The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Bath. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy at one of the former two but I'd be even happier to have a year out and end up at one of them or potentially somewhere better :tongue:

You only applied to 4? :tongue:
Reply 8221
Original post by Brand New Eyes
You only applied to 4? :tongue:

Applied to Cambridge as well but was pooled then rejected, those are the four that are still possibilities :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
Applied to Cambridge as well but was pooled then rejected, those are the four that are still possibilities :tongue:

Ahw :h: my memory is so bad. forgive me.

found this on the LSE meme page. as a gift...

Where do you plan on gap yearing then?
Reply 8223

That sort of thing is appropriate for any top university :tongue: I don't think Oxbridge is the be all and end all but I just want to achieve my potential. Not sure yet!
Reply 8224
My teacher is pretty incompetent therefore could anyone recommend any good resources as in specific textbooks/revision guides/websites/youtube channels. I've already seen a few pajholden videos and they're not bad. I'm asking this here as most of you have completed AS Econ and are applying for it at University.

Thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco
UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Bath. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy at one of the former two but I'd be even happier to have a year out and end up at one of them or potentially somewhere better :tongue:

That makes sense.

How funny, I've just spent the last hour on KCL, UCL, LSE, CAMBRIDGE meme pages on Facebook. Great saturday night this :cool:
Reply 8227
Original post by Kravez
My teacher is pretty incompetent therefore could anyone recommend any good resources as in specific textbooks/revision guides/websites/youtube channels. I've already seen a few pajholden videos and they're not bad. I'm asking this here as most of you have completed AS Econ and are applying for it at University.

Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Guide-AS-Level-Economics/dp/1905504217/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328996048&sr=8-1
Reply 8228
Original post by WalkerPrince
How funny, I've just spent the last hour on KCL, UCL, LSE, CAMBRIDGE meme pages on Facebook. Great saturday night this :cool:

That's what happens when we have no revision to be getting on with :wink:
Original post by Tateco
That sort of thing is appropriate for any top university :tongue: I don't think Oxbridge is the be all and end all but I just want to achieve my potential. Not sure yet!

ha yeah I think it's originally from the St Andrews page but it's also on the Imperial, UCL etc ones.
Reply 8230
Original post by Tateco

The Anforme guide actually arrived today :smile: Thanks for recommending it though. I'm really looking for something to actually learn the content as I assume that guide shouldn't be used on its own - more of a revision tool if you know what I mean. Yes a teacher is probably the best way to learn the content, however, as I mentioned above my teacher is horrible.
(edited 12 years ago)

:five:

:love: that was my wednesday night. They need to post news ones! I've already seen them all now :ninja:

Loving the

UCL v KCL, LSE v UCL v Goldsmiths, Imperial v UCL rivalry :lol: It does make me chuckle
Reply 8232
Original post by Kravez
The Anforme guide actually arrived today :smile: Thanks for recommending it though. I'm really looking for something to actually learn the content as I assume that guide shouldn't be used on its own - more of a revision tool if you know what I mean. Yes a teacher is probably the best way to learn the content, however, as I mentioned above my teacher is horrible.

I used that, Tutor2U and BBC News for AS level and lots of past papers, it definitely worked for me (I know how you feel with the teacher).
Reply 8233
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Tateco
I used that, Tutor2U and BBC News for AS level and lots of past papers, it definitely worked for me (I know how you feel with the teacher).

Which board were you on if you don't mind me asking? I'm not sure if you were in the same situation, although my teacher doesn't help whatsoever with the high mark essay questions (18+). Just curious to how you approached those.

I'll definitely be using Tutor2u as you mentioned, although I can't really see BBC being that helpful (maybe a bit). I assume you kept up with the financial and business news then both domestic and global?

Edit: Just noticed specific links provided by Tutor2u on recent BBC news articles which link with the syllabus.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8234
Original post by Kravez
Which board were you on if you don't mind me asking? I'm not sure if you were in the same situation, although my teacher doesn't help whatsoever with the high mark essay questions (18+). Just curious to how you approached those.

I'll definitely be using Tutor2u as you mentioned, although I can't really see BBC being that helpful (maybe a bit). I assume you kept up with the financial and business news then both domestic and global?

Well I can tell from the 18+ that you're probably on OCR? I'm not on OCR so maybe my strategy isn't what you need...

:yes:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8236
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Tateco
Well I can tell from the 18+ that you're probably on OCR? I'm not on OCR so maybe my strategy isn't what you need...

:yes:

Yes I'm on OCR. Sorry I was a bit unclear. By my statement I meant how did you approach the questions by yourself. As in how to structure them, whats needed to score the highest marks etc. I'm assuming your teacher didn't go through with you on them that is why I am asking (mine doesn't go through them) so I can take the same approach. Correct me if Im wrong.
Reply 8237
Original post by Kravez
Yes I'm on OCR. Sorry I was a bit unclear. By my statement I meant how did you approach the questions by yourself. As in how to structure them, whats needed to score the highest marks etc. I'm assuming your teacher didn't go through with you on this that is why I am asking (mine doesn't go through them). Correct me if Im wrong.

Economics is not like other A-levels, the structure of the papers vary MASSIVELY between exam boards and even if the economics you need to know if the same there is a different mark scheme and different structure of questions needed so I can't really help. Ask nicely on the economics academic help forum and you should get an answer, but ask a specific question or no one will bother, there are probably a couple of threads about how to structure OCR AS essays already to be honest...
:five:

:love: that was my wednesday night. They need to post news ones! I've already seen them all now :ninja:

Loving the

UCL v KCL, LSE v UCL v Goldsmiths, Imperial v UCL rivalry :lol: It does make me chuckle

I'm also watching the xtranormal Ivy League + LSE videos!

The London unis are so bitchy, it was quite funny to see all the rivalries.
I'm also watching the xtranormal Ivy League + LSE videos!

The London unis are so bitchy, it was quite funny to see all the rivalries.

haha oh my gosh you only just found them!

the LSE banker ones are the best. I want to go to the goldman sachs. I want to study political science. Ah they are so great. Epic uni-bashing is epic

Would you like fries with that?

Latest

Trending

Trending