The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So at this moment in time, now that the EMPA is somewhat close, how are people revising and what advice would you give to others? I’ve know people discussing a book... but what would you recommend for like task 1 and 2... Where you get similar questions??

Will be greatful for any help :smile:

Thanks and gud luk everyone :smile:
Original post by Sammy94
So at this moment in time, now that the EMPA is somewhat close, how are people revising and what advice would you give to others? I’ve know people discussing a book... but what would you recommend for like task 1 and 2... Where you get similar questions??

Will be greatful for any help :smile:

Thanks and gud luk everyone :smile:

Have you read the specification for the EMPAs?
Reply 42
Original post by NutterFrutter
Have you read the specification for the EMPAs?

Well... I have but, it didn’t really help me... what exactly am i trying to get from the spec??
(Sorry for sounding so dumb) :smile:
:confused:
Original post by DoaaK
does anyone know where we can find last years paper for more practice material?

Usually, exam papers aren't made available to students until after a year post-sitting because schools and colleges use them as mocks. This is probably the case for EMPA papers too I would imagine. Your teacher will probably have access to them however, so you could ask them and they might let you have it.
my empa task 1 is on thursday and i am unsure on how to prepare. any suggestions and tips? thnx
Reply 45
just

Original post by smart girl
my empa task 1 is on thursday and i am unsure on how to prepare. any suggestions and tips? thnx

Original post by _sa
my task 1 is on thursday as well :frown:

So is mine, just revise the relevatn topic again and the different types of statistical tests?
Reply 46
Original post by _sa
Yeah we've kind of gotten hints of which statistical test we'll have to do
So that's alright tbh x

ahh what statistical test is it? i have no idea what it's going to be on :frown:
Reply 47
Have people already done tasks 1 and 2 for the empa?
Reply 48
How was task 1?
Reply 49
How's it been going everyone? Am I allowed to ask what unit is the task based on?
Reply 50
Original post by Tchernov
http://www.infoline.ru/g23/5495/sensors.htm

Fiber optic sensors, components and experimental setups for educational
and R&D laboratories.

Investigation of mechanical resonators with the aid of fiber optic
interferometer Fabry-Perot.

Hello,
I was wondering, when you give an answer to a calculation, the mark scheme has a range, yet if someone gives an answer to 2 decimal places instead of 1... Will someone loose a mark?
Oh and for an answer how much does a range vary for the answer??

I’m not sure if you would know these answers, but I would highly appreciate it :smile:
anione repeating AS EMPA?
Reply 52
i am :smile:...... my task 1 is next week :frown:
i did my a2 task 1 on thursday. its rlly easy and straightforward. how did u all find it?
Reply 54
:confused:Hey there,

Is there anyone thats doing the AS Biology EMPA as well??

really appreciate if any one replies bk.. :confused:
thank youuuu... and gud luk :smile:
Reply 55
hey,
does anyone have the june 2011 task 3 past paper and markscheme??..
Reply 56
anyone done task 2?
Has anybody done Task 2?
As anyone got some hints on what to revise topics ect. Also what are the main things (or common questions) that come up in the empa?
Reply 59
Has your Biology teacher told you about the topic?