The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2780
Liked that new FMA film.:smile: Nicely animated and started off really well. But towards the end it just felt rushed and a bit daft.:erm: Was more bloody than I thought it would be.:giggle:

Also watched the first ep of Ginatma. Id never seen it before but Ive been wanting to take a look at it for quite some time. Was pretty entertaining.:giggle: I particularly liked the references to jump manga. :smile:

Mirai Nikki continues to keep me interested. Though its been more light hearted recently ..for mirai nikki atleast. It still has its scary moments, but they seem less frequent. Not necessarily a bad thing though.. that last ep was hilarious.:mmm: And yuki even had a brief moment of badassery. :smile:

Facticity
stuff

some spoiler tags for the mirai nikki bit might be a good idea:erm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2781
Original post by Facticity
Aha, I didn't even intend to write so much, I just felt like giving my thoughts on a few shows and it turned into a long post about most (not quite all) of my current watching. Since I'm not currently blogging due to RL busyness, TSR is the next place for short commentaries on what I'm watching. I'm glad you enjoyed it :redface:

Yeah, that's mainly what I use TSR and specifically this thread for: to address my thoughts on what I'm watching. However, like you, I've been rather busy lately, hence my slight decline in activity on here. I'm even finding it difficult to watch anime during the workweek, tending to marathon everything in one sitting on a Sunday instead. :smile:

But yeah, I agree that Zero no Tsukaima F is oddly watchable despite how inane it is. I'm sad to admit that I can quite happily watch the next episode of something like this after work over Another, an infinitely superior show. I suppose it's easier on the mind. :giggle:

Original post by Aiko
Yeah, that's mainly what I use TSR and specifically this thread for: to address my thoughts on what I'm watching. However, like you, I've been rather busy lately, hence my slight decline in activity on here. I'm even finding it difficult to watch anime during the workweek, tending to marathon everything in one sitting on a Sunday instead. :smile:

Again, this is what is happening with me as well. Today alone I have watched about 7 episodes of anime because I've been so busy. Luckily i'm only working a few days this week so I should be okay.

But yeah, I agree that Zero no Tsukaima F is oddly watchable despite how inane it is. I'm sad to admit that I can quite happily watch the next episode of something like this after work over Another, an infinitely superior show. I suppose it's easier on the mind. :giggle:

I know what you mean, it really is embarassing. I love Another and could praise it in length, but at the same time, you have to be in the right mood for it. Whereas a show as devoid of purpose as Zero no Tsukaima F, seems to work in any mood :tongue:
Currently airing shows I'd personally rate highest at the moment: Mirai Nikki, Chihayafuru, Last Exile.

Series I feel the urge to watch the moment they come out: Hunter x Hunter, Bakuman, Toriko.

While I'm not watching Zero no Tsukaima F, it seems I have a similar tendency towards simple (or maybe just shonen :p:) series over the ones I like most. I can watch them in any mood. :giggle:
Reply 2784
This may be a slightly silly question, but are there any anime shows out there that are western in nature. As in old west, not the west. I've been watching various westerns recently, and something heavily inspired by westerns might help me get back into the groove.

I've already seen Cowboy bebop and trigun, both of which I think might have been popular answers
ooh latest ep of Ano Natsu getting hot and steamy at the end :wink: thought it was gona be one of those dull beach eps but it was pretty good, am quite enjoying this show :yes:
Original post by Truered
This may be a slightly silly question, but are there any anime shows out there that are western in nature. As in old west, not the west. I've been watching various westerns recently, and something heavily inspired by westerns might help me get back into the groove.

I've already seen Cowboy bebop and trigun, both of which I think might have been popular answers

Gun Frontier strikes me as far more Western themed than the above, but if bounty hunters in space is good enough, there's always Coyote Ragtime Show as well. :yes: Maybe even El Cazador? :smile:
Reply 2787
Original post by Facticity
Again, this is what is happening with me as well. Today alone I have watched about 7 episodes of anime because I've been so busy. Luckily i'm only working a few days this week so I should be okay.

I can only catch a couple of episodes at most during the week, if that. However, I can average around 10 to 20 episodes on a weekend, especially Sunday. :tongue:

I know what you mean, it really is embarassing. I love Another and could praise it in length, but at the same time, you have to be in the right mood for it. Whereas a show as devoid of purpose as Zero no Tsukaima F, seems to work in any mood :tongue:

Yes, precisely. There's quite a few this season that serve this purpose for me, namely Highschool DxD, Ano Natsu de Matteru and Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!, the latter two of which are actually pretty good, in my opinion, so something that is easy to watch does not necessarily have to be "devoid of purpose" as you put it. :tongue:
Man, it's been a while since I posted here. I have actually been keeping up-to-date with posts, but I've been reading manga for the last 9 or so months instead of watching anime (apart from Natsumé series 3, which was excellent btw).

There's probably too many for me talk about in a post, so I'll post my A-P link and if anybody wants to know what a certain manga I've read is like, I'll gladly answer :smile:

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Despite all my rage the first time I heard it, the new Mirai Nikki OP has really grown on me. I guess it was more to do with the fact I liked the first one so much than anything else. :p:
Can anyone recommend me any shows similar to Naruto, Bleach and Death Note?
I must admit, I was completely wrong about PapaKiki. I'm glad I swallowed my first impressions and kept on because its actually becoming increasingly endearing and a pleasure to watch. Well, apart from the weird loli stalker guy, but that is more comic relief than anything - the drawing scenes in the last few episodes were hilarious.

Its calming down with the random and needless fan service, characters are starting to be fleshed out and whilst it isn't a huge web of a story, it has a solid base for a story and I'm interested in seeing how it goes. Also, I love the ED - not a surprise as it is Yui Horie.
Original post by funkydee
Can anyone recommend me any shows similar to Naruto, Bleach and Death Note?

*In no particular order*

Like Naruto & Bleach: One Piece, Katekyou Hitman Reborn, Gantz, Beelzebub, Fairy Tail, D.Gray-Man, Claymore (very dark), Soul Eater, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. All are current, long-running, pop-shonen/seinen.

Like Death Note: Kaiji, Liar Game (manga), Mirai Nikki (kind of - recommend the manga but anime is good), Steins;Gate, Code Geass.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2793
Watched that first double ep of Aquarion Evol. Very nicely animated.. and really quite entertaining.:mmm:
Reply 2794
Original post by vin
Watched that first double ep of Aquarion Evol. Very nicely animated.. and really quite entertaining.:mmm:

For when you catch up. Nothing major, but easily one of my favourite scenes so far:

Spoiler

I'm watching so many more shows this season than I have before. Normally, I'll stick to 3-4 shows per season, if that and then pick others up after they've finished so I can watch the thing in a binge.

Currently grinding through: Amagami SS+, Another, Aquarion, Black Rock Shooter, Kill My Baby, PapaIki, Mouretsu Pirates and Smile Precure, as well as continuing with Guilty Crown (as predictable and enjoyable as ever; for the most part, it's my still guilty pleasure).

Might pick up Daily Lives of Highschool Boys as well.

Winter WonFes 2012 was last week and I've got so much on my list of merch to buy, it's unreal.

Original post by QHF
Deep in your heart you know this is the best new anime this season.

This is a man of good taste. Though I still need to finish HeartCatch, which has been in my backlog for a good year and a half.

Picked Smile up as soon as I saw this:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2795
Just got round to watching the second ep of Another after a long while... but then it hit me that damned Ali Project OP.:indiff:

Make it stop!:bawling:
Reply 2796
Original post by vin
Just got round to watching the second ep of Another after a long while... but then it hit me that damned Ali Project OP.:indiff:

Make it stop!:bawling:

Most horrific part of that whole series is the OP.......rest of it is so boring and pedestrian.
Reply 2797
Original post by caraniel
Most horrific part of that whole series is the OP.......rest of it is so boring and pedestrian.

But worth watching for this:

Spoiler

I just realised that the second op of Mirai Nikki is sang entirely in english :headfire:

Original post by Tabris
But worth watching for this:

Spoiler

I loved that scene, I had an idea it was a dream or a thought of some sort but I really wanted to believe that they were actually doing this for the lulz. :lol:
Reply 2799
Original post by Tabris
Though I still need to finish HeartCatch, which has been in my backlog for a good year and a half.

Picked Smile up as soon as I saw this:

I'm not quite sure how 'she's a magical girl who sets herself on fire while transforming' got past whoever at Toei is in charge of checking that their stuff is appropriate for kids, but I'm glad it did.

Latest