The Student Room Group

Ever dream of having sex with your parents?

I once dreamed that my dad was asking me to give him a BJ. In my dream I felt extremely uncomfortable and in the end I couldn't really do it, and my dad was sympathetic and made it clear if I didn't want to I didn't have to. When I woke up I thought this was extremely strange and I was very embarrassed. Don't get me wrong, my dad and I are very close and I love and admire him, but our relationship is pretty standard daughter-father. But recently I talked to a friend of mine who confessed he once dreamed he had sex with his mother, and this got me wondering, how common is this? Another friend of mine said he'd heard if you dream about having sex with your parents it means you're sexually frustrated (though he admitted he had no idea if this was true or not). Anyway, have any of you ever had a similar dream? It's such a taboo subject I know no one IRL would tell me if they had, so I though I'd ask the good people of TSR :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by genki
I once dreamed that my dad was asking me to give him a BJ. In my dream I felt extremely uncomfortable and in the end I couldn't really do it, and my dad was sympathetic and made it clear if I didn't want to I didn't have to. When I woke up I thought this was extremely strange and I was very embarrassed. Don't get me wrong, my dad and I are very close and I love and admire him, but our relationship is pretty standard daughter-father. But recently I talked to a friend of mine who confessed he once dreamed he had sex with his mother, and this got me wondering, how common is this? Another friend of mine said he'd heard if you dream about having sex with your parents it means you're sexually frustrated (though he admitted he had no idea if this was true or not). Anyway, have any of you ever had a similar dream? It's such a taboo subject I know no one IRL would tell me if they had, so I though I'd ask the good people of TSR :smile:

Have you ever been sexually fustrated? Are you virgin? No offence. :smile: It is just the unconscious being naughty so don't worry much.
Reply 2
I was about to say something sarcastic, until I remembered that I have had one of those dreams. It was so terrifying that I couldn't look the family member in the eye for a month afterwards. In the midst of such memories, it's quite nice to see that I'm not the only one! :biggrin:
Never about my parents, remember having some weird dreams about my sisters when i was in my early teens. There are tons of psychological studies that seem to all say different things about the exact causes/reasons but all seem to indicate it is more to do with emotional reasons rather than sexual. Dreams like this are a lot more common than people think but as you said it's such a taboo subject people very rarely speak about it openly.
Reply 4
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Have you ever been sexually fustrated? Are you virgin? No offence. :smile: It is just the unconscious being naughty so don't worry much.

I am virgin, and at 18 I suppose that would mean I am somewhat sexually frustrated though I do masturbate often enough (I am quite drunk or else I would never admit to this :P). I am not too worried, it's only happened once and I don't think I actually harbor incestuous feeling towards my father, which is why I found this dream so strange and why I am glad to hear I'm not the only one to have had one of them.
Reply 5
Mmm, it's funny because I am listening to 'Imagine' by John Lennon

But no, I never had, but my cousins, yes lol.
Reply 6
Is this what my life has become? Sitting on TSR at 5 in the morning reading about a girl dreaming of gobbling her dad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by mau5
Is this was my life has become? Sitting on TSR at 5 in the morning reading about a girl dreaming of gobbling her dad.

:smile:
You've got to look on the bright side, mate. She's 18, seemingly rather good looking, half cut, and starting sexy-talk.

What could be better with your cornflakes?
Reply 9
Reply 10
Original post by cambio wechsel
You've got to look on the bright side, mate. She's 18, seemingly rather good looking, half cut, and starting sexy-talk.

What could be better with your cornflakes?

It could be photoshoped.

Spoiler

No and I doubt I ever will.
Ew hell no.
Reply 13
Ewww...*shudder*. Maybe you should visit a psychiatrist because your subconscious picks up on your thoughts and turns them into dreams.You don't dream about random things like that.

What's with all the negs- it was advice. I wasn't trying to make fun of the OP, if that's what your thinking.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Ptolemy001
Ewww...*shudder*. Maybe you should visit a psychiatrist because your subconscious picks up on your thoughts and turns them into dreams.You don't dream about random things like that.

Supposedly. No one is able to tell whether or not that is actually true, that's just going from Psychodynamic Psychology, and to be honest, I wouldn't take any of Freud's theories at face value, considering he was a drug addict.

There's no need to see a psychiatrist.

Consider yourself lucky it was you parents, a friend of mine once drunkenly confessed that she had dreamt about her grandparents. Scary business!
Reply 15
I had a similar dream a few weeks ago, but I actualy did do it, in the front room, with my family watching aswelll :puke: BTW I'm not sexually frustrated :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Don't visit a psychiatrist; they'll probably end up giving you false memories or your dad sexually abusing you.
Did you also dream about your mother getting between you and your father? Electra Complex. Freud would have loved you! lol

I personally dont believe in psychoanalysis and Freudian dream theory but you never know!

Oops didnt realise this had already been mentioned. Sorry
Ummmmmmmmmmm. No. That's strange.

Original post by Tpx
Don't visit a psychiatrist; they'll probably end up giving you false memories or your dad sexually abusing you.

Not at all related to the thread, but your sig is ****ing hilarious but at the same time I feel kinda bad for laughing at it.
Reply 19
The lack of an anonymous option in this thread may be changing the sorts of responses you get :tongue:

I saw the person listening to Imagine when they came across this thread, and raise you this: