Original post by followmeup
Media Production :biggrin:

:biggrin: That's a pretty nice mixture tbh
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Original post by danielleelizabethx
Congratulations! :smile:
I had an unconditional 4 days ago, to study Criminology & Education Studies :biggrin:

Thank you! Congratulations to you too :smile:
Are you going to live in student accommodation? If so which one?
anyone else still waiting for an intial reply? i sent off my application in October for primary teaching with SENI. its my Favorite and the only one im still waiting on - im kind of freaking out a bit :L
Original post by thisisthemoment
Thank you! Congratulations to you too :smile:
Are you going to live in student accommodation? If so which one?

I am yeah! I dunno, I'm not sure which one I should apply for! I'm not so keen on the idea of shared bathrooms though lol
What accommodation you applying for? :smile:

and thanks :biggrin:
I am yeah! I dunno, I'm not sure which one I should apply for! I'm not so keen on the idea of shared bathrooms though lol
What accommodation you applying for? :smile:

and thanks :biggrin:

I'm hoping for West Downs with an en suite :smile: I'm not keen on shared bathrooms either and in the end I thought the extra cost would be worth it though West Downs with a shared bathroom would be alright and my 2nd choice. I know WD is very popular though so will try and apply early. Only problem is its quite far from main campus and Winchester is obviously hilly :s-smilie: but good exercise :smile: queens road was gorgeous but just too expensive! But I'm definitely going self catered :biggrin:

Hope you don't mind me asking but how old are you? Only asking because I know to get an unconditional offer you need to have done your A levels and I'm glad I'm not the only one :smile:
West Downs :love:

The walk to campus is downhill, it's just getting back that's the problem :tongue:
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
West Downs :love:

The walk to campus is downhill, it's just getting back that's the problem :tongue:

Ooh its downhill should make going to lectures a lot easier in the morning then :smile: I'm guessing you lived in West Downs?? If so did you have an en suite? (never got to see one on the open day and just wondered what they were like - size wise, decent plumbing, anything really not sure what to expect :s-smilie:)

Also what actually is the walking distance from West Downs to main campus and to the town?? :smile:
I'm hoping for West Downs with an en suite :smile: I'm not keen on shared bathrooms either and in the end I thought the extra cost would be worth it though West Downs with a shared bathroom would be alright and my 2nd choice. I know WD is very popular though so will try and apply early. Only problem is its quite far from main campus and Winchester is obviously hilly :s-smilie: but good exercise :smile: queens road was gorgeous but just too expensive! But I'm definitely going self catered :biggrin:

Hope you don't mind me asking but how old are you? Only asking because I know to get an unconditional offer you need to have done your A levels and I'm glad I'm not the only one :smile:

Yeah thats where I was looking at! :smile: can't wait to actually go now, September seems so far away lol
I'm 21, and surprisingly have no A levels to my name hah. How old are you? :smile:
Ooh its downhill should make going to lectures a lot easier in the morning then :smile: I'm guessing you lived in West Downs?? If so did you have an en suite? (never got to see one on the open day and just wondered what they were like - size wise, decent plumbing, anything really not sure what to expect :s-smilie:)

Also what actually is the walking distance from West Downs to main campus and to the town?? :smile:

I didn't have an ensuite, but one of my friends did. They are decent-sized rooms, about the same as the normal ones, although the shower just has a plug in the floor so you have to be careful it doesn't flood.

The showers there are amazing though, I still miss them (I only lived there 2001-2 :tongue:) :sogood:

To the campus it's about 15 minutes, to town 30 maybe. There is a bus that goes to the hospital from town, so I'd suggest getting that when you have done any shopping - or even if you haven't, it's a ****** big hill!
Yeah thats where I was looking at! :smile: can't wait to actually go now, September seems so far away lol
I'm 21, and surprisingly have no A levels to my name hah. How old are you? :smile:

Wow really - what qualifications do you have?
I know I'm really excited :biggrin: Bring on September!
Oh and I'm 18 but 19 in March :smile:

Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
I didn't have an ensuite, but one of my friends did. They are decent-sized rooms, about the same as the normal ones, although the shower just has a plug in the floor so you have to be careful it doesn't flood.

The showers there are amazing though, I still miss them (I only lived there 2001-2 :tongue:) :sogood:

To the campus it's about 15 minutes, to town 30 maybe. There is a bus that goes to the hospital from town, so I'd suggest getting that when you have done any shopping - or even if you haven't, it's a ****** big hill!

Thanks for the tip :smile: haha most people seem to complain about the hills - even on the open day it seemed crazy hilly! Oooh and looking forward to the showers now :smile:
Wow really - what qualifications do you have?
I know I'm really excited :biggrin: Bring on September!
Oh and I'm 18 but 19 in March :smile:

oh cool, I feel so cold compared to a lot of people going to uni :P
I have GCSE's, one AS level and a level 2 key skills hahah! how I actually got in, I will never know!
I was doing an access course, but I dropped out seeing as I don't need it anymore :smile:
oh cool, I feel so cold compared to a lot of people going to uni :P
I have GCSE's, one AS level and a level 2 key skills hahah! how I actually got in, I will never know!
I was doing an access course, but I dropped out seeing as I don't need it anymore :smile:

Aww thats cool :smile: Good idea dropping out if there is no need for it :smile:
Nah you're not going to seem old, I was talking to people at my work who are also applying for uni this year and one is 26, one 22 and the other 21. I'm actually quite surprised that there are people my age applying this year seeing as most of us could have gone last year when the fees were a lot lower :frown:

Have you had your confirmation letter yet? I haven't even had an email everything I have heard is through track :s-smilie:
Aww thats cool :smile: Good idea dropping out if there is no need for it :smile:
Nah you're not going to seem old, I was talking to people at my work who are also applying for uni this year and one is 26, one 22 and the other 21. I'm actually quite surprised that there are people my age applying this year seeing as most of us could have gone last year when the fees were a lot lower :frown:

Have you had your confirmation letter yet? I haven't even had an email everything I have heard is through track :s-smilie:

No I haven't had anything! Frustrating, all I've heard is what's on track too.
I'm alright with fees 'cause I live in Wales, so I get them subsidised or something.. would be so expensive otherwise!
Do you have Skype or anything? :smile:
No I haven't had anything! Frustrating, all I've heard is what's on track too.
I'm alright with fees 'cause I live in Wales, so I get them subsidised or something.. would be so expensive otherwise!
Do you have Skype or anything? :smile:

I know! It is very annoying! I was going to book an open day but I can't without them giving me the information to do so :frown: never mind.

Wow lucky! Properly jealous! I'm dreading the debt I'm going to end up with - I don't even want to work it out after 1 year let alone 3!!

No I don't have skype though I shall be getting it before uni so I can keep in touch with people. I have a facebook and an email (I'm old fashioned lol) :smile: if thats any good?? :smile:
Reply 194
Does anyone know anything about Alwyn Hall or Elizabeth's? Room sizes or whatever. Due to money, I'll probably end up in catered cuz it seems to work out cheaper (minus the moving everything out in Easter -__-)
Conditional to study creative writing :3 but it's a high offer of 320 ucas points. Fingers crossed?
Well I've officially firmed them now!
Reply 197
I just have too :biggrin: I'm quite excited.
Original post by hookaduck
Does anyone know anything about Alwyn Hall or Elizabeth's? Room sizes or whatever. Due to money, I'll probably end up in catered cuz it seems to work out cheaper (minus the moving everything out in Easter -__-)

I knew someone in Alwyn and the rooms are bigger than the ones at West Downs, you get loads of room - plus no hills to contend with before a 9am lecture :tongue:
Reply 199
Thank you so much. I do like the sound of that, but is there really such a thing as 9AM? :P (wishful thinking)

Quick Reply

Latest