The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackkkkk
Thats quite funny you say that I'm in the same position as you. Im going to do the visit days and then decide between Exeter and Bristol (Most likely Bristol though). How was the offer day, mine is the 22nd?
I know someone from my school who is now at Bristol at Badock studying Medicine and says it very lively, however if you want to study its not the place to be :P

Hey! I really really enjoyed bristol on wednesday, but remember enjoying exeter a lot back in september so will be interesting, i'm going there on the 7th March.
Thanks for sharing on badock, I seemed to get that impression too haha
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by catoswyn
If you can do self catering think about 'university houses' as they are near to the university precinct. Cheaper too and usually people's second choice so if put down as first choice then you more than likely get the one you want. Some of them have a fair number of students in them. Recommended anyway if you don't want to be so far out.
:smile:

Oh, really? I'll look into it! Thanks for the tip :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by killsweetcorn
Hey people ! I've put bristol as my firm choice and just wanted to see who else had! I'm going to the vist day on the 22nd of Feb is anyone else? Also I've applied for law anyone else? :smile: x

I'm going on the 22nd for Law! :smile:
Reply 83
Hello! I just firmed this morning for MA Modern Languages at Bristol. I am an international student coming in from the US. Any other postgrads/ modern language people on here?

Congratulations to everyone by the way! :smile:
Original post by amcoogan
Hello! I just firmed this morning for MA Modern Languages at Bristol. I am an international student coming in from the US. Any other postgrads/ modern language people on here?

Hello! I'm not a postgrad or a modern language future-student... but I am from North America and I will be at Bristol this October! :smile: Hello! I'm very excited to see someone else across the pond who's going to Bristol, haha
Original post by Olive12

Awesome! Im going it alone how about you? Look out for me im slightly ginger slightly blond and talk, alot. Plus i respond to the name of jen :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by killsweetcorn
Awesome! Im going it alone how about you? Look out for me im slightly ginger slightly blond and talk, alot. Plus i respond to the name of jen :biggrin:

I'm going with my dad haha :colondollar:

I'll be the one in my limited edition Dr Marten's most probably! (They're good for walking around campuses...)
Reply 87
Original post by amcoogan

Im not from the US but I have an offer for modern languages! I've applied for Spanish and beginners' Russian :smile:
I have a conditional offer of ABB - what have you applied for?
Congratulations by the wya
xx
Reply 88
i'm going to firm bristol within the next few days for ba drama! i really like the look of badock hall, esp because i'm doing drama and on the website they said there are performances there which is pretty cool! but i was really really looking for self catered (mainly because i like the idea of it better but also because my friend's sister in wills hall said the food is disgusting...may be personal opinion though haha). so i was thinking durdham and goldney look the best...but what people seem to be saying is they're really far out? decisions decisions! any more info/thoughts?! :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by claudia94
i'm going to firm bristol within the next few days for ba drama! i really like the look of badock hall, esp because i'm doing drama and on the website they said there are performances there which is pretty cool! but i was really really looking for self catered (mainly because i like the idea of it better but also because my friend's sister in wills hall said the food is disgusting...may be personal opinion though haha). so i was thinking durdham and goldney look the best...but what people seem to be saying is they're really far out? decisions decisions! any more info/thoughts?! :smile:

Goldney is the most popular and apparently have 60-80 applicants per place each year :eek:
Hey guys my advice is dont go to a visit day if youve been to an open day they are very similar and dont offer any other information they are a good chance to look round bristol if you haven't done before but thats about it dont get me worng loving bristol its just the visit day doesn't offer anything new :smile:

Heyya congrats on drama first! And you get a free buss pass in your first year so it doesnt matter how far away they are in my opinion dont look at where you want to go based on distance as its only youre first year unless being really close to the centre is deadly important to you i would priotritise it. Stoke Bishop campus which is in downs has a really good rep for having a good social atmosphere as most people who live there are all students giving its a firm bond. I'm hoping to go to Hiatt Baker or Baddock as they are renounded for a good social life :smile:
Reply 92

I have been looking at those two as well because I wanted self-catered but now I'm just not sure (probably isn't a helpful reply) because they are further out and I think maybe catered is more social and they do look pretty over-subscribed. Having said that a family friend is at Goldney and she loves it. Just to complicate things more for you! :smile:
Woo! It's official! Firmed my offer to study Law at Bristol!

:woo:
Original post by miss_sasa94

CONGRATS!!!!! :woo: Join the facebook group? :biggrin:
Reply 95
I'm firming here for German and Spanish i think! It's between here and st Andrews but cos I'm from Liverpool im worried st Andrews will be too small...anyways if I do firm here I'm applying for hiatt baker woooooo!
Reply 96
Just firmed for Physics! Is there a facebook group I can join????
Reply 97
Original post by miss_sasa94

Yay so have I! :smile:. Which halls are you hoping to get in to?
Reply 98
Original post by Olive12

Yeah I've applied for law, I went to the open day on the 29th of Feb and loved it! Can't wait to go now! Congratulations of your offer :smile:.
Reply 99
Just firmed Bristol for law, I'm thinking of Goldney/Durdham, except on the open day the students said they were both quiet halls and were quite strict too =/. so now I'm not so sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending