The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carl_senior
Is it the green 'Medical School Interviews' book by any chance?
That's the one that I've got. You'll notice that all the answers sound very robotic, but it is extremely useful to give you a framework to build on for your answers.

No, its a blue and purple one by Dr. Christopher See. I wanted to get the green one but its too dear for me right now and I read around for reviews for the one I got, and it seemed fine :smile:
Original post by Schwepper2
Thank you! Yes I had my interview in January but just got a conditional offer through! :smile:

well done :smile:

sounds like you got one of the early offers....
btw guys...there are 7 more weeks of interviews left.....so if you haven't heard in 5 weeks time....

sorry :frown:
Original post by Ally312
No, its a blue and purple one by Dr. Christopher See. I wanted to get the green one but its too dear for me right now and I read around for reviews for the one I got, and it seemed fine :smile:

Ive got the ISC green one..
And i dont really like it ..
Whats the purple one like?
Original post by shooby_doo

Why not? :s-smilie:

I don't know personally, it hasn't arrived yet lol :tongue:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeed-Your-Medical-School-Interview/dp/0749461381/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328976035&sr=1-1

Reviews there, and on other sites generally say it's good :smile:
Just realised my interview is on the 29th of feb.
This year is a leap year apparently...
Original post by Schwepper2
Thank you! Yes I had my interview in January but just got a conditional offer through! :smile:

An offer already? Congrats! :smile:
Reply 1908

Awkward...
Reply 1909

My older brother has his birthday on the 29th, technically he is 7 years old this year.

:lol:
the green books ok

Is the purple one faster to read????????
My interviews on wednesday..
I dont think im ready .. :s-smilie:

goodluck,just try your best,and do your best
Reply 1913
Original post by Ally312
I don't know personally, it hasn't arrived yet lol :tongue:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeed-Your-Medical-School-Interview/dp/0749461381/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328976035&sr=1-1

Reviews there, and on other sites generally say it's good :smile:

I have the purple book, it's really good, I like it a lot and it really explains how to approach near enough every question using different methods :smile:

Don't let your nerves get to you. Just remember they must really like you on paper to have given you an interview, and all you have to do is smile and prove it! Do your best and you'll be fine :smile:

Original post by LKLB93
I have the purple book, it's really good, I like it a lot and it really explains how to approach near enough every question using different methods :smile:

Ok, thanks for that :smile: I prefer being told how to approach questions instead of being given straight answers to them. It's been dispatched now and I just have to wait for it to hurry up and arrive! :biggrin:
Is there a prospectus i can view online for medicine at southamton?

Yes thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 1918
Are they giving out interviews this week and have they gave all the rejections out (i mean just straight rejections no interview) ?
They may still be giving interviews out, considering the last sessions is march 28th and they normally give about 2 weeks notice. I can only speculate however as i'm not involved in that process.

Quick Reply

Latest