The Student Room Group

Girls, do you shave your arms? Guys, do you like girls' arms hairy or hair-free?

Poll

Do you shave your arms/prefer hair-free arms?

Simple as, really. I have quite dark hair on my arms which I don't really like and I once considered shaving it off, but a girl I knew did that and when it grew again it was all stubbly. I just can't be bothered with that kind of maintenance. It's already an effort to shave my legs.

So, girls do you shave your arms?

Guys, do you prefer girls with hair-free arms or do you like a little bit of fuzz?

[EDIT]
Please note that I mean ARM HAIR, not ARM-PIT HAIR.

Because it has been requested, here are photos of my arm hair...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/1006669.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/1006670h.jpg/

[EDIT]

I seem to have made a lot of you unnecessarily self-conscious... sorry about that...

[EDIT] Apparently my arms look like they belong to a man. Thanks guys. Thanks for that.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hair-free, for sure. Why not just wax or get hair removal cream?
everyone has some degree of hair on their arms.....

give us a pic so we can see what you mean by "hair on arms"
Yes :smile:
I immediately assumed this was about armpits and questioned why this was even being asked.

So long as you don't have hairy gorilla arms, it's fine.
Reply 5
I got light skin and blonde hair but I still choose to remove the hair from my arms. Either hair removal cream, epilating or trimming. My hair has never been stubbly, still baby soft.

When I see girls with dark hairs on their arms, I also think they should remove them..but in the end it's up to you what you want to do.
It has honestly never crossed my mind to shave my arm hair :|
Reply 7
Original post by parasitic
I got light skin and blonde hair but I still choose to remove the hair from my arms. Either hair removal cream, epilating or trimming. My hair has never been stubbly, still baby soft.

When I see girls with dark hairs on their arms, I also think they should remove them..but in the end it's up to you what you want to do.

Why would you do this??
I mean, I can mildly understand with dark hair, but this is beyond me...

Original post by physicsfuntimes
It has honestly never crossed my mind to shave my arm hair :|

100% with you on this one, unless you look like a gorilla surely it is just unnecessary :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
No, way too much effort. My arm hair is pretty unnoticeable, but I still wouldn't bother shaving unless it was abnormally dark and thick.
Reply 9
Shaving my arms has never even crossed my mind until I saw this... I have dark hair but the hair on my arms is very thin and there isn't a lot of it at all. Is this a common thing??
Reply 10
Asian = noticeable dark hair = unsightly = veet time :frown:

Just did mine yesterday, :sogood: so smooth, I could stroke my arms forever.
Reply 11
I don't shave any part of myself. Can't be bothered/it's winter, I need the warming fur/I'm beautiful how I am/etc..
Original post by inadilemma
Simple as, really. I have quite dark hair on my arms which I don't really like and I once considered shaving it off, but a girl I knew did that and when it grew again it was all stubbly. I just can't be bothered with that kind of maintenance. It's already an effort to shave my legs.

So, girls do you shave your arms?

Guys, do you prefer girls with hair-free arms or do you like a little bit of fuzz?

As long as you make sure you sort out your moustache, its not a big deal
Arms like Robin Williams of course:

Reply 14
I did once when I was in school, because all the girls were doing it. Kind of regret it now, cause it came back darker, but I honestly don't care how hairy my arms are anymore :smile: (it's not really really dark, just a tiny bit darker)
I don't think I'll ever shave them again, 'cause I don't really see the point, and it'll take far too much effort :tongue: and I like my arms, even if they are hairy :smile:
I have hair on my arms, it's really fine and light but now I'm slightly self conscious. :unsure:
Reply 16
Oh my god if you have dark hair please shave.
Yep, ever since I overheard two guys discussing/making fun of my arm hair when I was thirteen... didn't even realise they were that hairy :')
Oops, thought this was talking about armpits, so i voted yes on the poll lol.

But no, I don't shave my arm hair. I think that is pointless. Some of my friends do and it always grows back stubbly and it feels so disgusting to brush up against their arms...
Original post by redferry
Why would you do this??
I mean, I can mildly understand with dark hair, but this is beyond me...

Because I have long blonde hair which I find unattractive. To others it might be no big deal, but to me it is. I feel more confident bearing my hairless arms :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending