The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Absolutley shattered and hungry. Been up since 8 canvassing so I'm going to get a second breakfast from the uni cafe, have a sleep, try to wake up after an hour then do the slides for my Cold War Presentation.
Reply 921
To do today:

Aim to write 300 words of essay
Read through 2 books and write notes
Summarise notes from news articles I have read
Marketing seminar prep
Do some of Politics seminar prep (most likely wont get done today)

I have so much to do. My to do list for the entire week is just so extensive, so I really need to get all this done today as I am a bit behind now
So far today I have:

-Gone to the gym

Shame I need to do most of an essay and some French too...
My tutorial group's reactions to the genetics past papers:

Might as well right off today. I tried and failed to wake up from my nap at 5 so I could do some work, but now its 10 past 6 and there is a drinks think in the uni pub at half 7 and I still need to eat. Ooops :/
Got another essay due this Tuesday, I doubt that I'll get it done on time :sigh:

Went to an event at my church youth group today which was fun lol :thumbsup:
Reply 926
Only done one thing on my to do list so far...Am determined to get at least halfway through it though before I go to bed..
Reply 927
Have woken up for a lovely productive day parked in the library - my friend's going to show me a mystical, comfy part of the library I haven't been to before :redface:

I've got my exam results back from last semester, and managed to get a 67 and a 68 overall last term for my two modules so I'm very pleased :h: However, this week I've had three essays and a French oral assessment due, so it's been very hectic. I completed one of the three essays last week and handed it in on Wednesday, and I started (and completed) a second yesterday within 4 hours. My library endeavours today will include working on my final essay, which is on Medieval Lit and which I believe will be on Beowulf but my mind may change :P If I get bored I shall force myself to work on my source materials for French.

I haven't been as organised as I would have liked this semester. :frown: Hopefully I can bring it back!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 928
Original post by Alexandra1234567
Got my final module marks back, for my AWFUL module that was 100% exam assessed...and got a 65! SO chuffed :woo: much better than I expected, and makes me feel less worried about this semester's 100% exam module.

Good job! :biggrin: Out of interest what was the AWFUL one, so I won't take it next year? :P
I've been useless this last week. Need to get my act together and blast my dissertation. Pity I've got lectures starting on monday 9-5 for 3 weeks... but strangely I think that will make me more productive. Anyway, I will make headway with this today. Hopefully aim to get to 1000 words but we'll see, I've got choir and food shopping to do so maybe not.
At work again tonight. I honest to God spend at least double the time I spend at uni at work. Something's not quite right with that...
Really need to have a productive afternoon. Due to going to bed rather tipsy/drunk at half 11 I've managed to get myself out of bed before 2 today, and I need to wash & dry my hair before I can start work. Got a 1,000 word source summary, due in tomorrow, its non compulsory but I was planning on doing it and I won't be around tomorrow to do it as I'm going to Parliament.
Original post by Aemiliana
At work again tonight. I honest to God spend at least double the time I spend at uni at work. Something's not quite right with that...

Can you not ask to cut down your hours?
Original post by jelly1000
Can you not ask to cut down your hours?

God God no! We have new management so I don't want to piss them off and I need the hours. I will reach breaking point fairly soon though.... But my breakdown will probably be fairly comical so it's alright.
Reply 934
No idea how my 8hr contract at work turned into 26hrs, I'm going to love payday, but right now I'm knackered :nothing:

Reminder to myself of what I need to do :cute:

- Write up all the notes I've been neglecting over the past few weeks
- continue my lab report
- start type 2 report
- go over all the stuff I've been uncertain about

Other stuff I really need to do:

- CV
- SEPnet application
- Employability module
- Diversity module

Had some free time at work so I decided to restart quantum mechanics from the beginning because I'm struggling with atomic, and figured going back to basics might help :laugh: no idea what to do today, pretty sleepy, but should probably get out of bed eventually :colondollar:
Original post by skipp
No idea how my 8hr contract at work turned into 26hrs, I'm going to love payday, but right now I'm knackered :nothing:

Reminder to myself of what I need to do :cute:

- Write up all the notes I've been neglecting over the past few weeks
- continue my lab report
- start type 2 report
- go over all the stuff I've been uncertain about

Other stuff I really need to do:

- CV
- SEPnet application
- Employability module
- Diversity module

Had some free time at work so I decided to restart quantum mechanics from the beginning because I'm struggling with atomic, and figured going back to basics might help :laugh: no idea what to do today, pretty sleepy, but should probably get out of bed eventually :colondollar:

My zero hour contract turned into 33 hours the other week. I don't think people understand what students have to do. :no:

But your payday will be far more enjoyable :hugs:
Today:

- do washing (DONE)
- write up placement log for last week
- see which paperwork I need to take to placement tomorrow to end my placement :frown: (DONE)
- do presentation notes and begin learning them (20% presentation :crazy:)
- try and do powerpoint for said presentation
- any essay reading. preferably for my civil rights essay
- essay plans for all 3 essays

This is very ambitious but I seriously need to do it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 937
To do:

-go to library and get books. There are only 1 left of each book I need so want to try get them before they are taken, plus I could do with the walk - pretty stressed out right now.
-Buy some bread, peanut butter, basic essentials.
-write 500ish words of essay (made no progress yesterday, oops)
-read one book and take notes
-Make a start on politics seminar prep

This most likely won't all get done but hopefully I will get it all completed, I really need to. So busy this week + got the stress of trying to find a decent yet cheap laptop to replace this one.
Reply 938
Original post by Aemiliana
My zero hour contract turned into 33 hours the other week. I don't think people understand what students have to do. :no:

But your payday will be far more enjoyable :hugs:

Aye, let's look forward to payday :hugs:
7 lab reports and a maths assignment. 5 days to do this, 3 nights of work, a challenging drive on little sleep (as a learner) and need to supervise an event who want to use the society urns, which may not have available power to be able to work. BRING IT ON!

Latest

Trending

Trending