The Student Room Group

Mill Hill County vs St Dom's vs Watford Grammar

Hey All,

I hope you all got the results you wanted and are happy with them :smile: I got offers from Mill Hill County High School, St Dominic's Sixth form college and Watford Grammar Boys school and am unsure where to go. I know you may think I am being silly but I am really stuck. Need help with the choice please. Also wanted to know what they are like for unis and how they help you?

Any advice and help would be appreciated from anyone

Thank you so much fellow TSRians.

Nick:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you're OK with a boys school, WGBS is the best but St Doms is still great. Personally I would go for St Doms out of all those. I'd take either over MHC.
St Dom's is pretty good, I have friends who went there.
Reply 3
Original post by tooosh
If you're OK with a boys school, WGBS is the best but St Doms is still great. Personally I would go for St Doms out of all those. I'd take either over MHC.

Hi

Why would you rule out MHC straight away just out of interest? I have never been to a boys school whats it like :P
Reply 4
Original post by NICK-MARSHALL
Hi

Why would you rule out MHC straight away just out of interest? I have never been to a boys school whats it like :P

I don't know specifics but MHC isn't as strong at sixth form as it is at foundation. And I recommend you avoid going to a boys' school at all costs but some people don't have a problem in it. It just depends whether you already know girls out of school or make friends with people in your school who know other girls well.
Yeah, I've applied for those 3 there my top picks but I've got a reply from St Doms for an interview and a reply from MHC saying they've recieved my application but i was thinking the same thing if i get offered these which ones will i pick. It's gonna be a toughie...-_-
Reply 6
It also depends on what you want to do at A-Level, because different schools have different strengths. I go to WBGS and i hope to stay at this school, it is a good school especially if you wish to do Modern foreign languages. The head of MFL is very good and generally they have a very good reputation in the school, also the Economics department is top class. There are no such weaknesses in the school and each department is good in its own way. I would recommend going to wbgs :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by shyamshah
It also depends on what you want to do at A-Level, because different schools have different strengths. I go to WBGS and i hope to stay at this school, it is a good school especially if you wish to do Modern foreign languages. The head of MFL is very good and generally they have a very good reputation in the school, also the Economics department is top class. There are no such weaknesses in the school and each department is good in its own way. I would recommend going to wbgs :smile:

This is a bit off topic bt do u know anything about WGGS bcoz i applied there for 6th form and not sure whether it is a friendly sch:s-smilie: Thnx
Reply 8
Original post by pinkchoclatemad
Yeah, I've applied for those 3 there my top picks but I've got a reply from St Doms for an interview and a reply from MHC saying they've recieved my application but i was thinking the same thing if i get offered these which ones will i pick. It's gonna be a toughie...-_-

I applied for St Doms and WGGS as well. Not sure where I will go to if I get offers 4 both St Doms and WGGS. I didnt go 2 the open day so hv no clue what WGGS is like bt I dont want 2 wear a sch uniform or go 2 a girls sch!
Original post by surb2pin
This is a bit off topic bt do u know anything about WGGS bcoz i applied there for 6th form and not sure whether it is a friendly sch:s-smilie: Thnx

Its fairly easy going in terms of people, but you like never get days off for snow or anything haha.
Reply 10
Original post by Emissionspectra
Its fairly easy going in terms of people, but you like never get days off for snow or anything haha.

Thats gd 2 know, just worried about joining a sch really l8 when every1's friendhip groups hv already been formed. I never get days off for snow in my sch anywy so will b nothing new. LOL :smile:
Thats gd 2 know, just worried about joining a sch really l8 when every1's friendhip groups hv already been formed. I never get days off for snow in my sch anywy so will b nothing new. LOL :smile:

What year are you joining in?
mhchs is strong at A-levels, why don't you wanna go there?
Reply 13
What year are you joining in?

I dont know if i'll be going there yet bt I applied 4 a place 4 6th form
Reply 14
Original post by NICK-MARSHALL
Hi

Original post by tooosh
I don't know specifics but MHC isn't as strong at sixth form as it is at foundation. And I recommend you avoid going to a boys' school at all costs but some people don't have a problem in it. It just depends whether you already know girls out of school or make friends with people in your school who know other girls well.

Mill Hill County isn't a boys' school. Are you confusing it with Mill Hill School?

Which isn't a boys' school, either.
I dont know if i'll be going there yet bt I applied 4 a place 4 6th form

Fair enough I go Watford Boys :P
Reply 16
Fair enough I go Watford Boys :P

kl. R u in the 6th form coz I heard that if subjects r not offered in WGGS u can do them in WGBS. :smile:
kl. R u in the 6th form coz I heard that if subjects r not offered in WGGS u can do them in WGBS. :smile:

Ye, and ye you can :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Clip
Mill Hill County isn't a boys' school. Are you confusing it with Mill Hill School?

Which isn't a boys' school, either.

I was referring to WGBS after MHC.
I go to St.Doms & I love it there!
All the teachers are so helpful and friendly, the college itself does alot to help you with your subjects and uni and they've got lots of opportunities for extra curricular things too so Doms is deffo recommended by me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending