The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
Yes.

The deadline was the 20th February wasn't it?

Heard back? I heard today
Original post by JuKaMy
It's difficult to say, the email LSE sent me when i asked them about whether my early entries were bad was something along the lines of 'we prefer A levels to be finished in the same year' so not definite but also indicating they don't like it.

I e-mailed them and they replied the same, but however Cambridge colleges replied to me saying it won't disadvantage me from applying but the offer grade will likely to be ones I achieved at yr13. But Trinity however saying they don't care at all, Nottingham and Warwick says I only need further A if I got the grades.

How come you haven't got your grade from maths if you did it last year?

I got A at yr11 and retook C4 this Jan and probably A* overall, surprised when Trinity and other top unis saying don't care about retake because they believe everyone got bad days, except LSE. But my applied modules are terrible low A and B, others are over 90.

I think if you get A*A in Maths, FMaths then that is pretty solid for applying to these unis if they look over the fact they were done early.

Not sure if my personal circumstance took into account, I came to England for 3 years and not knowing proper English before yr10 and started school at yr9 and self taught English...

If a uni does not ask for UMS then obviously the UMS does not matter, it's just about the grade. But if you are applying to Oxbridge and UCL then you would want to have high UMS in FM and Maths to show you didn't just scrape the good looking grades.

Not sure if good PS and working experience will compensate my low UMS... I will have to try to ace rest of math modules DX Also, do they only care about math modules? How about the rest?:confused:
Original post by A_Asif
Offer from LSE A*AAE for L101 Economics, so happy :smile:

R u Aemal? lol if you are then I told you you will get it..

Jack
Reply 8643
Congrats to those who got LSE offers!
Reply 8644
Offer from Warwick L100 A*AA
Offer from Warwick just came through!!!
Reply 8646
Original post by somaiyar
Offer from Warwick L100 A*AA

Original post by economist94
Offer from Warwick just came through!!!

Congrats you two! Had to check my track to see if I had got a reply, still nothing :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
If you don't go to the open day you don't get an offer.

That is not true.
How did everyone find the open day at UCL ?
What were your thoughts on it ?
Reply 8649
Original post by WalkerPrince
Heard back? I heard today

Nope, I only applied a couple of days before the deadline, guess I'll just wait to hear but I'm not overly keen on that scheme, what's the next stage?
Has anyone who got an econ offer on the 15th from UCL seen the offer on UCAS track yet ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8651
Original post by member910132
That is not true.

I'm assuming you've told them why you couldn't go, if you just didn't tell them and didn't turn up then I thought they assumed you weren't interested.
Original post by Tateco
I'm assuming you've told them why you couldn't go, if you just didn't tell them and didn't turn up then I thought they assumed you weren't interested.

My email clearly says that attendance at the open day is optional and doesn't affect my offer. But they would like to know whether I am coming or not, so yea I did tell them.
Reply 8653
Anyone applying for Economics and Management science at Southampton? Just got an offer of AAA + B in AS Maths.
(edited 12 years ago)
UCL openday was a bit useless I left after the talk
Reply 8655
Original post by asas78978
R u Aemal? lol if you are then I told you you will get it..

Jack

Yeh thank man, a genuine surprise.
Reply 8656
Original post by JuKaMy
Well done!!!

Congrats!!!

See you two there next year :biggrin: ?

yes, i will definitely be firming it :biggrin:
Original post by Purehakkai
UCL openday was a bit useless I left after the talk

Was your offer conditional to you going to the open day ?
Reply 8658
Original post by JuKaMy
Well done!!!

Congrats!!!

See you two there next year :biggrin: ?

Hopefully get the grades and see you. LSE's gonna be my firm.
Original post by member910132
Was your offer conditional to you going to the open day ?

They didn't say, just that they will recommend an offer by sent to me

Latest

Trending

Trending