Scroll to see replies

Reply 8200
Original post by DylanLJG
Offer from Bath!! So happy!!

:party:

Well done! :biggrin:

Hopefully this means they will get round to me soon? :redface:
Original post by Yash13
Yeah nothing for me either :L This waiting is boring lol. More focused on my fantasy football team nowadays lol. Fantasy Football > UCAS Track ? :P

I make a team every single year and always forget about them !
Original post by DylanLJG
I picked up AS Further Maths this year, that's it.

Ah same as me :biggrin:

And they didn't include it in your offer which was nice of them! :tongue:
Hi everyone, just need some advise on the topic. Which uni is better for Economics Bs, job prospects mainly + social life??
Essex, Royal Holloway, Sussex, Kent.
Many thanks.
Original post by aleksandra_
Hi everyone, just need some advise on the topic. Which uni is better for Economics Bs, job prospects mainly + social life??
Many thanks.

When it comes to questions such as "which uni is better?", the answer is debatable. It depends on a number of factors such as preference and the performance of the uni. All the universities you've mentioned have a good reputation. For me personally, I'd prefer Sussex because of how well the university is performing overall. The university is located near Brighton and it's not far from the capital so student life should be cool. The ranking for Economics is close so either university is good. The main thing that matters is how well you'd perform at the university, so I'd advise you to look at the course contents, visit the universities, research on student life at the unis and decide. :smile:
Hi Guys,

It has been over 2months since I sent my UCAS App, and I've only had 1rejection from last choice!! Though I will be 20 when I start, I did one year of Law at a R.Group University and hated it, though somehow still passed with minimal effort. Then I left that institution and I'm currently working in Investment Banking for the year whilst re-applying for Eco.

Should I contact the universities and ask them about my application? I'm really worried I'm going to have 5rejections!
Many thanks.

I think Sussex is hands down the best in that list. Has a good social scene as well. Good Uni overall!
Original post by iPodTunes
Hi Guys,

It has been over 2months since I sent my UCAS App, and I've only had 1rejection from last choice!! Though I will be 20 when I start, I did one year of Law at a R.Group University and hated it, though somehow still passed with minimal effort. Then I left that institution and I'm currently working in Investment Banking for the year whilst re-applying for Eco.

Should I contact the universities and ask them about my application? I'm really worried I'm going to have 5rejections!

What investment bank? and are you getting paid?
Original post by darkshadow1111
What investment bank? and are you getting paid?

Bank X & I'm on about 50-60% of a graduate salary..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8209
Hi Guys,

No, just wait. I'm still waiting on three universities and I sent my application 5 months ago.

Are you on an actual scheme or did you get in through contacts?
Reply 8210

Many thanks.

Sussex
Royal Holloway
Kent
Essex

Best overall university, and by far the best social scene on that list also.
Reply 8211
Bank X & I'm on about 50-60% of a graduate salary..

*updates list: Places-I-never-want-to-work-at*
:colone:
Original post by Tateco
No, just wait. I'm still waiting on three universities and I sent my application 5 months ago.

Are you on an actual scheme or did you get in through contacts?

It's like a scheme if I'd say so myself. I'm within an MO Equities team so this involves lots of exposure to front office, sales & traders, clients...a whole range of front-back offices teams tbh. Though I also have experience in Accountancy, Retail Banking, and a little city law...

Though my my concern is to just get to university and do something I enjoy :smile:...where have you applied?
Reply 8213
Nice, what bank? DB?

I'm not happy with how my UCAS application is going so I'm going to take a gap year, hence the interest :P I have a few interviews lined up so hoping to get something :s-smilie:
Original post by Tateco
Nice, what bank? DB?

I'm not happy with how my UCAS application is going so I'm going to take a gap year, hence the interest :P I have a few interviews lined up so hoping to get something :s-smilie:

In a month's time you could have 4 offers, how would you feel then?
Reply 8215
Original post by WalkerPrince
In a month's time you could have 4 offers, how would you feel then?

If I have a gap year scheme, then I'd still rather do that and try again next year :smile:
Original post by Tateco
If I have a gap year scheme, then I'd still rather do that and try again next year :smile:

That's fair enough :cool:
Reply 8217
That's fair enough :cool:

Just want to make sure I'm not settling for something I don't want :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
Just want to make sure I'm not settling for something I don't want :tongue:

Reminder of your unis - UCL, Bath, Nottingham and Bristol. Correct?

A year is nothing to be honest in the grand scheme of things, if it could potentially mean Cambridge or LSE (which I suspect you'd apply to if you applied again) :smile:
Reply 8219
Reminder of your unis - UCL, Bath, Nottingham and Bristol. Correct?

A year is nothing to be honest in the grand scheme of things, if it could potentially mean Cambridge or LSE (which I suspect you'd apply to if you applied again) :smile:

UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Bath. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy at one of the former two but I'd be even happier to have a year out and end up at one of them or potentially somewhere better :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending