The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else still waiting to hear from bath or bristol?kind of giving up on both of them...have to choose between kings and exeter...advice!?
which would you firm and insure out of imperial, ucl, durham and york
Reply 4802
Original post by lifesabeach

Well...if you're asking us for our personal opinions? I would firm Durham and Insure York...but that's because I've found I definitely don't want to stay in London for three/four years at this point in my life (maybe that will change when I'm older). Hence why using one of my spots to apply to Imperial was a mistake :smile:. But those are four damn good Universities and it's a very enviable dilemma you have. If it indeed IS a dilemma...your profile says you "Can't wait to study in London!!!" indicating you don't have the trepidation that I do regarding London :P. In that case; I would firm Imperial as I feel it's the superior London University with regards to Mathematics. Your insurance would depend on whether you REALLY want to study in London or you want to play it safe and go with the "AAB" option as a back up. I mean; if you feel confident of getting A*AA and it's the second A* you have some worries about...why not have UCL as your insurance? That way; you'd end up in London either way :smile:?
Reply 4803
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by deejayy
I am going to firm Cambridge and I am thinking of insuring Imperial, but is that too risky?

My offer for Imperial is A*A*A and a 2 in step.

My offer for cambridge is A*AA and 11 in step

doing all 3 steps?
Reply 4805
Original post by Rahul.S
doing all 3 steps?

just 2 and 3 since they are the ones they've asked for.
Original post by deejayy
just 2 and 3 since they are the ones they've asked for.

oh imperial specified with II and III :eek:

well I'm waiting to hear back from imperial as well for my insurance. tbh I reckon I will be insuring a uni that also asks for STEP....I guess as long your confident of achieving a 2 in step II or III on a BAD DAY then sure do it....

who negged? THANKS BRAH =)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4807
Original post by Rahul.S
oh imperial specified with II and III :eek:

well I'm waiting to hear back from imperial as well for my insurance. tbh I reckon I will be insuring a uni that also asks for STEP....I guess as long your confident of achieving a 2 in step II or III on a BAD DAY then sure do it....

Yeah, I'm not sure if I am.
Original post by deejayy
Yeah, I'm not sure if I am.

your imperial offer is quite high....especially since they are asking for STEP :eek: hope they dont give me a STEP offer....

You should definately choose York...
Great uni and great city :biggrin:
Has anyone with an offer from Leeds recieved a letter through the post?
I dont seem to have one
Original post by BeccaCath94

Has anyone with an offer from Leeds recieved a letter through the post?
I dont seem to have one

Yeah i received it like 2 days after receiving my offer.
Original post by einstein123
Yeah i received it like 2 days after receiving my offer.

Oh.
I think I might've recieved one now come to think of it I just dont know where it is!
Is it the same on that can be seen through track?

Oh.
I think I might've recieved one now come to think of it I just dont know where it is!
Is it the same on that can be seen through track?

Yeah i think so and they give you like a pack aswell!
Original post by einstein123
Yeah i think so and they give you like a pack aswell!

Oh. I'll have a look....
Original post by SParm
Well...if you're asking us for our personal opinions? I would firm Durham and Insure York...but that's because I've found I definitely don't want to stay in London for three/four years at this point in my life (maybe that will change when I'm older). Hence why using one of my spots to apply to Imperial was a mistake :smile:. But those are four damn good Universities and it's a very enviable dilemma you have. If it indeed IS a dilemma...your profile says you "Can't wait to study in London!!!" indicating you don't have the trepidation that I do regarding London :P. In that case; I would firm Imperial as I feel it's the superior London University with regards to Mathematics. Your insurance would depend on whether you REALLY want to study in London or you want to play it safe and go with the "AAB" option as a back up. I mean; if you feel confident of getting A*AA and it's the second A* you have some worries about...why not have UCL as your insurance? That way; you'd end up in London either way :smile:?

great response, thanks!! about my profile, i wrote that when i was sure about imperial. since then however i have been slightly worried about the student social life and the bad male to female ratio for males! As you have said, imperial has a greater maths rep (COWI and all that) so I will be firming imperial (or durham which I will decide on when I visit in March). My head says imperial will benefit my career, as I want to work in the city. And my heart, well I think its my 'heart', says Durham because I enjoying achieving, but also partying and enjoying my self :smile:
You should definately choose York...
Great uni and great city :biggrin:

I dont think I will be because I want to travel further afield, further than 45mins by car anyway :smile: I have experienced a part of student life there and I must say I very much enjoyed it !! (I stayed at a friends house who is at York and went for a night out)
What shall I pick for an insurance between southampton and lancaster? (they want the same grades)
I dont think I will be because I want to travel further afield, further than 45mins by car anyway :smile: I have experienced a part of student life there and I must say I very much enjoyed it !! (I stayed at a friends house who is at York and went for a night out)

Oh i see. well fair enough!
I love it here but I'm said to say I didnt reply because ive lived nowhere else in my life!
Original post by ccfcadam36
What shall I pick for an insurance between southampton and lancaster? (they want the same grades)

I think they're pretty even, maybe Southampton edges Lancaster though/ Take a look at the courses, I know Lancaster is quite bent towards statistics. Something I should have look at prior to choosing it because I really want to do mostly pure.

Latest