The Student Room Group

University of Malta Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Hi Aysha92,

What is the deadline? The website is slightly confusing with the dates. I really hope it is still open :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by loisalexandra
Hi Aysha92,

What is the deadline? The website is slightly confusing with the dates. I really hope it is still open :smile:

15th April.

Are you applying based on your a-levels? Have you done a language at AS?
Reply 22
Does everyone have to take the matriculation test then, or will they accept an application based on A levels?
Reply 23
Original post by harisn
Hi. Im also very keen on applying to Malta to study medicine this year. I currently take Biology, Chemistry and Maths and am predicted A*,A,B with the B in chem. I was wondering whether i would be likely to get accepted. Also, if anyone is already studying there, what are the costs like per month? Also, was anyone able to get a loan to study there? If so, plz tell me the possiblity of applying for a loan

Original post by shoe_addict
Hi,

how did you apply to UoM? Did u have to apply through UCAS?
I'm kinda thinking of applying there too!

Original post by judi123
Hey, I have just started to fill in the application for the university of Malta. I got to know about this university very recently almost by random. Anyway I'm very glad I found out because the prospect of studying there seems appealing. I'll be submitting my application very soon.

Bdw, I how did you go about applying and with what grades?? I would like to hear from you.

Judi

Original post by MusicNow
Does everyone have to take the matriculation test then, or will they accept an application based on A levels?

Original post by loisalexandra

Hello, I really want to apply to Malta but I was told that I need a language to atleast AS level. Has anyone else been told about this? Have you done a language to AS level?
If you've already sent your application, was it accepted? If you're applying with a levels what are your subjects?
Really want to apply but don't know if they'll accept my application without a language or not ... Any help apprecaited
Reply 24
Original post by Aysha92
Hello, I really want to apply to Malta but I was told that I need a language to atleast AS level. Has anyone else been told about this? Have you done a language to AS level?
If you've already sent your application, was it accepted? If you're applying with a levels what are your subjects?
Really want to apply but don't know if they'll accept my application without a language or not ... Any help apprecaited

Hey Aysha,
Who told you that you need to have an AS language? because as far as I'm aware what they ask for is passes at grade B or better in Chemistry and Biology (compulsory subjects) and another in any other subject not although, specifically a language.
Reply 25
Original post by judi123
Hey Aysha,
Who told you that you need to have an AS language? because as far as I'm aware what they ask for is passes at grade B or better in Chemistry and Biology (compulsory subjects) and another in any other subject not although, specifically a language.

Hello Judi,
Admission staff told me. They said the language is a general requirement for applying to UoM. The B in biology and chemistry is specific course requirement for medicine.
Did they tell you otherwise and have you applied yet? Thanks
Reply 26
I have been told by the admission staff that an AS language is a minimum requirement for admission to the uni. The grades required in Chemistry and Biology are just the grades required for medicine. If anyone hears otherwise, please inform me.
Reply 27
As a graduate do you need to have a language at AS? I've sent my application off but I wasn't asked for a language at AS level

Anybody know?
Reply 28
Original post by GreenIs
As a graduate do you need to have a language at AS? I've sent my application off but I wasn't asked for a language at AS level

Anybody know?

Hey,

Yeah I have sent my application as a graduate too and I've been hearing people saying about the language requirement. However, there are people who have already got offers without a language although, many tend to be graduates. I guess they assess each application on individual basis.
Reply 29
I am now reading that a Humanistic subject is also required. Anybody know what a humanistic subject is and anybody who has got it? If so, please tell me. i have a language but no humanistic subject, as all my AS subject were sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths). And an AS language that I will be doing in June. if anyone has any other subjects that they are applying with, please tell me.
Thanks
Reply 30
Original post by harisn
I am now reading that a Humanistic subject is also required. Anybody know what a humanistic subject is and anybody who has got it? If so, please tell me. i have a language but no humanistic subject, as all my AS subject were sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths). And an AS language that I will be doing in June. if anyone has any other subjects that they are applying with, please tell me.
Thanks

Basically humanities subject eg. history, geography etc. theres a list on their website in the general entry requirements.
Are you in year 13 now or gap year?
Reply 31
Original post by GreenIs

Anybody know?

Hi GreenIs,

As a graduate you do not need a language or Humanities requirement. When did you send your application? I sent mine on 16th of Feb. Have not heard back yet.
Original post by .eXe
Hey just a quick question...why are you all keen on applying to Malta specifically? There are several eastern european schools in countries like croatia, hungary, poland, etc so what specifically about malta is attractive? thanks.

Probably because Malta is a former UK dependency and english is an offical language - if it came to it, I'd choose malta over eastern europe!

You can even choose to do your foundation training in Malta and apply through FPAS.
Reply 33
Original post by Aysha92

Aysha
If you are applying after your A levels then yes you do need a language at AS Level and additionally a humanities subject. If you are applying as a graduate the criterion change. Why don't you call up the International applications office and clarify?
hey guys, I have also applied to Malta.
I was a bit unsure about the whole form, I applied with 'local qualifications' put in my A2 BIO & CHEM grades, and in the 'intermediate level' put in my A2 FRENCH and AS MATHS grade.

Didnt put in any GCSE's was unsure where to put them...

very confusing. :s-smilie:
Original post by jodi
Aysha
If you are applying after your A levels then yes you do need a language at AS Level and additionally a humanities subject. If you are applying as a graduate the criterion change. Why don't you call up the International applications office and clarify?

Original post by harisn
Thanks

Original post by GreenIs

Anybody know?

Original post by Aysha92
Hello Judi,
Admission staff told me. They said the language is a general requirement for applying to UoM. The B in biology and chemistry is specific course requirement for medicine.
Did they tell you otherwise and have you applied yet? Thanks

read above post lol
Reply 36
Original post by username2012
hey guys, I have also applied to Malta.
I was a bit unsure about the whole form, I applied with 'local qualifications' put in my A2 BIO & CHEM grades, and in the 'intermediate level' put in my A2 FRENCH and AS MATHS grade.

Didnt put in any GCSE's was unsure where to put them...

very confusing. :s-smilie:

Yeah the application is pretty confusing. I put my maths and english GCSE only where they had the place for them with the maltese language (but left that blank obviously).
Good luck with it
Original post by Aysha92
Has the deadline for applications for EU applicants from the UK gone? I read on the website that applications need to be in by 13th January 2012. Is that only for courses which start in February? Thanks

Found the closing date, still got time

When is the closing date? I thought it wasn't until june! I hope I haven't missed it, but I probably have..?
pplications Deadline

2. Applications for all courses are to be submitted against the relevant application fee as follows:
Applicants holding one of the following qualifications are requested to submit the online application up to the 24 July 2012 against a fee of €23:

University of Malta degrees and diplomas, the Matriculation Certificate, MCAST Diplomas, ITS Diplomas, the ACCA qualification, BTEC Diplomas, the International Baccalaureate Diploma, the European Baccalaureate Diploma, City & Guilds Diplomas, the Certificate in Banking of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, Ordinary Level and Advanced Level Certificates from the following overseas boards: AEB, AQA, Edexcel, London, Oxford.
All applicants with overseas qualifications not listed above, except applicants for the M.D. course, are requested to submit the online application up to the 24 July 2012 against a fee of €95.
Applications for the M.D. course from applicants with overseas qualifications not listed above will be received up to 15 April 2012 against a fee of €95. Late applications will not be accepted.

So if you have A-levels you're ok until June?
If you are NOT a graduate applicant, you have to have a humanities subject or you get rejected..sucks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending