The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
Yes.

The deadline was the 20th February wasn't it?

Sorry, I meant I will probably withdraw my application from them if I get another offer. :smile:
Reply 8661
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Sorry, I meant I will probably withdraw my application from them if I get another offer. :smile:

Oh right, yeah 51 weeks (or however long it is) is a bit much :s-smilie:
Original post by Tateco
Oh right, yeah 51 weeks (or however long it is) is a bit much :s-smilie:

Yupp, I would rather do something for 6 months, and then do something else (part time job) for the remaining time. :cool:
Reply 8663
Original post by asas78978
I e-mailed them and they replied the same, but however Cambridge colleges replied to me saying it won't disadvantage me from applying but the offer grade will likely to be ones I achieved at yr13. But Trinity however saying they don't care at all, Nottingham and Warwick says I only need further A if I got the grades.

I got A at yr11 and retook C4 this Jan and probably A* overall, surprised when Trinity and other top unis saying don't care about retake because they believe everyone got bad days, except LSE. But my applied modules are terrible low A and B, others are over 90.

Not sure if my personal circumstance took into account, I came to England for 3 years and not knowing proper English before yr10 and started school at yr9 and self taught English...

Not sure if good PS and working experience will compensate my low UMS... I will have to try to ace rest of math modules DX Also, do they only care about math modules? How about the rest?:confused:

It'll help! And yes, do point out your personal circumstance, that's pretty amazing that you've learnt English in that time and are doing so well in exams. Also put your foreign language/foreign background forward as a positive in statements.

I don't know exactly which ones they care about, haven't had much direct contact with unis on which they look at, neither do i have any feedback that would let me assume what they take an interest in. Because of that, my earlier point stands - just do your best this year.
Original post by Tateco
Nope, I only applied a couple of days before the deadline, guess I'll just wait to hear but I'm not overly keen on that scheme, what's the next stage?

Oh ok, yeah I applied like a week before. It sounds like literally the best thing going, but I'm not too fussed if I don't make it. :cool:

Testing is the next stage
UCL open day was literally useless, I would sign in then leave if I was applying for L100. Useful for L101 as I had a lot of questions, a LOT. I'm pleased, looking like my firm.
Reply 8666
Original post by WalkerPrince
Oh ok, yeah I applied like a week before. It sounds like literally the best thing going, but I'm not too fussed if I don't make it. :cool:

Testing is the next stage

Ah cool, when are the tests? :smile:

Definitely firm UCL if I were you!
UCL open day was literally useless, I would sign in then leave if I was applying for L100. Useful for L101 as I had a lot of questions, a LOT. I'm pleased, looking like my firm.

Didn't you get LSE offer ?
Original post by member910132
My email clearly says that attendance at the open day is optional and doesn't affect my offer. But they would like to know whether I am coming or not, so yea I did tell them.

Do you live far away? My offer was conditional upon attending...

...blackmail :sadnod:
Original post by thegenius31416
I am.

What did you think?
Original post by perrytheplatypus
Do you live far away? My offer was conditional upon attending...

...blackmail :sadnod:

4hrs from London
Didn't you get LSE offer ?

Getting an LSE offer doesn't automatically bind you to having to firm them, you know...
Reply 8672
Original post by jamiepango
Getting an LSE offer doesn't automatically bind you to having to firm them, you know...

Some people are blind :rolleyes:
Original post by Tateco
Some people are blind :rolleyes:

If you get into your dream course, I don't see why getting an LSE offer should deter you from that.
Reply 8674
Original post by jamiepango
If you get into your dream course, I don't see why getting an LSE offer should deter you from that.

Exactly, I agree. People are blinded by league tables and expectations, as if going to a university 1 position down in the dreaded league table (if you prefer that course) will have an affect in your future options.
Reply 8675
Did anyone apply to the Bank of England gap year scheme?

I applied on Sunday. Haven't heard anything though.
Original post by JuKaMy
It'll help! And yes, do point out your personal circumstance, that's pretty amazing that you've learnt English in that time and are doing so well in exams. Also put your foreign language/foreign background forward as a positive in statements.

I don't know exactly which ones they care about, haven't had much direct contact with unis on which they look at, neither do i have any feedback that would let me assume what they take an interest in. Because of that, my earlier point stands - just do your best this year.

Just found out one of my friend's got offer from LSE and he's got worse math UMS than me haha, which means I still got a chance, thank you very much for ur opioion.:biggrin:
4hrs from London

Figures. guess it was compulsory for those near London only...
Reply 8678
Original post by asas78978
Just found out one of my friend's got offer from LSE and he's got worse math UMS than me haha, which means I still got a chance, thank you very much for ur opioion.:biggrin:

Exactly, evidence it is possible.
Good luck next year
Reply 8679
hi ive applied for economics with year abroad in ucl and got no offer yet. i got rejected by lse for economics cuz they said that they dnt like my a levels combination. im doing further maths maths spanish and french, already got A* in maths and predicted A* in fm, A* in spanish and A in french. do u think ill get an offer from ucl? im a bit worried... :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending