a PM which has more questions if you don't mind! :smile:
Reply 8181
Original post by WalkerPrince
LSE gave me an offer! YAYYY!!

Well done! Feels amazing doesn't it! :biggrin:
Original post by Tateco
Well done! :smile:

Original post by JuKaMy
Well done! Feels amazing doesn't it! :biggrin:

Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by WalkerPrince
LSE gave me an offer! YAYYY!!

Congrats !

I was just wondering, has anyone heard at all from Durham ? At least Warwick sent an albeit generic email to let me know when I can expect to hear, but I haven't hear anything from Durham for pretty much 4 months !
Original post by vinchenzo25
Congrats !

I was just wondering, has anyone heard at all from Durham ? At least Warwick sent an albeit generic email to let me know when I can expect to hear, but I haven't hear anything from Durham for pretty much 4 months !

a friend of mine applied and has also heard nothing :smile:
has anybody had an offer from St Andrews or know when they are giving them out ?
Original post by tooambitious
a friend of mine applied and has also heard nothing :smile:

Cheers, I just wish they would communicate in some way !
Reply 8187
Original post by vinchenzo25
Cheers, I just wish they would communicate in some way !

Yeah nothing for me either :L This waiting is boring lol. More focused on my fantasy football team nowadays lol. Fantasy Football > UCAS Track ? :P
Reply 8188
No offer from bristol, but they are asking me to apply for Bsc in management. Anyone else get this?

I am really not sure what to do, as the course looks quite good as there are quite a few economics modules and optional ones too.

But i duno... it's hard, at the moment it is economics at birmingham or management at bristol as my firm. I am going to contact them about Economics + Management however to see if I can do that instead. What would people say about different job propects about these two degrees?
Original post by YingYang
No offer from bristol, but they are asking me to apply for Bsc in management. Anyone else get this?

I am really not sure what to do, as the course looks quite good as there are quite a few economics modules and optional ones too.

But i duno... it's hard, at the moment it is economics at birmingham or management at bristol as my firm. I am going to contact them about Economics + Management however to see if I can do that instead. What would people say about different job propects about these two degrees?

Management at Bristol is pretty good! Are you aiming to work in the City?

It's odd that they've asked you to apply for something which is, essentially, a very different degree; there would be some micro overlap though, I'm sure. About job prospects -- it depends on what you want to do. But, in general, doing well at Bristol would open up more doors in finance and opportunities in postgrad are about the same.

If an Economics degree is what you want to do, then I would go for Birmingham. There's no point in doing a degree that you don't have your heart set on.
Offer from Bath!! So happy!!

:party:
Original post by DylanLJG

Congrats! Firm choice?
Reply 8194

Congratulations :smile:
What offer have they given?
Rejection from Bristol for Economics with Finance. Not disheartened really. I've just firmed Nottingham on UCAS :smile:
Original post by xavier10146
Congrats! Firm choice?

Yeah!

Original post by JuKaMy
Congratulations :smile:
What offer have they given?

A*AA

Congrats :biggrin:

Can I ask whether you took further maths?
Reply 8198

Well done mate!
Original post by jamiepango
Congrats :biggrin:

Can I ask whether you took further maths?

I picked up AS Further Maths this year, that's it.

Latest

Trending

Trending