The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by funkydee
someone posted in the UCL thread saying she has a warwick rejection and someone posted earlier on this thread saying he got a rejection yday

for L100? giving me false hope Warwick, you're giving me false hope :puppyeyes:
Original post by member910132
Hey does anyone know how long it takes UCAS track to update after receiving the email from UCL saying you have been given an offer ? I am keen to know whether my offer is conditional or not as I am post A2 but am doing extra A level this year.

Also what would people go for, Bath with a placement year or UCL.
Thnx

Between those two, I would go for Bath.
Hey guys,

Been skimming through this thread looking for any signs of life from the warwick admissions department, and have so far seen two rejection mentions.

Was wondering if they do them all within a few days, or if it is entirely random. I got rejected from Durham along with a load of others, and then following that, my friend got an offer from them, implying they start with the rejections, then move onto deciding the offers.

I got:

8 A*s and 2 As for GCSE
AAAB for AS
A*AA prediction for A2

Taking Maths, Economics, and Geography this year.

Anyone care to put some input into what the odds are of me not getting rejected.

BTW I applied like a day before the Oxbridge deadline, so 14th October. Have had an offer from Exeter for L100 (AAA)

Thanks!
Reply 8363
Original post by jamiepango

:lolwut:
Original post by Tateco
:lolwut:

Preferred Bath to UCL on the open days. Bath is such a beautiful place (although you shouldn't base your decision on looks :tongue:) whereas the UCL buildings were old :teehee: Living in London doesn't appeal that much to me...

Obviously in terms of reputation, UCL has a greater international status.

Just call me crazy :colone:

Can I ask why ? Simply because of the placement year or other reasons ?

Also can anyone help with regards to when I can expect UCAS to show my UCL offer, I need to know what it is.

Edit: just saw your above post, you would give up UCL because you don't like London ?
(edited 12 years ago)

:lolwut: (2)

You're crazy
Original post by Jsalgado
yes i received that email, some of my friends (that have the same grades or better than mine) also applied but haven't received this email. I don't know if it's a bad or good sign :s

You mean you know people who haven't yet been rejected by LSE but didn't receive that email ? If so then I think the email is a good sign if anything.
Can I ask why ? Simply because of the placement year or other reasons ?

Also can anyone help with regards to when I can expect UCAS to show my UCL offer, I need to know what it is.

Edit, just saw your above post, but you would give up UCL because you don't like London ?

Location, placement year is appealing, Bath "felt right" on the open day. Negligible employment prospects (unless you want IB etc...)

Obviously there would have to be some sacrifices. I would, for example, live in London for LSE and if I really couldn't stand it, I'll just travel in 2nd and 3rd years anyway :biggrin:

Original post by Tomatochuckers
:lolwut: (2)

You're crazy

Shouldn't you be watching the gunners get dominated by Milan? :tongue:
Location, placement year is appealing, Bath "felt right" on the open day. Negligible employment prospects (unless you want IB etc...)

Obviously there would have to be some sacrifices. I would, for example, live in London for LSE and if I really couldn't stand it, I'll just travel in 2nd and 3rd years anyway :biggrin:

Oi piss off, we will still win the leg, mark mt words. Plus I have to do interview practice :frown:
So I'm multi-tasking

Are you saying that employment prospects are the same at Bath and UCL excluding Banks e.t.c ?
And surely you could get yourself a placement year whilst as UCL right ?

Not trying to argue with you, it is just that I have offers from both places and I haven't been to any of them so I need other peoples opinions..
Reply 8371
Preferred Bath to UCL on the open days. Bath is such a beautiful place (although you shouldn't base your decision on looks :tongue:) whereas the UCL buildings were old :teehee: Living in London doesn't appeal that much to me...

Obviously in terms of reputation, UCL has a greater international status.

Just call me crazy :colone:

LSE buildings are worse :wink:
Reply 8372

:rofl:

Oi piss off, we will still win the leg, mark mt words. Plus I have to do interview practice :frown:
So I'm multi-tasking

Ah yes, good luck for tomorrow, my advice; read up on KPMG specifically :smile:
Original post by Tateco
:rofl:

Ah yes, good luck for tomorrow, my advice; read up on KPMG specifically :smile:

What team do you support? Hey Man U aren't even in the CL so dunno what they are laughing about

And thanks man- how was your interview? Btw, would you say the questions are similar to those posted in wikijob?
Reply 8374
Original post by pkhelfried
Still waiting to hear from LSE and Warwick for straight (L100) Economics.
Had the equivalent in the European Baccalaureate (doing my last year this year) of 9A*, A, B. I did get rejections from UCL and Durham
for reasons I can't explain cause my grades were all alright....
Anyone else waiting for my last two too?

Yes, Warwick who seem to be taking their time
You can't just assume you will get an offer because your grades were 'alright' - though your grades are better than 'alright'
If your PS didn't impress them then that may be the reason, most people applying have grades around that level so something else needs to stand out
Good luck with the LSE and Warwick
Reply 8375
Original post by Tateco
Heard anything more yet? :biggrin:

Got an offer from UCL which is nice :smile:
But I don't want to stay in London so only LSE would make me reject Durham....
What about you?
Reply 8376
What team do you support? Hey Man U aren't even in the CL so dunno what they are laughing about

And thanks man- how was your interview? Btw, would you say the questions are similar to those posted in wikijob?

Milan.

Joke. I don't really, just watch games every now and then.

Err yeah reasonably similar slightly harder but along those lines. Just make sure you know your stuff about KPMG, that's where I fell down if anywhere.
Are you saying that employment prospects are the same at Bath and UCL excluding Banks e.t.c ?
And surely you could get yourself a placement year whilst as UCL right ?

Not trying to argue with you, it is just that I have offers from both places and I haven't been to any of them so I need other peoples opinions..

I'm not sure about employment prospects, but they won't differ massively. Just my opinion though, I'm sure most people in that situation would go for UCL

Original post by Tateco
LSE buildings are worse :wink:

Too true, maybe I should just decline LSE and go to Bath :colone:
Reply 8378
Original post by wit-tank
What about you?

Wow well done! :smile:

Still nothing, I want a gap year now...

Don't understand why everyone thinks there is such a big gap between UCL and LSE :confused: in my eyes they are pretty much on par :s-smilie:
Original post by wit-tank
What about you?

Finally, someone who doesn't want to live in London! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending