The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6860
Original post by wizard710
Not very. Both are very good phones. And in the end the GN has a larger screen so 50 - 60 fps on the GN is a far superior output to 50 - 60 fps on the 480x800 SII

Not only larger but 720p, much more demanding to get the same performance.

What do people think of the new Galaxy Tab?

Here is a preview.
Original post by tface
Not only larger but 720p, much more demanding to get the same performance.

What do people think of the new Galaxy Tab?

Here is a preview.

It's such a minor upgrade, should it even be considered an upgrade?

I have my Touchpad lying about. I really can't find a use for a tablet. Initially I used it as a coffee table internet browser but my phone is quicker at that and more convenient. I now only really use it as a mini telly/media device in my room. It's useless for notes and taking to uni. It's fairly redundant and I wouldn't bother with one again. It looks nice and it's great to have that extra real estate, but it falls in to that gap that is neither a computer nor a smartphone and hasn't quite found it's place IMO.
Original post by silent ninja
It's such a minor upgrade, should it even be considered an upgrade?

I have my Touchpad lying about. I really can't find a use for a tablet. Initially I used it as a coffee table internet browser but my phone is quicker at that and more convenient. I now only really use it as a mini telly/media device in my room. It's useless for notes and taking to uni. It's fairly redundant and I wouldn't bother with one again. It looks nice and it's great to have that extra real estate, but it falls in to that gap that is neither a computer nor a smartphone and hasn't quite found it's place IMO.

I use a mini bluetooth keyboard with my touchpad when taking notes, find it fine.

I've used this and it was alright:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dexetra.iris

Only had a play with it, wouldn't ever use it or siri for real.
Sky Go coming next week but only to Samsung and HTC devices. I can see myself using it; i hope the streaming quality is good. Sky are also going to have iPlayer on their boxes and have announced opening up Anytime+ to all broadband services. They're feeling threatened I think by the likes of Virgin and Netflix. They are still well over priced though.

http://m.techradar.com/news/internet/sky-go-for-android-uk-release-date-22-february-1063534
(edited 12 years ago)
Sky Go coming next week but only to Samsung and HTC devices. I can see myself using it; i hope the streaming quality is good. Sky are also going to have iPlayer on their boxes and have announced opening up Anytime+ to all broadband services. They're feeling threatened I think by the likes of Virgin and Netflix. They are still well over priced though.

http://m.techradar.com/news/internet/sky-go-for-android-uk-release-date-22-february-1063534

I don't know if I will use it or not. I'd like to, but the two device limit means I'll either have to lose my Xbox or deny my mate free sky... and they ain't too bad if you can blag a good deal...:awesome:
Original post by mikeyd85
I don't know if I will use it or not. I'd like to, but the two device limit means I'll either have to lose my Xbox or deny my mate free sky... and they ain't too bad if you can blag a good deal...:awesome:

So does that mean you can only register two devices or that streaming is limited to two devices at once? I've got Netflix on several devices but streaming is limited to two devices simultaneously.

I wish the PS3 had Sky Go.
Original post by G8D
Phone won't connect to wifi:frown:

San Fran?
Original post by G8D
Yuh.

Was working fine until yesterday and it's totally stopped connecting. "Authenticating" or "Obtaining IP" then to Disconnected :sad:

I've fixed permissions and reinstalled the ROM (without wipe), no avail.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=34978136&postcount=7646

Don't put in those values exactly though, just restate the ones that are already in there... SSID,PW,Security..

Should work with normal networks too... if not, more restarts... mine went funny for a few days, but now it's as good as ever..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by G8D
I'm trying to connect to my home network though. This isn't an eduroam thing.

Yeah, it happens on normal networks too... just reset the values that are already there and restart a few times.
Original post by G8D
Ah yes, thanks and sorry :colondollar:

It's fine, Android and CyanogenMod are communities! :smile:
when will ice cream sandwich be released for the sensation?
Reply 6872
Original post by craig_huggins
when will ice cream sandwich be released for the sensation?

End of March.

I am right to believe for the SGS2 it will be beginning of March?
Already a CM based build of ICS with Cornerstone integrated out for the Touchpad and the Nook.
Original post by G8D
Anygood?

No idea, not used it, I'm still using gingerbread until there is a tweak to get the status/menu bar at the top instead of the bottom.
Original post by G8D
Why would you want that? Would it not be really awkward to use then?

No, I find it unusable at the bottom. I only use my touchpad in bed or at a desk, which means I hold it at the top to support it, so having the buttons and notifications at the top is way easier. If I have to let go of the top to touch buttons at the bottom then it will fall over.
So does that mean you can only register two devices or that streaming is limited to two devices at once? I've got Netflix on several devices but streaming is limited to two devices simultaneously.

I wish the PS3 had Sky Go.

Only have two devices registered at the same time. Can only change that once per month. :facepalm: Used to be different - you could change at will, which was great if a mate came over and you wanted to watch something as a one off...

Surpised Ps3 doesn't have it - until now, I'd have said it's by far the best media device of all the consoles.
Reply 6879
Original post by mikeyd85
Only have two devices registered at the same time. Can only change that once per month. :facepalm: Used to be different - you could change at will, which was great if a mate came over and you wanted to watch something as a one off...

Surpised Ps3 doesn't have it - until now, I'd have said it's by far the best media device of all the consoles.

To be fair, if they let you change at will that is practically the same as allowing unlimited devices (is this a bad thing?), a month seems extreme.

Latest

Trending

Trending