The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by FlowerPowerPuff
i only found out this morning,not sure if i am keeping it.I probably will end up keeping it.

I dont think they need to know unless they give me an offer

yeah i think your right i would treat your interview as you were going to before and if you get an offer and you have decided what to do then inform them and take it from there. oh and good luck with your interview and your future plans :smile:
Original post by ishy555
yeah i think your right i would treat your interview as you were going to before and if you get an offer and you have decided what to do then inform them and take it from there. oh and good luck with your interview and your future plans :smile:

Thank you.

Good luck with your aplication and future plans
Reply 2102
So I had an interview and the wait to find the result is killing me! I feel I must have ruined my chances by speaking really fast! I hope I answered the questions properly. How will they mark a person? Would they favour a calm person over somone who was really really nervous?
Original post by mashalli
So I had an interview and the wait to find the result is killing me! I feel I must have ruined my chances by speaking really fast! I hope I answered the questions properly. How will they mark a person? Would they favour a calm person over somone who was really really nervous?

I think they appreciate the fact that nearly everyone will be nervous. Chances of someone being calm is low (there are people out there who can be calm in the most stressful situations) so remember, you'll be up against people who were just as nervous as you were. Hang in there! I'm sure they liked you! :gthumb:

Man, I feel so bad for attacking Southampton earlier. I think I was angry with myself more than anything and I unfortunately displaced that on the admissions process. Sorry admissions team and sorry for the well-deserved applicants with interviews/offers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by shooby_doo
Oh i see
But if they give out offers early to the best applicants, do they not give them interviews first for the early offer in the first place?

If that makes sense...

no....interviews are given out simply in order of where you come in the batch of personal statements those particular markers have
Reply 2105
There has never been two successful applicants from the same Sixth Form/College, has there?
Original post by Cerebrum
There has never been two successful applicants from the same Sixth Form/College, has there?

I dont see why there couldn't have been.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My interview was on the 15th of feb! Bloody quick that was!
BUT AHHHHHHHHHH I am literally shaking O_O!
Reply 2108

Wow! your offer came quickly... well done :smile:
Original post by jcb123
Wow! your offer came quickly... well done :smile:

Yah ik!
I was expecting like a months wait .. so when i got the track update .. i was full on sure that it was a rejection ...

Congratulations! :biggrin: You will get a like welcome pack soon sent in the post soon :smile:

Congrats!! :smile:

God, I'm even more nervous for my interview now ... 4 days to go! :shock:
Original post by Ally312

aaaarghhhh! don't remind me!
Original post by Ally312

Dont be! , and good luckkk!
Reply 2114
When in march will everyone hear? Also when is the a-level january results being released?
Reply 2115
When in march will everyone hear? Also when is the a-level january results being released?

Results are out on 8th March, under 2 weeks! :s-smilie:
Reply 2116
I've been told we won't hear now until after the last interview date which is 28th March. So that's only a three and a half month wait for some of us:smile:
Reply 2117
Original post by Skyeblu
I've been told we won't hear now until after the last interview date which is 28th March. So that's only a three and a half month wait for some of us:smile:

Woah that's a long wait...how do you think your interview went?
Anybody not heard anything at all?
I have not had an interview or rejection. Kind of worried
Reply 2119
Woah that's a long wait...how do you think your interview went?

I thought it went OK. Obviously I didn't do brilliant!

Quick Reply

Latest