The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethaneyJ
I can't really answer that as it is a potential interview question. Just be honest and really think why you're applying to BM6. It's not uncommon for people to think BM6 is easier as it has lower entry requirements and they are quickly filtered out of the applications. You do join BM5 anyway, so just think about why you applied in the first place :biggrin:

Because my ukcat score was 497....
Original post by shooby_doo
Because my ukcat score was 497....

maybe not that honest...
It was a joke guys ...

My ukcat score was actually 780 ...

Jk 497 still ...
(edited 12 years ago)
hello

hows everyone today?
Reply 1844
Original post by NothingWorks
maybe not that honest...

Do you guys break up for half-term or anything next week? Is there much chance of hearing anything next week, or will everybody just be off?
Original post by bubble3004
hello

hows everyone today?

hey! Im good, how are you? :biggrin:
Original post by popsiclee67
hey! Im good, how are you? :biggrin:

I am ok
Original post by Besakt
Do you guys break up for half-term or anything next week? Is there much chance of hearing anything next week, or will everybody just be off?

We have lectures now until March 17th, where we have about 4 weeks off.
Reply 1848
My interview coming up in less than 12 days (they gave me 13days notice) how can I prepare! :s-smilie:
Original post by mashalli
My interview coming up in less than 12 days (they gave me 13days notice) how can I prepare! :s-smilie:

the usualy way

go through your personal statement.

maybe do some mock interviews

decide how you are getting there

decide what to wear

:wink:.....very general advice,but no one is talking about what happened during interviews to make it fair

Go over some common questions and get your answers straight, with balanced arguments for the ethics based questions. Perhaps get one of your teachers to give you a mock interview? Make sure you know your PS inside out!

Don't just memorise answers though, just have a general foundation for each one, otherwise it will sound rehearsed and robotic.

Also, go over basic things like posture and eye contact etc

That's all you can do really...
Original post by carl_senior
Go over some common questions and get your answers straight, with balanced arguments for the ethics based questions. Perhaps get one of your teachers to give you a mock interview? Make sure you know your PS inside out!

Don't just memorise answers though, just have a general foundation for each one, otherwise it will sound rehearsed and robotic.

morning,hows the preparatoons going?
Original post by bubble3004
morning,hows the preparatoons going?

Morning. The 'preparatoons' are going fine thanks :biggrin:
How about you?
Preparations!? Ahh i havent yet started .. I will do so today .. and my interview is next week wednesday ! D:
This might explain my other past, abysmal medical interviews..

I'd probably say get a friend to question them, as it's half term haha
Morning. The 'preparatoons' are going fine thanks :biggrin:
How about you?

their going okish,i just knew someone would notice that typo.I was going to go back to edit it ,but i got lazy

Original post by shooby_doo
Preparations!? Ahh i havent yet started .. I will do so today .. and my interview is next week wednesday ! D:
This might explain my other past, abysmal medical interviews..

:smile: you will be ok
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by popsiclee67
I'd probably say get a friend to question them, as it's half term haha

Oh is it? This is what happens when you leave school. Half the time I don't know what day it is.

#outoftouchwithreality
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh is it? This is what happens when you leave school. Half the time I don't know what day it is.

#outoftouchwithreality

I thought that haha, yeah this week is half term :P

I had 6 days notice for mine :/
Original post by a05aafzul
I had 6 days notice for mine :/

6 days? :eek:
do you live close to southampton? I'd freak if I only had 6 days notice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending