City University
London
Visit website

Journalism offer holders 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachel1255
What's the sample essay btw?

Hi rachel1255,

We included a sample essay question in the last e-newsletter - not necessarily for you to write it, but to give you the chance to think about a topic you may well study here at City.

The question we gave you is from the "Introduction to British Media" module - one of the core first year modules. It is:

"What does the state of the British media tell us about society in Britain in 2011/2012?"

Have a think about the question, and if you want to share your thoughts or raise any points, feel free to do it on this thread.

Good luck!
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Who's going to the applicant day?
Reply 22
Original post by Mrnnchgnn

I've booked february 22th. So I think I'm going, but not 100% sure yet. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Congratulations to all those with offers, it's good to see that there's a place for us to chill on here. Looking forward to meeting a few of you on the 22nd. :jive:
I too have an offer! So blooming excited to go to City! The only problem is, I've wanted to go there for so long I didn't think about my other choices too much and have only now realised that I should be thinking about insurances... has anyone else applied to LCC? Also... I run a student magazine so if any of you lovely people want to get some more writing under your belt, give me a PM; we City kids have to stick together!
Reply 25
Original post by Daoud
I've booked february 22th. So I think I'm going, but not 100% sure yet. :smile:

Same, I think I'll probably go on april 4th though. :smile:
Reply 26

Same, I think I'll probably go on april 4th though. :smile:

Ok cool! I've got an interview to do at LCF next monday (20th feb), so I just thought I can stay for two more days before going back home to Stockholm. :smile:
Original post by rachel1255
Got my offer on Saturday! So excited, but wondered if you could help in choosing my insurance offer as I have interviews for both unis... London College of Communication or Westminster to study Journalism? Also, how many of you are staying in City halls?

I have offers from the same places too :biggrin: Westminster will definitely be better as an insurance :smile: and yaa, i will be staying in City halls at least for the 1st year! :smile:

i'm not going to be able to make it to the applicant day but there's an open day on June 23rd which I've signed up for :biggrin: CANT WAITT! :biggrin:
Original post by mickeycarroll
I too have an offer! So blooming excited to go to City! The only problem is, I've wanted to go there for so long I didn't think about my other choices too much and have only now realised that I should be thinking about insurances... has anyone else applied to LCC? Also... I run a student magazine so if any of you lovely people want to get some more writing under your belt, give me a PM; we City kids have to stick together!

i have applied to LCC and i have an offer from them too :biggrin: still waiting to hear back from all my universities before decided which to keep as an insurance :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Daoud
Ok cool! I've got an interview to do at LCF next monday (20th feb), so I just thought I can stay for two more days before going back home to Stockholm. :smile:

Good luck then! I'm sure you'll do great :smile: Which uni is your first choice?
I wanted to go on February 22nd but I just came back from Kent - because I had my test and interview - and I will not go to England every ten days haha.
I didn't know there was on open day on June 23rd but I'll be in the middle of my exams so I guess I won't go anyway.
Reply 31

Good luck then! I'm sure you'll do great :smile: Which uni is your first choice?
I wanted to go on February 22nd but I just came back from Kent - because I had my test and interview - and I will not go to England every ten days haha.
I didn't know there was on open day on June 23rd but I'll be in the middle of my exams so I guess I won't go anyway.

Thanks! :smile: City will be my first choice, but I need an insurance .. so I hope I get a place at LCF. :smile: Yeah I know, that's a bit triggy, that's why I'm doing the applicants day now, so I can get rid of going to England every ten days ... haha
Allora siamo in due ad essere felici ed un pĆ² impauriti di non uscire con il voto chiesto....!
Buona fortuna!
Oh and I will be there on the 22nd for the applicants visit day, hope to see you all there! Although I'm quite nervous and excited :smile:
I'm so glad that somebody has started this thread! I got my conditional offer for BA Journalism in November, and there was literally nobody who I knew that go accepted. So are you guys really excited about the course? :biggrin: I certainly am. I'm so afraid of not making it though ...
Hi all,

You might be interested to know that the new BA Journalism course director, Prof. Suzanne Franks, is taking part in a live Q&A on the Guardian's Careers website later today.

The Guardian is hosting a live Q&A on 'routes in journalism' today (Thursday 16 Feb) from 1-3pm.

You can simply watch the chat develop later, or better still, ask Suzanne (and the other panellists) a question if there's anything you want to know about getting into journalism.

Follow the chat here from 1pm.

Hope you enjoy it!
Does anyone know any sports clubs City has? Not that I'm getting over-excited or anything.
Original post by mickeycarroll
Does anyone know any sports clubs City has? Not that I'm getting over-excited or anything.

Funny you should ask that mickeycarroll - the next e-newsletter you'll be receiving from us has information about what goes on at City outside the classroom - sports clubs, societies, volunteering, etc.

We'll be sending that e-newsletter out the week after next, so I hope you don't mind holding on until then....!

Best regards.
Reply 38
Original post by Daoud
Ok ... so now the question is where to live? I know that a lot of students lives at City Halls, but is there anyone considering a place outside the uni?

Because I live in South London already I'll be bottom of the list for halls so I'm thinking about getting a flat/house with people somewhere closer to uni than where I am now. Is that what you're thinking of?

Does anyone know if people do that at London unis or do most first years go into halls?
Reply 39
Original post by tijou
Because I live in South London already I'll be bottom of the list for halls so I'm thinking about getting a flat/house with people somewhere closer to uni than where I am now. Is that what you're thinking of?

Does anyone know if people do that at London unis or do most first years go into halls?

I guess people live in halls the first year and then live in their own place. I think that's what I will do. But I don't know yet, is this less expensive to live in a flat than in halls?
For those who went to the applicant day, how was it?

Quick Reply