The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

*dives in*

BHaR has its moments, but overall, The Resistance > BHaR. I can remember that I was at my nan's when they did the Eurasia release and she had no internet connection so I spent ages trying to listen to that song on a neighbour's internet connection. Frustrating. :tongue:

But Problematique, CoD, KoC, Hoodoo, Assassin (preferably the Grand Omega Bosses remix) are pretty damn good too. I would probably say that my favourite album is either Absolution or OoB, because of Stockholm Syndrome and Citizen Erased, and the general awesomeness of the rest of the songs on them.

Soft spot for Soldier's Poem because of Chris's backing vocals on HAARP, though.

/mini-essay
Noo! Soldier's Poem is easily one of their worst, in me humble opinion. Didn't take the The Resistance at all.

For moi OOS>Absolution>Showbiz>BHaR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L'Resistance.
Oooh rating albums are we? :tongue:

Well in my own opinion:

1. Origin of Symmetry (just)
2. Showbiz
3. Absolution
4. Black Holes and Revelations
5. The Resistance

This is based purely on my enjoyment of the album, and if this trend is anything to go by I don't hold much hope for the album they have in the works. :tongue:

Can't say I like the direction Muse have been going in and have been hinting at. Muse are at heart a rock band, and that's what they do best. Stick to your roots please guyz!
Ok, listing things in order. Let's do this.

1: BHaR (Only Just)
2: Absolution
2: Resistance
4: OoS
4: Showbiz

I can't actually decide between Absolution and Resistance, or OoS and Showbiz. And BHaR is only just in the front anyway, because of KoC, Soldier's Poem, Invincible and SMBH. The best bits of Absolution for me have to be Interlude & Hysteria, Blackout and Endlessly. Resistance for me is all about USofE, Guiding Light and the Exogenesis Symphony. On OoS my favourites are Feeling Good, Plug in Baby, Bliss and Citizen Erased. Showbiz favourites are Muscle Museum, Unintended, Escape and Falling Down.
Reply 6084
Original post by Stray_talk
Noo! Soldier's Poem is easily one of their worst, in me humble opinion. Didn't take the The Resistance at all.

For moi OOS>Absolution>Showbiz>BHaR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L'Resistance.

:colonhash:
Ok, listening way too much to Blackout recently. :P
So... the sun says Kate and Bells are married already
Reply 6087
I saw muse at Wembley on 2007 it was awesome.

4667_103726995165_686750165_3172928_6322419_n.jpg

Only bad thing is we got the tickets late and had a real bad seat lol.
Original post by mattamz
I saw muse at Wembley on 2007 it was awesome.

4667_103726995165_686750165_3172928_6322419_n.jpg

Only bad thing is we got the tickets late and had a real bad seat lol.

you see right at the front? where the stage is? THATS WHERE I WAS :P:
How have i only just found this?
So much love for muse, especially live (i've managed to see them 5 times so far, aiming for more though :wink:
I have to say though, the old stuff still does it more for me!
I just listened to 'Feeling Good'... a cover, but STILL SUPERMASSIVE!
[video="youtube;CmwRQqJsegw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwRQqJsegw[/video]
I've just seen a new paparazzi picture of Bingham and MY OVARIES OMG
Original post by museobsessed
I've just seen a new paparazzi picture of Bingham and MY OVARIES OMG

a) sorry I just accidentally negged you instead of quoting you - I have been up since 4am (my excuse!)
b) where is this picture?
Original post by hothedgehog
a) sorry I just accidentally negged you instead of quoting you - I have been up since 4am (my excuse!)
b) where is this picture?

:frown: but i forgive you :biggrin:

and its on one of the facebook muse groups called coro happy birthday matt b. I tried to get it off facebook but i couldn't find it :frown: so sorry. I would have posted it otherwise
I can't find it either... presumably it will come out in the wash sooner or later though.
Original post by hothedgehog
I can't find it either... presumably it will come out in the wash sooner or later though.

this one:
I saw them at wembley '10 on the saturday - must say best night of my life so far. We had tickets allowing us to stand or go to the lower seats, so I stayed at the seats with my auntie and uncle, but my GOD the music was amazing.
Reply 6097
Just read through the last few pages so i'll jump in too. I've seen Muse 3 times so far (definitely planning on going to more gigs on the back of the new album!) with the most recent being Reading Festival last year. It was the most awesome thing i've ever witnessed. The crowd was awesome where I was, the band were on fire, and OoS was played in full! :P

My favourite album is Absolution followed by OoS, BH&R, TR then Showbiz.
who negged me for my comment about Bingham? Hes really cute, what did I say wrong?
(not yours hothehedgehog, I know about that one)
Muse carrying the Olympic Torch! :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest