The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Someone has been rejected by SGUL, via NMM. Turns out rejection was a UCAS error.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nasher and Basher
Someone has been rejected by SGUL, via NMM.

Okay. Now my anxiety really starts. :frown:

Luckily I have been preparing myself for the worst. I'm already thinking about next years application. There are other medical schools I prefer.
Original post by manupalace
Okay. Now my anxiety really starts. :frown:

Luckily I have been preparing myself for the worst. I'm already thinking about next years application. There are other medical schools I prefer.

If I wasn't constantly checking my emails before then I am now... Goodbye productivity at work!
Original post by Bob Kelso
If I wasn't constantly checking my emails before then I am now... Goodbye productivity at work!

Just to make matters worse, I didn't receive an email from SGUL directly (it got lost somewhere in cyberspace but not spam/trash) but my Track updated way before the email came from UCAS so I'd keep an eye on your Track account too!
Original post by nearlybled2death
Just to make matters worse, I didn't receive an email from SGUL directly (it got lost somewhere in cyberspace but not spam/trash) but my Track updated way before the email came from UCAS so I'd keep an eye on your Track account too!

Nothing on my Track app, nothing on my emails. I had a dream last night that I received an offer from SGUL today, it was one of those awful dreams where you realise you are dreaming and dont want to wake up! Maybe its a good omen and something will come today... :rolleyes:
Original post by nearlybled2death

Just got an email from SGUL... They say the Admissions panel will be meeting to discuss interview results during the last week of February and offers should be released in early March... WHYYYYY!!!?????? :mad:
Reply 9786
Just got an email from SGUL... They say the Admissions panel will be meeting to discuss interview results during the last week of February and offers should be released in early March... WHYYYYY!!!?????? :mad:

Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy
Half term this week and they're all off on holiday with the kids?

:tongue:
Original post by Albion91
Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy

It's a test of our sanity I reckon... Mine is at breaking point!

Original post by Albion91
Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy

Original post by adsyrah
Half term this week and they're all off on holiday with the kids?

:tongue:

Might have something to do with the fact that UK undergrad interviews are happening this week and international applicant interviews are happening next week.

Did everyone get that email. I didn't :confused:

If I'm still sane by the end of this process it'll be an achievement. I guess at least now I can hope to be able to focus on uni work.
(edited 12 years ago)
Offer from Imperial!!!

Here are my stats:

BSc Biological Sciences (Warwick)
MSc Integrative Bioscience (Oxford)
PhD Pharmacy (Nottingham)

UKCAT: 747.5

Work Experience:
One week shadowing a neurosurgeon
Six months NHS ward volunteer
Two weeks in a paediatric hospital in India
St John’s Ambulance qualification

Applied to:
Imperial: Offer Accepted
Oxford: Rejection (without interview)
Cambridge: Rejection (without interview)
King’s: Offer (5 year) Declined
Congrats!!
Congrats! thats awesome!
Reply 9793

Not itself a problem - I won't find out the outcome of Notts interview until mid-April at the earliest so March is still a pretty quick turn around from SGUL.

Southampton, who knows?
Original post by HLS
Not itself a problem - I won't find out the outcome of Notts interview until mid-April at the earliest so March is still a pretty quick turn around from SGUL.

Southampton, who knows?

Its not really that quick a turn around when you think of their interview dates...

Notts interview last week in March and the first week in April and the post offer open day is the 28th April. That suggests a turn around from interview to offer/rejection of 3-4 weeks at most. SGUL interview all through January and aren't getting back to us until March - thats 2 months waiting for the earliest interviewed and 5-6 weeks for those in the last week of January.
Reply 9795
Original post by Nasher and Basher
Someone has been rejected by SGUL, via NMM. Turns out rejection was a UCAS error.

How do you know it was an error? NMM still saying people were rejected.
Reply 9796
Its not really that quick a turn around when you think of their interview dates...

Notts interview last week in March and the first week in April and the post offer open day is the 28th April. That suggests a turn around from interview to offer/rejection of 3-4 weeks at most. SGUL interview all through January and aren't getting back to us until March - thats 2 months waiting for the earliest interviewed and 5-6 weeks for those in the last week of January.

I don't think it's too bad. I am in no rush - unless somebody really takes the piss and doesn't disclose offers until May or something, which would make it very difficult to make domestic arrangements for the upheval.
According to the letter from Notts, if you're successful "you will be informed in writing no later than Monday 16th April 2012", though going by their current track record, I'd take that with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

In other news, "This is let you know that no further invitations to our Selection Centre are to be sent out for entry in 2012." Thanks Warwick, I had figured that by myself. Now to wait for the inevitable change of Track email, that'll still scare me even though I'm expecting it.
Original post by HLS
How do you know it was an error? NMM still saying people were rejected.

The person who posted that on NMM, took that from the fb group, the same place where I saw the message originally. The applicant then said that after contacting SGUL, they said it was a UCAS error.
Reply 9799
warwick was a wicked day out but the less said about it the better. Cant stop stressing.

Latest

Trending

Trending