The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8380
Original post by jamiepango
I'm not sure about employment prospects, but they won't differ massively. Just my opinion though, I'm sure most people in that situation would go for UCL

Too true, maybe I should just decline LSE and go to Bath :colone:

Haha, I don't know whether I've been put off London a bit :s-smilie: I think I prefer nice campuses in nice cities, oh well, it's not like I have any offers to decide between :rolleyes:
Original post by Tateco
Milan.

Joke. I don't really, just watch games every now and then.

Err yeah reasonably similar slightly harder but along those lines. Just make sure you know your stuff about KPMG, that's where I fell down if anywhere.

As you don't support a club, it's never too late to start supporting the Arsenal :colone:

OK I appreciate the help, I'm so far going over the business stuff :s-smilie:
Reply 8382
Original post by Tomatochuckers
As you don't support a club, it's never too late to start supporting the Arsenal :colone:

OK I appreciate the help, I'm so far going over the business stuff :s-smilie:

I'll start supporting them when they win this game :wink: which is looking increasingly likely by the minute...

Yeah you'll be fine, it wasn't as bad as I thought :smile: tell me how it goes, London Audit?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8383
Original post by Tateco
Wow well done! :smile:

Still nothing, I want a gap year now...

Don't understand why everyone thinks there is such a big gap between UCL and LSE :confused: in my eyes they are pretty much on par :s-smilie:

I literally just got home from a public LSE lecture by Salmond- the resources and professors are just impossible to rival.
I have friends at both and it seems at UCL they're still doing the A-Level...

Oh really? The application for the thing I told you about should go up next month- I'll give you a heads up :wink:
Reply 8384
Finally, someone who doesn't want to live in London! :biggrin:

Haha, I'm bored of how OVERPRICED it is and it's not the sort of university experience I want- call me a loser but I love a good traditional college atmosphere where I can know everyone and do drama and societies etc....
Where you planning on going?
Original post by Tateco
I'll start supporting them when they win this game :wink: which is looking increasingly likely by the minute...

Yeah you'll be fine, it wasn't as bad as I thought :smile: tell me how it goes, London Audit?

I did not think it would turn out like this. :mad: We need to scrap a 3-1 here at least- get the ox on

Yh man- London audit- dunno how fine I'll be- it'll be an experience I suppose
Reply 8386
Original post by wit-tank
I literally just got home from a public LSE lecture by Salmond- the resources and professors are just impossible to rival.

Oh really? The application for the thing I told you about should go up next month- I'll give you a heads up :wink:

I hate that man, but i do see what you mean.
Reply 8387
Original post by Tateco
I hate that man, but i do see what you mean.

Hey heyyyy he may be disillusioned about what the frick he is fighting for (I'll be voting no) but he is a good politician....
Reply 8388
Hey heyyyy he may be disillusioned about what the frick he is fighting for (I'll be voting no) but he is a good politician....

Don't let him get to you :wink:
Haha, I'm bored of how OVERPRICED it is and it's not the sort of university experience I want- call me a loser but I love a good traditional college atmosphere where I can know everyone and do drama and societies etc....
Where you planning on going?

It is so overpriced it's unbelievable. £200 a week for a single room :eek:
No no, that's the sort of view that I have too!
At the moment I have offers from LSE and Bristol so it looks like LSE.
Reply 8390

A 'good politician'

What's that even meant to mean, it's like a 'good disease' - better than the plague but still nobody wants it :laugh: :colone:
Original post by JuKaMy
A 'good politician'

What's that even meant to mean, it's like a 'good disease' - better than the plague but still nobody wants it :laugh: :colone:

:ahee:
Reply 8392
Original post by JuKaMy
A 'good politician'

:laugh:
Reply 8393

Ha I rent a flat with my own double bed walk in wardrobe and TV and kitchen for 150/w in London at the moment.
Halls seem like a rip off.
Well done on LSE- definitely a must over Bristol despite all the cons of London.
Reply 8394
Original post by JuKaMy
A 'good politician'

Hahahahha
I mean despite what he's arguing he is convincing and amicable and a good negotiator- perfect level between aggressive and interested etc.

But yes- basically better line of work than a doctor in the times of the bubonic plague :L
Original post by member910132
Are you saying that employment prospects are the same at Bath and UCL excluding Banks e.t.c ?
And surely you could get yourself a placement year whilst as UCL right ?

Not trying to argue with you, it is just that I have offers from both places and I haven't been to any of them so I need other peoples opinions..

UCL economics degree is like top 20 in the world, why does the placement have that big of an influence. You can get plenty of work experience with a UCL degree seeing as your only at uni for 30 weeks long.

Seriously has to be UCL hands down, definitely the more respected degree

UCLs econ degree is the next best thing after Cambridge and LSE in the UK

Roseberry and Carr-Saunders are much cheaper than that, what accom you looking at?
Reply 8397
Original post by funkydee
UCL economics degree is like top 20 in the world, why does the placement have that big of an influence. You can get plenty of work experience with a UCL degree seeing as your only at uni for 30 weeks long.

Seriously has to be UCL hands down, definitely the more respected degree

UCLs econ degree is the next best thing after Cambridge and LSE in the UK

This is my thinking as well.
(edited 12 years ago)

Hey has UCL updated your UCAS track ?

What do you mean by that comment ?
Original post by funkydee
Roseberry and Carr-Saunders are much cheaper than that, what accom you looking at?

I really want self-catering, but there's only 2 that offer it IIRC :s-smilie: I think this was for Holborn...

Latest

Trending

Trending