The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WalkerPrince
UCL open day was literally useless, I would sign in then leave if I was applying for L100. Useful for L101 as I had a lot of questions, a LOT. I'm pleased, looking like my firm.

Did you mix up the two courses? L101 is the standard 3 year course, L100 is the year abroad one isn't it? so since L101 is a big part of L100, surely if its useful for L101, its going to be useful for L100?

Anyway, I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, did you receive an offer for both L100 and L101? and why are you firming UCL over LSE?

Original post by lordvulture
Did you mix up the two courses? L101 is the standard 3 year course, L100 is the year abroad one isn't it? so since L101 is a big part of L100, surely if its useful for L101, its going to be useful for L100?

Anyway, I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, did you receive an offer for both L100 and L101? and why are you firming UCL over LSE?

I think you may be mixing LSE and UCL. L101 at LSE is the 3 year one, but L101 at UCL is the year abroad. L100 is UCL's 3 year course :tongue:
Reply 8682
L100 is the 3 year standard, everywhere except LSE it seems ^
Original post by borch
hi ive applied for economics with year abroad in ucl and got no offer yet. i got rejected by lse for economics cuz they said that they dnt like my a levels combination. im doing further maths maths spanish and french, already got A* in maths and predicted A* in fm, A* in spanish and A in french. do u think ill get an offer from ucl? im a bit worried... :frown:

If you got rejected from LSE then what chance do I have :/ I'm only predicted A*A*AA (A* in maths, economics A in FM, chemistry) :eek:
You have a good chance of getting an offer from UCL since they loveapplicants who have done a foreign language.
Original post by ihategeography
If you got rejected from LSE then what chance do I have :/ I'm only predicted A*A*AA (A* in maths, economics A in FM, chemistry) :eek:
You have a good chance of getting an offer from UCL since they loveapplicants who have done a foreign language.

They got rejected due to their subject combination. Your subject combination is fine.
Finally got an offer from Warwick! Such a relief! :smile:
Original post by Turnip Kid

Ah, congratz! What was your gcses if you don't mind me asking!
Reply 8687

Well done mate!
Original post by Melikeyflute
Ah, congratz! What was your gcses if you don't mind me asking!

GCSEs were 8A* and 2A.
At AS I got 4 As, all 95%+

I'm guessing you're still waiting for a decision?
Reply 8689

Well done :biggrin: Nice to know they're not totally inactive...
Reply 8690
Got an offer from Warwick :smile: still waiting on Durham though. Has anyone heard from Durham?

Does anyone have any input on Durham vs Warwick???
Warwick > Durham
Reply 8692
why?
Reply 8693
Original post by alicatee
Got an offer from Warwick :smile: still waiting on Durham though. Has anyone heard from Durham?

Does anyone have any input on Durham vs Warwick???

Depends what you're looking for.
Economics alongside maths is one of Warwicks strongest departments.

If your not sure just go to the open days and choose which one is the best suited for you.
Reply 8695
Original post by ihategeography

i think u should get in. my mistake was the a levels choices. they said i ddnt ahve a range wide enough of a levels so i guess that economics instead of spanish would have been enough to get me in. ur choices r fine and ur prediceted grades r good enough. if ur ps was sick im sure ull get the offer. keep it real mate, i hope u get in... :wink:
To anyone who went to the open day on Wednesday, have you had your offer come through on UCAS?
Original post by borch
i think u should get in. my mistake was the a levels choices. they said i ddnt ahve a range wide enough of a levels so i guess that economics instead of spanish would have been enough to get me in. ur choices r fine and ur prediceted grades r good enough. if ur ps was sick im sure ull get the offer. keep it real mate, i hope u get in... :wink:

I know a guy with AABB at AS level and A*AA predictions and he has an offer, its not all about A*s. Just saying.
Original post by Purehakkai
To anyone who went to the open day on Wednesday, have you had your offer come through on UCAS?

If you attended an offer open day on Wed , usually expect UCAS to be updated in two weeks time...
GCSEs were 8A* and 2A.
At AS I got 4 As, all 95%+

I'm guessing you're still waiting for a decision?

Yeah, wow well done once again!I suppose that means they haven't got to the people with normal gcses yet then...

Latest

Trending

Trending