The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jonobebe
huh so u applied for accomodation without firming? seems kinda funny to me but not trying to be offensive to u..

but i must say manchester is very quick at updating u... which is good! i havent got anything from my uni til now though... dont know if i should email and ask them about it...

Manchester allows you to apply for accommodation once they offer you a place. They will only give the accommodation results in August.
Just email your uni and ask?
Reply 2941
Original post by iamlovinit05
Manchester allows you to apply for accommodation once they offer you a place. They will only give the accommodation results in August.
Just email your uni and ask?

oic.. u chose ensuite right? how's the price like?
Sheffield or Southampton Anyone? Or maybe even Liverpool / Leicester
oic.. u chose ensuite right? how's the price like?

Nope. Dont wanna pay so much more for ensuite.
Mine's basic room, catered. Bout 120 pounds a week. Basin in room included.
Reply 2944

how many meals catered? served in canteen?
just the basin right? common toilet outside room?
how many meals catered? served in canteen?
just the basin right? common toilet outside room?

10 meals a week. 5 breakfasts and 5 dinners weekdays only. Yea, basin only.
How about you?
Reply 2946
10 meals a week. 5 breakfasts and 5 dinners weekdays only. Yea, basin only.
How about you?

oh that's quite a good deal... basically saves up on your groceries buying trips too.

i couldn't get much info from the uni website. somemore i wont be studying in main campus. so just have to wait for their email update. :frown:

That's such an awesome deal! I wish I had that at mine.... mine's all self-catered :s-smilie:
oh that's quite a good deal... basically saves up on your groceries buying trips too.

i couldn't get much info from the uni website. somemore i wont be studying in main campus. so just have to wait for their email update. :frown:

Original post by ofssinfoxes
That's such an awesome deal! I wish I had that at mine.... mine's all self-catered :s-smilie:

Are you guys going to unis outside of London? I heard the accommodation is much cheaper. The one I'm eye-ing is self-catered at 147 pounds a week! D:
hi anyone going to University of Bath??
Reply 2950
Original post by Cristocracy
Sheffield or Southampton Anyone? Or maybe even Liverpool / Leicester

Which course did you apply for? I'm having that dilemma between Sheffield and Southampton. I've got an offer from Sheffield but still waiting for Southampton. Anyone going Bristol too?

Mine's manchester that's why. London's obviously more expensive!
Reply 2952
Original post by whitelily29
Are you guys going to unis outside of London? I heard the accommodation is much cheaper. The one I'm eye-ing is self-catered at 147 pounds a week! D:

Mine's manchester that's why. London's obviously more expensive!

whitelily29, me going scotland. its not cheaper lor..

i checked my uni, the hostel is spanking new, opening this year i think.. the price is also first-hand. self catered with a toilet. small room 125 per week, medium rm 135 and studio apartment 140. so iamlovinit05 is really getting a good deal in comparison to mine!!
whitelily29, me going scotland. its not cheaper lor..

i checked my uni, the hostel is spanking new, opening this year i think.. the price is also first-hand. self catered with a toilet. small room 125 per week, medium rm 135 and studio apartment 140. so iamlovinit05 is really getting a good deal in comparison to mine!!

Haha yea it's pretty cheap no doubt. but at leas you have a toilet. the only "benefit" i get is 10 meals a week, which isn't too good it seems.
Reply 2954
Haha yea it's pretty cheap no doubt. but at leas you have a toilet. the only "benefit" i get is 10 meals a week, which isn't too good it seems.

ya i knew u would say that HAHA!!! i think when u are busy, the 10 meals really saves your time off the whole process of buying and preparing food. this is especially crucial for me when i am going to be studying away from the main campus, with the only bus that arrives per hour to town, twice a day shuttle to main campus and once a day bus to other cities. i am starting to imagine if i am going to be studying on a mountain top...
Original post by whitelily29

Yeah... that sounds like London. Mine's self-catered en-suite at 134 pounds a week. The place is 10 years old though :s-smilie:
Where are you going, btw?
ya i knew u would say that HAHA!!! i think when u are busy, the 10 meals really saves your time off the whole process of buying and preparing food. this is especially crucial for me when i am going to be studying away from the main campus, with the only bus that arrives per hour to town, twice a day shuttle to main campus and once a day bus to other cities. i am starting to imagine if i am going to be studying on a mountain top...

Haha i see. But scotland's a nice place. Enjoy the time there!
Are you in NS now?
Reply 2957
Haha i see. But scotland's a nice place. Enjoy the time there!
Are you in NS now?

i'm in gap year now. u?
i'm in gap year now. u?

Ording in June. 3 months more till this crap ends. Can't wait!
Reply 2959
Ording in June. 3 months more till this crap ends. Can't wait!

oic, congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending