The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hasan4life
ive watched bout 2-3 games, so were confused over the rules..
why has the season ended or something else?

If you're unsure about the game, the NFL 360 website is very helpful http://www.nfl-360.com/
Original post by JulietAlphaGolf

Original post by JulietAlphaGolf
Defending Gronk online, WOW your cool "Troll".

Except I'm not really defending Gronk, I'm defending a principle. A principle of not being completely ****ing retarded. Your post implies you think Gronk wasn't giving it his all in the superbowl. Maybe he was faking an injury cos he had money on the Giants, or maybe he was just conserving energy to prepare for the LMFAO gig. Or maybe any posts implying that he wasn't injured because he could dance are so stupid it hurts.
In some good news, I got tickets to Patriots vs Rams @ Wembley this year :biggrin:

Anyone else heading down?
Original post by The Patriot
In some good news, I got tickets to Patriots vs Rams @ Wembley this year :biggrin:

Awesome mate! Have you seen the Pats before?

Watching that Superbowl has only intensified my support for the Patriots. Seeing the look of utter, utter dejection on Brady's face at the end shows just how much it means to him to be the best and to succeed. Inspirational even in defeat.

Starting to think I need to see this guy live before he retires.
Reply 3744

Bought tickets but depends if it clashes with an arsenal game I wanna go to as to whether I keep or sell them
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Awesome mate! Have you seen the Pats before?

Watching that Superbowl has only intensified my support for the Patriots. Seeing the look of utter, utter dejection on Brady's face at the end shows just how much it means to him to be the best and to succeed. Inspirational even in defeat.

Starting to think I need to see this guy live before he retires.

Yeah I saw them ruin the Bucs in 2009. Yes, you have to see him in person before he retires. 5 years to go maximum, maybe less if we (god forbid) have a Peyton Manning situation, or some career ending injury.
Gronk has surgery on the ankle knew it. I dont like how he said he was playing 100 percent though i mean come on dont try kid us that your healthy when your not, i would safely guarantee if he had been 100 percent Patriots win the bowl easy. He might be trying not to make an excuse but i mean everyone can see your not 100 percent? Hopefully he comes back better then ever though
Yeah I saw them ruin the Bucs in 2009. Yes, you have to see him in person before he retires. 5 years to go maximum, maybe less if we (god forbid) have a Peyton Manning situation, or some career ending injury.

Got my tickets as well cant wait. Hopefully it doesnt turn into a manning situation or that would be sad. :l
does anyone here play american football at uni?
does anyone here play american football at uni?

Yes mate. Staffordshire Stallions :smile:
Original post by Scott129
Yes mate. Staffordshire Stallions :smile:

cool, whats it like? im thinking of doing it nxt yr :smile:
cool, whats it like? im thinking of doing it nxt yr :smile:

It's good, really enjoying it. Only downside to being on this particular team is that we have over 70 players (think we have the largest squad in the league) so game time is really limited. What uni are you planning on going to?
It's good, really enjoying it. Only downside to being on this particular team is that we have over 70 players (think we have the largest squad in the league) so game time is really limited. What uni are you planning on going to?

cool, are their any beginners in their? so all u have to do is signup and your in the aquad? what are the games like? its either salford or sheffield hallam :smile:
Cant wait for the new NFL season, this years draft will be interesting so much talent like RG3, Andrew Luck, its a shame Matt Barkley decided to stay on at USC for one more year.
cool, are their any beginners in their? so all u have to do is signup and your in the aquad? what are the games like? its either salford or sheffield hallam :smile:

The majority are beginners tbh. I think 2 years ago, they only had a squad of 30 or 40 so that's pretty much a 100% increase in the last 2 years - goes to show how popular the sport is starting to become.

You sign up, pay your joining fee for insurance, kit rental, travel etc. (mine was £105, yours will most likely be different) and then you're in the squad. It's not like the NFL where they can cut you if you're **** :tongue:

I think sheffield hallam have a fairly decent team, not sure about salford.
The majority are beginners tbh. I think 2 years ago, they only had a squad of 30 or 40 so that's pretty much a 100% increase in the last 2 years - goes to show how popular the sport is starting to become.

You sign up, pay your joining fee for insurance, kit rental, travel etc. (mine was £105, yours will most likely be different) and then you're in the squad. It's not like the NFL where they can cut you if you're **** :tongue:

I think sheffield hallam have a fairly decent team, not sure about salford.

doesnt it annoy you that youve paid so much and **** players are still there though? i understand getting a chance but surely if your awful why should you play the same time as someone whos good?
Reply 3756
Original post by johnharris19944
doesnt it annoy you that youve paid so much and **** players are still there though? i understand getting a chance but surely if your awful why should you play the same time as someone whos good?

Because you're all part of a team, and every player has flaws. You may be fantastic at one thing, but theres a pretty good chance you're awful at something else.
You play/win/lose as a team no matter who's on it, and if you have an attitude that makes you think you're better than anyone else on the team, whether it's true or not, then you're the one that doesn't belong on the team: not them.
Original post by Rekyht
Because you're all part of a team, and every player has flaws. You may be fantastic at one thing, but theres a pretty good chance you're awful at something else.
You play/win/lose as a team no matter who's on it, and if you have an attitude that makes you think you're better than anyone else on the team, whether it's true or not, then you're the one that doesn't belong on the team: not them.

Yeah but having double the amount of players required is absurd theres a line when you think theres just too many?
Also i get the whole team thing but you should have a set amount not go way overboard.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by johnharris19944

I agree actually. I started at WR but due to there being about 10 receivers, I moved to DB to get more playing time. Now, because I don't have much experience (I've had 4 sessions), there are people ahead of me in the pecking order who I think are worse players than me (athletic-wise & football knowledge). It does annoy me a bit but, and I know it sounds like a cliche, the £100 is worth it for a) keeping fit, b) meeting some awesome people and c) having great socials & free food at the pub that sponsors us, etc.

I should point out that the "worse" players don't get an equal amount of time. The starters usually get the first half and occasional bits in the second and all the others share the rest.
I agree actually. I started at WR but due to there being about 10 receivers, I moved to DB to get more playing time. Now, because I don't have much experience (I've had 4 sessions), there are people ahead of me in the pecking order who I think are worse players than me (athletic-wise & football knowledge). It does annoy me a bit but, and I know it sounds like a cliche, the £100 is worth it for a) keeping fit, b) meeting some awesome people and c) having great socials & free food at the pub that sponsors us, etc.

I should point out that the "worse" players don't get an equal amount of time. The starters usually get the first half and occasional bits in the second and all the others share the rest.

Ahh okay i see now i mean im all for team but i mean if theres such a big gulf in experience and ability then its silly getting equal amount of time but i get ya now. Id probably try play running back or cornerback

Latest