The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
Current students , can you confirm that dissection will be in the curriculum from next year?
Can I mention it if they ask me on the interview??
Original post by andioula
Current students , can you confirm that dissection will be in the curriculum from next year?
Can I mention it if they ask me on the interview??

Yes and yes
Reply 4082
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Yes and yes

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
Infact I wouldnt even have to move at all for Barts.

Do you have Sky Sports? I will really need somewhere to watch the footie :arsenal:

Original post by itsabreeze
Do you have Sky Sports? I will really need somewhere to watch the footie :arsenal:

Haha, I sadly don't. Too expensive for a dawg like myself
Barts is my first choice.

I was wondering whether I schould continue with 4A2's instead of dropping 1 subject, just to increase my UCAS points.

Is it worth doing 4A2's just because it favours a uni's application system?

I also would like to know whether someone with 4A* at A2 = 560ucas points is favoured more than someone with 1A* and 3As in A2 and 1 a in AS hence 5 subjects = 560
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4086
Original post by Giggy88

I was wondering whether I schould continue with 4A2's instead of dropping 1 subject, just to increase my UCAS points.

I also would like to know whether someone with 4A* at A2 = 560ucas points is favoured more than someone with 1A* and 3As in A2 and 1 a in AS hence 5 subjects = 560

As far as I know, No as your tariff is the same either way and you meet the academic requirements in both cases too
Reply 4087
This time next week some could potentially hold offers(or rejections).scary and about time.
Reply 4088
Original post by Tripo
This time next week some could potentially hold offers(or rejections).scary and about time.

:eek::confused::s-smilie::frown::cool:

I dunno how I really feel about that... want to desperately know but if it's a rejection, I'll be crushedd ://
I have got the UCAS app so now i can obsessively check track even when away from a computer!! Hurry up Barts!!
Original post by Brownies_are_yummy
I have got the UCAS app so now i can obsessively check track even when away from a computer!! Hurry up Barts!!

Haha! Same :smile:

Although when you get an email saying track has updated and you go to your UCAS app, only to find you've lost 3G connection! The snail like speed connection feels like an eternity, I tell you.
Reply 4091
Original post by Giggy88

I'm contacted barts last week about a similar question relating to 2013-14 entry. From what I have understood there may be changes made to the current system so it's better to hold the decision making until the open day.
Original post by Brownies_are_yummy

Thanks for telling me there's a UCAS app :tongue: *downloads furiously*
Reply 4093
Im going to make the prediction that grads for the A100 are going to hear on the 1/2 march this week. Then gap year and school leavers the following week.
I predict school leavers will hear back the early days of the 2nd week of March :erm:
I reckon they should take applicants on a traipse around some East London estates or 'urban' GP shops, or even a walk around Newham or the Homerton should put things into perspective!
Reply 4096
I think we see the first offers around 5th March for grads and about 8th March for undergrads (OMG RESULTS DAY :eek:).

Original post by ViceVersa
I predict school leavers will hear back the early days of the 2nd week of March :erm:

Congratz on the offer (just saw in sig) have any idea which uni you're going to firm.
Reply 4097
Original post by digitalis
I reckon they should take applicants on a traipse around some East London estates or 'urban' GP shops, or even a walk around Newham or the Homerton should put things into perspective!

Would make it easier for me to get an offer then :ahee: As I doubt I'm going to be getting one at the moment :sad:
Original post by Revent
Would make it easier for me to get an offer then :ahee: As I doubt I'm going to be getting one at the moment :sad:

Mate, might make you do a runner and get on the first train to anywhere out of there.
Original post by rohitbd
I think we see the first offers around 5th March for grads and about 8th March for undergrads (OMG RESULTS DAY :eek:).

8th of March is early 2nd week of March :yes: I think those are good predictions :yep: and ergh Results Day, the day I book in for 1 or 2 resits! :shiftyrun:

Congratz on the offer (just saw in sig) have any idea which uni you're going to firm.

Thanks :biggrin: And people keep asking me that all week, but I do doubt my ability to get a BL offer so I haven't really pondered on it too much. If you're talking in terms of IF I do, well I've always thought I'd known the answer to that but I'm not sure. Still not pondering on it though until I know though, as that'll be a waste of time :no: Congrats on the Offer too btw :h:

Original post by Revent

I think you will :hugs:

Original post by digitalis
Mate, might make you do a runner and get on the first train to anywhere out of there.

How so? :curious:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending