The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purehakkai
Do you know what's happening? I don't really want to listen to them talking about the course for 3 hours :/

No idea, you'd be surprised though...
Original post by WalkerPrince
I wonder how they will deal with the fact that 90% of people will want to go to Chicago......:colone:

Remember , L101 only has 20 students , so that should still be fine even if all of you say you want to go to Chicago .
Its not a problem with numbers but preferences ...they wont hold you back just because all the students want to go to Chicago , you can choose whichever university you want as long as you pass your exams at UCL in year 1 and 2 .

Well done for getting an offer :biggrin:
Reply 8342
Original post by WalkerPrince
I wonder how they will deal with the fact that 90% of people will want to go to Chicago......:colone:

I would only want Columbia or UCLA....
Reply 8343
Original post by Studentt30
I am still waiting for Warwick, applied in October so feels like I have been waiting for agess! Has almost everyone heard from Warwick now? Or are people waiting too?

Still waiting on ucl Warwick lse and nottingham
Hello, since the topic on US universities is brought up, I'd like to know how you all would compare UMichigan-Ann Arbor with Durham or Nottingham, in terms of economics teaching and graduate prospects. UMichigan is more highly-ranked internationally, but I suppose it's partially because of the research and grants. So I appreciate any qualitative feedback here, thanks! :smile:
Reply 8345
Original post by wit-tank
I would only want Columbia or UCLA....

Heard anything more yet? :biggrin:
Hey does anyone know how long it takes UCAS track to update after receiving the email from UCL saying you have been given an offer ? I am keen to know whether my offer is conditional or not as I am post A2 but am doing extra A level this year.

Also what would people go for, Bath with a placement year or UCL.
Thnx
Original post by Investment Banker
Remember , L101 only has 20 students , so that should still be fine even if all of you say you want to go to Chicago .
Its not a problem with numbers but preferences ...they wont hold you back just because all the students want to go to Chicago , you can choose whichever university you want as long as you pass your exams at UCL in year 1 and 2 .

Well done for getting an offer :biggrin:

Chicago are very selective. Doubt they'd want any significant fraction of UCL students sitting in on lectures. The issue is not just about what UCL can afford, it's about how many Chicago want to fit. I don't know how it works at UCL but I think they'd be stupid not to allocate preferences based on performances in the first and second years...i.e. the best performing students get their first choice pick.
Reply 8348
Original post by member910132

Also what would people go for, Bath with a placement year or UCL.
Thnx

UCL hands down...
Still waiting to hear from LSE and Warwick for straight (L100) Economics.
Had the equivalent in the European Baccalaureate (doing my last year this year) of 9A*, A, B. I did get rejections from UCL and Durham
for reasons I can't explain cause my grades were all alright....
Anyone else waiting for my last two too?
Original post by pkhelfried
Still waiting to hear from LSE and Warwick for straight (L100) Economics.
Had the equivalent in the European Baccalaureate (doing my last year this year) of 9A*, A, B. I did get rejections from UCL and Durham
for reasons I can't explain cause my grades were all alright....
Anyone else waiting for my last two too?

Warwick
Original post by economist94
Warwick

You heard from LSE?
Does anyone who has previously got an offer from UCL via email know when they update UCAS track ?
Original post by funkydee
You heard from LSE?

No. I didn't apply to LSE. I really want Warwick though and I can't stand waiting so long. I'm kind of confused because they have started to give out some rejections so I don't know whether to be happy or worried that I haven't heard anything yet :eek:
Reply 8354
No. I didn't apply to LSE. I really want Warwick though and I can't stand waiting so long. I'm kind of confused because they have started to give out some rejections so I don't know whether to be happy or worried that I haven't heard anything yet :eek:

Same :L So Anxious! Good luck :smile:
BTW did anyone get an email the other day from LSE saying that you have been put into a gathering field and that they will get back to you on or before 31st march ?
(edited 12 years ago)

I doubt that. Source?
Reply 8357

BTW did anyone get an email the other day from LSE saying that you have been put into a gathering field and that they will get back to you on or before 31st march ?

yes i received that email, some of my friends (that have the same grades or better than mine) also applied but haven't received this email. I don't know if it's a bad or good sign :s
Original post by Jsalgado
yes i received that email, some of my friends (that have the same grades or better than mine) also applied but haven't received this email. I don't know if it's a bad or good sign :s

Last year, I know two people who didn't get it, one got an offer, one got rejected, seemingly no rhyme or reason, as per from LSE
Original post by -Illmatic-
I doubt that. Source?

someone posted in the UCL thread saying she has a warwick rejection and someone posted earlier on this thread saying he got a rejection yday

Latest

Trending

Trending