The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wonder if it would work on my ye olde Hero :beard:
Original post by + polarity -
I wonder if it would work on my ye olde Hero :beard:

Probably not. I don't think the Hero is amongst the supported phones. Only a handful of Samsung and HTC phones are compatible.
Original post by silent ninja
Probably not. I don't think the Hero is amongst the supported phones. Only a handful of Samsung and HTC phones are compatible.

Oh... okay

:ashamed:

Yet again prsom but I should probably print that out
Oh... okay

Unfortunately :frown:

Compatible smartphones: HTC Desire, Desire S, Desire HD, Incredible S, Sensation and Samsung Galaxy and Galaxy S II.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-go/?returnToAuthFilter=true&identifiedAsPrimary=true&refererIs=skyid

The neg reviews on the Marketplace are funny. It says in the description which devices are compatible.
(edited 12 years ago)
http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-go/?returnToAuthFilter=true&identifiedAsPrimary=true&refererIs=skyid

The neg reviews on the Marketplace are funny. It says in the description which devices are compatible.

I've seen that happen before! :facepalm2:
Unfortunately :frown:

It annoys me that it won't run on my Desire S due to having a custom ICS ROM. Bastards.
Original post by mikeyd85
It annoys me that it won't run on my Desire S due to having a custom ICS ROM. Bastards.

Lol yeah. Bastards @ the two device limit too. You should be able to play your content everywhere -- we own lots of media enabled devices!

I hear there's something on XDA to get around the fact it doesnt work rooted phones?
Lol yeah. Bastards @ the two device limit too. You should be able to play your content everywhere -- we own lots of media enabled devices!

I hear there's something on XDA to get around the fact it doesnt work rooted phones?

Yeah I understand the 2 at a time limit with things like Netflix but 2 at a time and one change per month maximum is a bit much. Plenty of people have sky downstairs, an xbox in their room and a phone.
Original post by G8D
Honestly guys, just sit tight and wait for ICS :nothing:

Any news on when ICS will be out for the Galaxy SII?

They're taking their sweet arse time about it :frown:

Also, would you recommend rooting and installing a custom ROM like Cyanogen Mod for my SII? I'm really looking to make using my Galaxy a lot more responsive like an iPhone, I'm currently using Go Launcher, but both Go Launcher and Touchwiz feel sluggish and somewhat unresponsive :/ But then maybe I'm just complaining about a feature that Android doesn't provide...
Original post by G8D
ICS gave new life to my HD2

Is it still working?
Original post by G8D
If I use the bottom row of buttons the screen risk dying again. It's a shame because it's so much better than the San Fran :sad:

:/

Whoa really? I'd have thought they'd be pretty similar. Is it the screen that makes it better or what?
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Any news on when ICS will be out for the Galaxy SII?

They're taking their sweet arse time about it :frown:

Also, would you recommend rooting and installing a custom ROM like Cyanogen Mod for my SII? I'm really looking to make using my Galaxy a lot more responsive like an iPhone, I'm currently using Go Launcher, but both Go Launcher and Touchwiz feel sluggish and somewhat unresponsive :/ But then maybe I'm just complaining about a feature that Android doesn't provide...

Believe it's 1 March for ICS but don't hold your breath. The networks will customise it (=delay) before rolling out. I'd say sometime Q2.
Got a slight problem. I've recently changed from Touchwiz to Go Launcher. I replaced the text message icon at the bottom with the the stock text message app, but for some reason when I get a text there is no notifaction on it. Can anyone help?
Original post by TheCasual
Got a slight problem. I've recently changed from Touchwiz to Go Launcher. I replaced the text message icon at the bottom with the the stock text message app, but for some reason when I get a text there is no notifaction on it. Can anyone help?

And you have 'GO Launcher EX Notification' installed and enabled (Preferences > Advanced Settings > GO Launcher EX Notification > Tick all that apply)?
I have what I think could be a very stupid question...

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. A few days ago it was acting very strangely - kept saying it was plugged into the USB when it was and vibrating at strange times. Then at one point, this screen appeared. I've never seen it before and I haven't been able to find it to get it to appear again - anyone have any ideas of what it might be?
Original post by coolh5000
I have what I think could be a very stupid question...

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. A few days ago it was acting very strangely - kept saying it was plugged into the USB when it was and vibrating at strange times. Then at one point, this screen appeared. I've never seen it before and I haven't been able to find it to get it to appear again - anyone have any ideas of what it might be?

It's the Desk Clock available in the Clock application. At the top where it says 'Alarm', 'World clock', 'Stopwatch' and 'Timer', slide to the right and press 'Desk clock'.
Original post by whyumadtho
It's the Desk Clock available in the Clock application. At the top where it says 'Alarm', 'World clock', 'Stopwatch' and 'Timer', slide to the right and press 'Desk clock'.

Brilliant - thank you! I knew it would be something obvious, I just couldn't figure out what!
Trying out Zeam. 'tis nice, but I miss scrollable widgets :/
Need some help with poweramp if anybody has it:

I have all my music organised into folders by artist then album. A lot of my songs come up as unknown on poweramp, I seem to have to change each song individually. Is there some way I can select all songs in one folder and change the artist/album for all of them?

Latest

Trending

Trending