The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ikz94
ohhhhh!!! wer'e tooo???? enjoy it i did that for my GCSE break went to spain dman the chickz we pulled hevanly wna go back?????

I don't really get what you're trying to say?:confused:
Original post by ikz94
my college is excess:
Apparently there telling us were getting results on the 9th wth by law we can get it on the 8th.

On the other hand it goes on moole the night of the 8th anyways so???? We get it early

also we can't get away from our parents finding out due to the fact that leteters of results get sent exactly in the morning in the post damn you franciose beregovi (btw she's a racist bitch who is so anti-slamic)

That's confusing :s-smilie:
Oooh that's alright then, I'm jealous of you haha, we don't get ours till 8:30 on the 8th :frown:

Really?! Ours don't, I don't think, cause they didn't last year.
& I'm really glad, I'd rather break the news to my parents slowly rather than them finding out straight away and then having a go at me for having done so bad :tongue:
Reply 402
Why has this thread suddenly got popular? it was almost for the past few weeks.
Also. those of you who have done C3 and C4 how did you cope and learn everything. theyre just so diferent fro c1 and c2. every maths lesson i just sit there and it feels like ive missed a week of school and dont know whats going on. any advice?
I always go into results day thinking, "I'm going to go home and open my results" but it never EVER happens lol :cry2:
Reply 404
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
I always go into results day thinking, "I'm going to go home and open my results" but it never EVER happens lol :cry2:

My school doesnt even give envelopes :facepalm:
Reply 405
Original post by ReTurd
Why has this thread suddenly got popular?

Because Steam is down.

just kidding, no idea :s-smilie:.
Reply 406
Original post by EffKayy

:O- results are purely confidential I find that shocking.
Original post by EffKayy

Wow? :O

I bet the teachers gorge their eyes out and make comments whilst slowly handing you the sheet(s).Grrr :mad:
Reply 408

I bet the teachers gorge their eyes out and make comments whilst slowly handing you the sheet(s).Grrr :mad:

Haha..
Well we get our results at lunch time and we have to go to the hall to get them.
For March results day its always the Upper sixth helping out (as well as teachers).. soo.. everyone can see our results :frown:
Life sucks haah
Reply 409
Original post by ReTurd
Why has this thread suddenly got popular? it was almost for the past few weeks.
Also. those of you who have done C3 and C4 how did you cope and learn everything. theyre just so diferent fro c1 and c2. every maths lesson i just sit there and it feels like ive missed a week of school and dont know whats going on. any advice?

Revise what you learnt in class at home, then start working ahead of your class so your lessons actually become revision for you.
My 18th birthday is the day after, let's hope results day is a good one... :P
Reply 411
ive started having nightmares about results day (hehe i always get them a few weeks before results day)- few nights ago i had a dream that i got 0 (no marks) for my bio exam. then i woke up and realised it was only a dream - it was the best feeling ever :smile: ....
This year, we have to go in and open our results in front of our form tutors, and then have a meeting with the tutor at the same time. They won't even put the results online until we go see our tutors. So I'm probably going to break down in front of my tutor when I find out I failed everything.
Reply 413
Original post by ReTurd

I've just done C3 + C4 this January and although my advice may not be that good - as I have a feeling I didn't do great - I found trying to understand what you are doing made everything easier. If you understand what the question is trying to get you to do the maths tends to be relatively straight forward.

In terms of coping with the workload I tried to make sure I did all the homework set, which was pretty much an exercise every other lesson. If I didn't understand something I would go over it again, consult the textbook, use websites online etc - Examsolutions is a great website if you are looking for help.

From personal experience I can't stress enough that understanding the concepts is key! Unlike C1 and C2 you can't just do 10 past papers with a rough idea of how to do everything and expect to do well.

Good luck. :colone:
Original post by EffKayy
Haha..
Well we get our results at lunch time and we have to go to the hall to get them.
For March results day its always the Upper sixth helping out (as well as teachers).. soo.. everyone can see our results :frown:
Life sucks haah

Same at my school, its ridiculous! :redface:
This is the day that I am going to commit suicide.

My school doesn't do envelopes either. we get a folded bit of paper with the results on it...

The teachers get the results the previous day so they could make comments if they wanted to even if it was in an envelope..
one time a teacher congratulated me on my result before i even got it haha!
Reply 417
Yeah we dont get envelopes either. our tutor gives them out in form time. last year for AS my tutor was being a prick as usual. he asked one girl what her predicted grades were before he gave her her results and she said something like Bs and As and she ended up getting 3 As. he did the same to me and i had similar predictions (and he knew it) but i told him that i couldnt remember them, my results ended up being 3 Cs and a B. And we were the only 2 he asked about predictions.
why are some teachers simply pathetic *****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by asas78978
Eh... I don't get what you mean, I finished C4 exam this January so that means I have already done C4, so I know how simple integration is in C4.:wink:

oh sorry, i misunderstood what you were saying
Original post by asas78978
Sorry about that, I'll do it quietly:wink: Kidding how's ur AS gone

:sly: haha, not too bad, I suppose.

Quick Reply