The Student Room Group

What the single biggest thing a guy can do to be more attractive?

Hi,

I know this is subjective but I was curious. So what is the single biggest thing a guy can do to be more attractive? Be it working out or wearing good aftershave.

Cheers,

Muppet Science

Scroll to see replies

uhhm, depends on the guy.

some guys could go to the gym

some guys could wear aftershave

some just need a good wash and to dress better
Reply 2
Probably something like 'smile'
as littleshambles says, it totally depends on what the guy is already like!
A nice suit improves every man's appearance. :smile:
Reply 5
Be friendly :smile:
Being interesting/having things in common with me. A guy can be very generically attractive which will obviously get him noticed, but if they have no substance I will just switch off. Whereas a guy can be reasonably attractive, but if I find him interesting and he talks about his interests with passion, I will find myself becoming more attracted to him. Of course if I find him completely unattractive from the start this doesn't apply, but if I find him reasonably attractive, being interesting/having things in common with me will make him more attractive.

Oh and smelling nice. :tongue:
Reply 7
What about a good sense of humour? Being able to make a girl laugh adds to attraction, right?
Reply 8
Looks fade over time, trying to get in a relationship with only the best males/females isn't the best idea if you have no common interests etc.

Having someone that is ok but major mental connection, that can work out. Someone who is completely unattractive won't work, but everyone is attracted to different people so there will always be people that find you mildly attractive or insanely attractive. It's just finding the mental connection that is harder.
I would say:
- Personal hygiene
- Lose weight/get in shape
- A certain amount of grooming: change his hair/grow some facial hair/tan/get his teeth fixed
- Get a better sense of style
- Personal development: lead a more interesting life/get hobbies/develop confidence/work on approaching women

All depends on where you stand to begin with. If you've got the 3 first down, then work on the next two. Personally, I want a guy to be healthy-looking. I'd say if you're in normal good shape, I'd work on the next points regarding style and personality rather than getting those perfect abs or pecs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Have interests/hobbies that he's actually passionate about.
Reply 12
Become comfortable in your own skin
Reply 13
Smell nice and dress well :smile:
Reply 14
If we are talking looks: Good personal hygiene

Personality: Have a more mature sense of humour. For example: boys who still see the number 69 and laugh appear immature.
Reply 15
Original post by mel_1991
For example: boys who still see the number 69 and laugh appear immature.

I have to admit...I lol'd :redface:
Reply 16
Original post by Nephilim
I have to admit...I lol'd :redface:

Fair enough. :smile: It's probably a personal trait I prefer. After growing up around my cousin and his mates it's hard not to roll your eyes when boys laugh at those sort of jokes :tongue:
Original post by iamapokemon
Have interests/hobbies that he's actually passionate about.

This has come up more than once in this thread, but surely it's a bit more specific than that..

For instance, I am mental about mathematics.. now if a girl wanted me to talk about something passionately, and I went down the maths route, I don't think she'd ever want to hear me talk again.
43abc_ORIG-zyzz4.jpg
Original post by FireGarden
This has come up more than once in this thread, but surely it's a bit more specific than that..

For instance, I am mental about mathematics.. now if a girl wanted me to talk about something passionately, and I went down the maths route, I don't think she'd ever want to hear me talk again.

Well to me personally, it doesn't matter what the particular interest is, just so long as it evokes some passion in him. For example, my boyfriend is very passionate about football (cliche I know) and old English comedys. Now although I can't stand football, I like how enthusiastic he is about it :smile:

Quick Reply