The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
Well done :biggrin: you firming Bristol?

Planning to, so as long as I like it when I go to the open day on Wednesday. Also got to visit Edinburgh first as well, don't want to make any rash decisions (might not like the cold or something :biggrin: ).

Are you taking a gap year?
Original post by thegenius31416
Offer from Edinburgh! AAB so good insurance. Happy :smile:

Well done man!
Reply 8602
Planning to, so as long as I like it when I go to the open day on Wednesday. Also got to visit Edinburgh first as well, don't want to make any rash decisions (might not like the cold or something :biggrin: ).

Nice, you won't go wrong with either of them.

Yeah, hopefully :smile:
Reply 8603
AAB offer from Edinburgh! Hugely surprised as I thought it was going to be AAA, so a great insurance :smile: That completes all the decisions for me now, unless UCL somehow give me an offer for L100 AND L101?

I went there two years ago. It's a really nice city, but it is chilly yeah :colone:
Original post by Tomatochuckers
I went there two years ago. It's a really nice city, but it is chilly yeah :colone:

Looks like a great city. Now I've got an offer, I've got a great excuse to make my family go up there for a short break :biggrin:

Original post by Trizzle
AAB offer from Edinburgh! Hugely surprised as I thought it was going to be AAA, so a great insurance :smile:

*Edinburgh Offer-Holder High-Five* :five:
(edited 12 years ago)
Who's going to the Bristol open day tomorrow then?
Also, has there been any UCL L101 rejections yet?
Anybody going to the UCL selection day tomorrow for econ+geog?
Is anyone going to the UCL Economics open day tomorrow? Not sure what to expect :/
Date for FINAL UCL Economics open day is 14th March. Only one more apparently. >>>From the admissions department>>
Original post by WalkerPrince
Date for FINAL UCL Economics open day is 14th March. Only one more apparently. >>>From the admissions department>>

How do you know that?!
Reply 8612

Oh :s-smilie: how much notice do they normally give? (with an invite) I'm just wondering when the cut off date for hearing is likely to be.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8613
Original post by Tateco
Oh :s-smilie: how much notice do they normally give? (with an invite) I'm just wondering when the cut off date for hearing is likely to be.

My guess is during this week will be the cut off - they can't leave it with much less than 3 weeks notice for visit days (maybe 2), but just a guess.
Reply 8614
Original post by JuKaMy
My guess is during this week will be the cut off - they can't leave it with much less than 3 weeks notice for visit days (maybe 2), but just a guess.

This is what I thought, just want to see from people who have been how long they were given :/
Original post by Tateco
This is what I thought, just want to see from people who have been how long they were given :/

I know some people who got an invite exactly a week ago for tomorrow so I'm not getting too worried just yet...

That's so depressing....
OMG I am getting a bit scared now by looking at this thread, you guys are crazy, got like 97-100UMS in average...
Before I thought I might stand a chance, now I feel depressed...

I also wanna apply to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham. Not sure if I am good enough now...
Reply 8618
Original post by asas78978
OMG I am getting a bit scared now by looking at this thread, you guys are crazy, got like 97-100UMS in average...
Before I thought I might stand a chance, now I feel depressed...

I also wanna apply to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham. Not sure if I am good enough now...

I didn't get anything like that in UMS, just a couple A*s last year and that got me an offer form LSE
Think more about your personal statement and tutor references, and interviews for oxbridge.
After all if you don't apply to some of the top ones, aren't you going to run out of ones that you would actually want to go to in the end? If you apply to more of them your chances also improve :biggrin: that was my thinking
Original post by JuKaMy
I didn't get anything like that in UMS, just a couple A*s last year and that got me an offer form LSE
Think more about your personal statement and tutor references, and interviews for oxbridge.
After all if you don't apply to some of the top ones, aren't you going to run out of ones that you would actually want to go to in the end? If you apply to more of them your chances also improve :biggrin: that was my thinking

Really? I was wondering do you need over 90UMS for AS modules the relevant A-levels in order to go to any of the top unis? Just a couple of A*s lol scared me even more. How many A* have you got?:frown:

Latest