The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taurus
wowza, did you go without sunlight during A levels? :wink:

Erm, I would say that I drowned myself in textbooks for phy chem and econ, m and fm was just past papers. I would memorize the textbooks in the car on the way to school, during lunch, during lessons and in my free time.
Reply 8481
Original post by member910132
Erm, I would say that I drowned myself in textbooks for phy chem and econ, m and fm was just past papers. I would memorize the textbooks in the car on the way to school, during lunch, during lessons and in my free time.

Revising for m and fm is so much less stressful that subjects where you have to memorise the book
Reply 8482

Did you apply last year too? And where have you got offers from so far?
Original post by Az_016
Did you apply last year too? And where have you got offers from so far?

5 rejections last year from the top 5,
This year I have offers from bath and UCL, was pooled and fished at Camb and then rejected, yet to hear from LSE and Warwick.

Machine- it was worth it though :tongue:
Reply 8485
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Why do you give a ****. You have a UCL offer, if they ask you to go to the open day, go to it.

Did I say I wasn't. This person was just asking me about the offer and the open day, so I was only discussing this topic with them?
Original post by Taurus
Did I say I wasn't. This person was just asking me about the offer and the open day, so I was only discussing this topic with them?

Quoted the wrong person, sorry! :colondollar:
Did you get it today ? Has your UCAS track updated ? What was the offer ?

I got an email saying that I was made an offer on the 15th of Feb and that my attendance to the open day is completely optional and in no way affects my offer, so does that mean that UCL sees you as a stronger applicant because they want to "persuade" you on the open day ?

Also, why do you give a ****. You have a UCL offer. You can email them about the open day, but I wouldn't ask for the reason if I were you
Reply 8488
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Quoted the wrong person, sorry! :colondollar:

Good thing I didn't bring out a couple of *s :wink:
Original post by Taurus
Revising for m and fm is so much less stressful that subjects where you have to memorise the book

I disagree. I read a page and turn over, and then if someone were to ask me what I'd just read I'll be...

...0_0

Whereas in maths, once you've finished learning it, you can burn your books and use them to keep yourself warm the night before your exam doing past papers :h:
Original post by roseroserose.
A compliment.

:colonhash:
offer from bath for econ, a*aa (also as i saw someone asking earlier, i do not do further maths!)

:biggrin:
Reply 8492
Original post by emily_becca
offer from bath for econ, a*aa (also as i saw someone asking earlier, i do not do further maths!)

:biggrin:

Well done! is this going to be your firm?
Original post by JuKaMy
Well done! is this going to be your firm?

depends on whether i get UCL or not, UCL is my all time dream uni haha, however its unlikely with me not doing FM
Reply 8494
Original post by emily_becca
depends on whether i get UCL or not, UCL is my all time dream uni haha, however its unlikely with me not doing FM

You never know, I think i saw some UCL offers this week of just A*AA, so no FM in the offer though they may have still taken it, but that's if i remember correctly.
(and ofcourse everyone's free to correct me on that if they know different)
Reply 8495
Original post by jamiepango
Bath offer! :dance:

Offer from Bath sandwich as well! :biggrin:
Reply 8496
Original post by Tateco

Congrats bro. xD
Reply 8497
Anyone firming bath? (or likely to)?
Original post by Tateco