The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Interview at Chester Uni Nursing Degree

Hi All

Got an interview at Chester Uni next week for Adult nursing, really starting to worry about the interview process. Been rejected by Manchester and John Moores so really need to do well next week. Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
hi Shazt
did yu manage to get an offer from chester,i am going there for an adult nursing interview and its my last choice since i hev been rejected by staffordshire and edge hill,how was the interview give me tips please i am desperate,what type of questions did they ask yu in numeracy and literacy?thanx in advance,will very much appreciate yo help
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
The interview i had at chester for nursing last year was we spent the morning or evening in the uni and had a few talks with lectures about what the uni would be like etc, and then their was a group interview where you sat in a circle and they sent you a quest a few weeks before like "what qualities does a good nurse need to be" and everyone in turn just answered in, we then had single interviews where you went into a room with a lecture and a professor.

The most important thing to relax and act confident. Make sure they see that you have a nice and friendly personality and that you can feel comfortable in interview situations after all one of the most important skills for nursing the social skills as you'll meet so many patients and doctors and family members that you wont be able to be shy around them. Good luck!
Reply 3
hi thanx a lot,
i got the same topic
wat abt the literacy and numeracy ,wat topic did yu get and wat type of questions do they ask in maths,sorry to bother yu but this is my last hope
wish yu all the best in watever yu aspire to do
thanx a lot
Reply 4
Have you applied for the degree or the diploma? :smile: I never got a literacy or numeray test cause i have gcse's & alevels in both :smile: so i cant help you on that sorry :smile: xx
Hi girls/guys,

was just wondering when you actually applied for the degree at chester??

i applied 27th december and still havent heard anything =(

x x
Reply 6
hey i applied in october and had my interview on the 19th of jan still waiting for the results
oh thats good news then, hopefully I will hear from them soonish. Did you hear about your interview on ucas track or letter? hope you get in =) fingers crossed. how was the interview? any tips?
Reply 8
I have got an interview next week was just wondering what sort of questions came up in the group discussion? I'm finding it difficult to find any answers for the question that they said will be asked! I would be grateful for any help. :smile: x
Reply 9
P.s the question is what current issues have an impact on healthcare?
Reply 10
Hi That could include anything like the new gov. agenda for health care, obesity, drug use as they are trying to make cannabis legal etc so these will have an impact on healthcare...hope this helps Mary x
Reply 11
yes thanks very much x
Reply 12
How did the interview go? I have the same group question next week and i was just wondering if there is anything you could advise me to say.

Thanks
Jess
Reply 13
First of all good luck to everyone going through the interview process-I wish you all success!

However I feel I need to remind people of the University Interview Discussion Rules on TSR which are stickied at the top of the page, so I've just copypastad the whole thing.

'Firstly, good luck to all of you who have upcoming interviews! They are exciting and a good opportunity for you to demonstrate your suitability for a place on the course.

However, it is in your own interests not to discuss specific content from your interviews, since revealing this information may provide an unfair advantage to individuals who are yet to sit it. This includes who interviewed you as well as what questions were asked and your responses to them.

Posts which are felt to provide an unfair advantage to other applicants may be removed by the moderation team and where this is actively discouraged by the university, warnings may be given. Please alert the moderation team to instances of users asking for or giving specific information on interview content using the post report button in the top right hand corner of every post.

Admissions tutors read the forums and some are members. In the past, admissions tutors have contacted TSR regarding people who have discussed interview questions on here, so by discussing them here you may be jeopardising your place!

We are very happy for you to continue to discuss your interviews in general terms on the site, including but not limited to whether or not you've been invited to an interview, your feelings about what it will be like and how it went, the style of interview and general advice on what to expect.'

Some of the stuff here is getting close to or has crossed the line set by TSR, so please be careful what you discuss.

Original post by JessHulme
How did the interview go? I have the same group question next week and i was just wondering if there is anything you could advise me to say.

Thanks
Jess

Be you, it is the best advice I can give. When they ask your opinion, give your opinion, not something you've memorised the paper or that people on here have talked about. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending