The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Oh right, so I guess you didn't apply for the insight academy? Because when I tried applying for both I was told that I couldn't. And also, why would there be an AC for partner shadowing? There wasn't one for the insight academy, just a telephone interview...

:no: Nope didn't apply for insight academy. Did you get offered a place on one?

Partner shadowing is a paid placement, where you shadow a partners or director for one week.
Reply 4621
Anyone here been invited to the GS Insight Day having been rejected from the SW? And at what stage in your application were you rejected and invited to this?...
Reply 4622
Rejection IBD GS.

10 applications, 9 rejections, 1 open (UBS) xD lol damnit
Reply 4623
Original post by Salvius
Anyone here been invited to the GS Insight Day having been rejected from the SW? And at what stage in your application were you rejected and invited to this?...

I think people who have been rejected post interview are invited to this, from what I've seen on here anyway...
Original post by natty_d
:no: Nope didn't apply for insight academy. Did you get offered a place on one?

Partner shadowing is a paid placement, where you shadow a partners or director for one week.

Yeah I did. Getting paid to shadow someone....lol :biggrin: Fair play
Original post by blueladybird
got a hsbc offer and cs, which one? they clash :frown:

I'd say HSBC - they IBD has been really up and coming lately and the conversion rate is higher for the summer internships and then graduate positions
Original post by jevira
Rejection IBD GS.

Sorry to hear that. I got a call from Goldman HR earlier today and their Spring Week I full. The lady told me they have only given out 40 positions across all divisions and that this year has been particularly competitive.
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Yeah I did.

April programme? I'll be there if so.
I got an invite to GS insight day with my rejection email. I didn't have an interview though.
Is anyone else doing barcap week here?
Original post by jevira
Rejection IBD GS.

how's that possible?

im waiting for an answer from like 10 more... did you apply for CITI? BarCap?
Reply 4631
Original post by Michael XYZ
Anyone else had ICAP AC?

Seemed quite rushed/unplanned really.

Why what did it consist of other than shl and interview?? Is ICAP really very tough?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gangst
Why what did it consist of other than shl and interview?? Is ICAP really very tough?

1. Numerical test that you get like 30 seconds per question and it's in the form of a video you watch. I am certain I got like 2/15 or something on that. Honestly, just wasn't in the right mindset. I have an offer (luckily!) and ICAP was more of a "back-up" anyway because I want to get into trader more than anything.

It is kinda difficult though. At times it's quite vague in what kind of information you are given.

2. Group exercise was okay. It was only 8 of us so we were split into groups of 4. It's odd - I went to BarCap AC and they had like 30 people.

3. Interview was a joke. 1 person interviewing so if you were last you were out of luck having to wait like an hour or more for nothing. It was only 5 minutes to be fair. Just went through CV and that's it. Didn't even REALLY ask me a question if I recall correctly - just wanted me to talk a little bit about stuff on my CV.

I didn't really like the feel of it. 8 people, 1 interviewer, no food or drinks or anything. It just seemed a bit small-scale when ICAP is massive.
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
April programme? I'll be there if so.

Nah I didn't choose that one because I'm hoping for a KPMG spring internship offer (had the interview today in fact)
Reply 4634
Who accepted BaMl offer? Maybe we could create a facebook page or sth!
Original post by jerem026

im up for it
Original post by jerem026

Accepted a Tech offer, up for it too
Reply 4637
Original post by dariusbw5
Sorry to hear that. I got a call from Goldman HR earlier today and their Spring Week I full. The lady told me they have only given out 40 positions across all divisions and that this year has been particularly competitive.

Interesting! Yeah they wrote it in their email too that this year it was very competitive.

Original post by milanftw
how's that possible?

im waiting for an answer from like 10 more... did you apply for CITI? BarCap?

I just picked the "best" banks. Didn't apply for Citi or BarCap.

Well I'm quite happy with the other, proper internships I've got :smile:. At least all the effort wasn't for nothing.
Original post by jevira
Rejection IBD GS.

yup, pretty much the same here...12 aps, 11 rejections, and UBS is my only hope, but i think its too late to expect anything now :rolleyes:

I feel so dumb :colondollar:
Reply 4639
Original post by viksta1000
yup, pretty much the same here...12 aps, 11 rejections, and UBS is my only hope, but i think its too late to expect anything now :rolleyes:

I feel so dumb :colondollar:

Yea, I think also that UBS will reject us... If they wouldn't, they would've called us earlier to let us know whether or not we did make it to interview stage. Kaboom.

Success: 0% :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending