Scroll to see replies

Reply 8560
Original post by Tomatochuckers
I never seemed to be able to get into his music, good artist though

ni**a I'm too fat
I **** around and catch a asthma attack

I can especially relate with the above lines :colonhash:

Sounds like something Rick Ross would say aswell :tongue:

Above all, I'm glad you haven't put Lil'Wayne there, that guy can get irritating at times!
Reply 8561
Original post by Tateco
Nice, it's literally choosing the one that fits you best, they're the same on all other levels! :smile:

Yeah, Bath's got amazing sports facilities and I love playing football, but Bristol's DJ society looks really good aswell.. Stuck between the two :tongue:
Original post by tooambitious
assumption, based on nothing except they only take 20 people, i thought great universities (that arent Oxbridge) only give like twice/three times the number of places?

But they themselves say that the intake for the 5 courses (Econ, Econ + year abroad, Econ + Geog, Econ + stats, Econ + phil) is over 200. So how can you say their intake for econ is 20 ?
Reply 8563
Original post by member910132
But they themselves say that the intake for the 5 courses (Econ, Econ + year abroad, Econ + Geog, Econ + stats, Econ + phil) is over 200. So how can you say their intake for econ is 20 ?

She was talking about the year abroad only, which does have a maximum intake of around 20...
Original post by member910132

thats the number ive seen on here for L101 on quite a few occasions, so assumed that people who were actually applying there would have got this info from somewhere, so didnt bother to question
Original post by Hemzo
Sounds like something Rick Ross would say aswell :tongue:

Above all, I'm glad you haven't put Lil'Wayne there, that guy can get irritating at times!

Lil Wayne, along with 50 cent, Gucci Mane, and some others are mainly responsible for giving Hip-hop an image and reputation which stinks.

My respect for him is limited.
Reply 8566
Lil Wayne, along with 50 cent, Gucci Mane, and some others are mainly responsible for giving Hip-hop an image and reputation which stinks.

My respect for him is limited.

Couldn't have agreed more. I'm not the most diehard fan of Hip-Hop, but I show appreciation where it's due.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8567
Original post by tooambitious
thats the number ive seen on here for L101 on quite a few occasions, so assumed that people who were actually applying there would have got this info from somewhere, so didnt bother to question

(they think you're talking about all economics places not just L101)
Original post by Tateco
(they think you're talking about all economics places not just L101)

oh, right that explains it, thanks for the heads up!
Original post by crazycake93
NLCS?

HBS
Original post by Tateco
The teaching is much better at Oxbridge.

Fair enough. I've never included Oxford in the equation when it came to Economics. A handful of universities give you much better preparation for 'life as an economist', that's how I feel anyways.

For Economics, I don't think it's all about Oxbridge.
So... Just got back from beautiful England. Were any of you guys at the Warwick Open Day last Wednesday? I found it quite interesting. The Micro professor was very funny. The facilities there (sports and others) are amazing as well. But Coventry really is not that pretty :tongue: And I accidentally passed by LSE when me and my girlfriend were running to a tube station in London. Damn, the location is perfect. I was tempted to just walk in there and demand a decision finally :biggrin:
Original post by nightmare91
S But Coventry really is not that pretty :tongue:

You're being nice- Coventry is a ****hole

Though needless to say, the university and course are very good.
Reply 8573
So... Just got back from beautiful England. Were any of you guys at the Warwick Open Day last Wednesday? I found it quite interesting. The Micro professor was very funny. The facilities there (sports and others) are amazing as well. But Coventry really is not that pretty :tongue: And I accidentally passed by LSE when me and my girlfriend were running to a tube station in London. Damn, the location is perfect. I was tempted to just walk in there and demand a decision finally :biggrin:

Was Warwick awful then? :tongue:

Can't believe how long all the universities are taking! :eek:
Reply 8574
Original post by Tateco
Ooh how will you decide if it does come to that?

E&M is a great course! My best friend does it.
But you do realise it's harder to get accepted than Econ at Cambridge (statistically). It's got the lowest acceptance rate out of any course at Oxford...
So if you preferred Econ at Camb you might as well have a second crack (who knows by next year Oxford may want UMS)...
Reply 8575
Original post by wit-tank
E&M is a great course! My best friend does it.
But you do realise it's harder to get accepted than Econ at Cambridge (statistically). It's got the lowest acceptance rate out of any course at Oxford...
So if you preferred Econ at Camb you might as well have a second crack (who knows by next year Oxford may want UMS)...

Yeah I'll just wait and see. And although Oxford has more applicants I don't think the quality will be as high.
Reply 8576

You should of checked out Leamington Spa! It's a really nice place from what a lot of Warwick students have said, but how did you find the university? I've got family in Coventry and I know how bad it is there :tongue:
Oh guys, who went to Warwick Eco open day?

Thoughts?
You're being nice- Coventry is a ****hole

Though needless to say, the university and course are very good.

Original post by Tateco
Was Warwick awful then? :tongue:

Can't believe how long all the universities are taking! :eek:

Original post by Hemzo
You should of checked out Leamington Spa! It's a really nice place from what a lot of Warwick students have said, but how did you find the university? I've got family in Coventry and I know how bad it is there :tongue:

The university is indeed great. The people were also really nice. Lots of Oxbridge rejects :biggrin: There was also a third year student we were allowed to ask questions. It was a bit weird though because when someone asked him what he liked most about Warwick he answered that employers really like the Warwick brand name. To be fair, he was just being honest but is that the only good thing about Warwick? :tongue:

I am definetely firming it if LSE rejects me. But for my second year I'd definetely choose to live in Leamington Spa. Conventry looks too depressing tbh :tongue: The funny thing is when I was on the train from Reading to Conventry they announced that they might not stop in Coventry since there was a problem on the railways between Birmingham and Coventry. Later my girlfriend and I were joking whether a Warwick student decided to end his life because he just couldn't bear this beautiful town anymore :biggrin:

Yes, I it's not really fair. Most people I know have gotten their decisions ages ago and have already put down firm and insurance! :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)

Have you visited any other universities in the UK which you can compare it to? I guess it's not always about the location, and like you said, you can always live closer to more "livelier" parts of the city :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending