The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, very. She also sounds quite up her self from what I've seen and heard in interviews and live performances.
Reply 2
I wouldn't say her voice is "outstanding", that word is reserved for Freddie Mercury and the like, who she is miles away from being as talented as.
I do! I don't think she'd be half as popular if she was thin/ a healthy BMI.
Reply 4
On an evening when One Direction won an award I think you have to hand it to any artist with real talent, which Adele certainly is. I think the recognition and awards are deserved.
Mehhhh she's only famous coz she's got a singer soundin name....She kinda sings like a man as well :creep:
Reply 6
She deserves her awards but I think that there is much better artists and bands than her, like at the Brit Awards tonight I knew she was going to win because she has like 90% of the population loving her but I think that her album was weak compared to Coldplay's and Florence and the Machine's.
For a current mainstream artist, she isn't too bad. I can see why those who only listen to popular music consider her a god-send considering all the drab they listen to.

Regardless, yes, she is overrated.
Reply 8
Original post by Eightyeight
Yes, very. She also sounds quite up her self from what I've seen and heard in interviews and live performances.

Are you having a laugh? Have you heard her speak?
Reply 9
tumblr_ll5i4tGkMc1qct7dio1_500.jpg
I like her- finally a female singer who doesn't all but get her tits out to get publicity. Stupid thing is, a lot of female singers COULD do really well relying on just their voices, and change the status quo, but instead they bare as much as won't get censored and contribute to it...Adele has an awesome voice and I hope other singers are encouraged by her example tbh.
I am always surprised when spying on other people's iPod selections the amount of times I actually see '21' appear. Adele is Adele, whatever. The fact her songs are so average is what I think is really annoying. They have a serious team of writers (who have had huge success with their own bands i.e. Dan Wilson) and they come out with this bland unrequited love-paste. Rolling in the Deep was actually produced by Rick Rubin (for those that didn't know) and largely the reason for the song having a sort of half baked upbeat "yer I gott dumppd but fukkk u darren" feel to it. Adele's music is one of those inspirational Hollywood films that have been cooked up to produce results. It is not a result of anything this time around, unlike '19'.
Yes. I'd gladly take one for the team by marrying her and treating her like a princess forever if it means she doesn't write another damn my-boyfriend-broke-my-heart song.
Reply 13
Original post by Bobo1234
I like her- finally a female singer who doesn't all but get her tits out to get publicity. Stupid thing is, a lot of female singers COULD do really well relying on just their voices, and change the status quo, but instead they bare as much as won't get censored and contribute to it...Adele has an awesome voice and I hope other singers are encouraged by her example tbh.

Yes, but do you think she deserves every single award given to her? Personally I don't, and I find it annoying the amount of people who constantly go on and on about her.
I don't think I've ever actually heard any of her songs to be honest :tongue:
Original post by Kiss
Yes, but do you think she deserves every single award given to her? Personally I don't, and I find it annoying the amount of people who constantly go on and on about her.

Personally, while I don't think she's a genius or in the Kate Bush league, I do think she deserves them.

She is very good, she has a very good voice, her songs are very good and she writes them herself. These songs seem to really connect with people and are written about something meaningful rather than about going clubbing or having sex as most of what is in the charts is about.

She is a breath of fresh air when 90% of artists and particularly female artists don't write their own songs or music and rely on their looks and raunchy videos to get them success.

She is genuinely talented (though as I've said not a genius), she is genuine and ordinary and people like her and connect with her. She should be role model for aspiring young female singers to show that you don't need to have your arse on show and to dance like a stripper to make it, talent can get you there and will gain you more respect.
Reply 16
Please for Addle's sake don't buy her music... she will spend the money on biscuits
Original post by Historophilia
Personally, while I don't think she's a genius or in the Kate Bush league, I do think she deserves them.

She is very good, she has a very good voice, her songs are very good and she writes them herself. These songs seem to really connect with people and are written about something meaningful rather than about going clubbing or having sex as most of what is in the charts is about.

She is a breath of fresh air when 90% of artists and particularly female artists don't write their own songs or music and rely on their looks and raunchy videos to get them success.

She is genuinely talented (though as I've said not a genius), she is genuine and ordinary and people like her and connect with her. She should be role model for aspiring young female singers to show that you don't need to have your arse on show and to dance like a stripper to make it, talent can get you there and will gain you more respect.

:congrats:
Original post by the bear
Please for Addle's sake don't buy her music... she will spend the money on biscuits

It's the burgers and kebabs I'm worried about to be honest.
My nan sings better.

Latest