Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

The DFID one year graduate scheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody applied to this? Would be interested to know! If not, go and check it out-it looks pretty interesting!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've had my app sitting on my desktop for over a month now, it sounds pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely of interest, I still haven't done the application though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Yeah definitely of interest, I still haven't done the application though!
    Did you apply to fast stream as well/ get the app done, it looks amazing!! x

ReputationRep:
    I too have had the application saved on my desktop for quite some time now. Incidentally, was anyone here on the ICS scheme sponored by DfID?

ReputationRep:
    I have almost finished the application. It's pretty difficult to actually fit the answers to the competency questions within 200 words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP1989)
    I too have had the application saved on my desktop for quite some time now. Incidentally, was anyone here on the ICS scheme sponored by DfID?
    *sponsored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    I have almost finished the application. It's pretty difficult to actually fit the answers to the competency questions within 200 words.
    i really struggled with the 200 word limit. Any idea when we're going to start hearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_flower)
    i really struggled with the 200 word limit. Any idea when we're going to start hearing?
    No idea, I got a confirmation email the other day.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    DFID?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    DFID?
    Department for International Development.

You're the leader of the TSR Conservative Party?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    "TSR Conservatives - Too good for government departments"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP1989)
    Department for International Development.

You're the leader of the TSR Conservative Party?
    We don't abbreviate it, hence why i was unsure.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applied for this? Submitted my application form today, but haven't had a confirmation email or anything yet.

Do confirmation emails generally get sent out automatically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monthen)
    Anyone else applied for this? Submitted my application form today, but haven't had a confirmation email or anything yet.

Do confirmation emails generally get sent out automatically?
    Not automatically but they've certainly confirmed my application.

ReputationRep:
    OK, thanks. Roughly how long after you submitted it did you get confirmation? I'm slightly concerned as I submitted it yesterday, on time, but have yet to hear from DFID that the application's been received.

I imagine it's fine, and that they just had a flurry of last-minute applications to deal with, but want to make sure it hasn't been lost in the ether....

ReputationRep:
    OK, thanks. Roughly how long after you submitted it did you get confirmation? I'm slightly concerned as I submitted it yesterday, on time, but have yet to hear from DFID that the application's been received.

I imagine it's fine, and that they just had a flurry of last-minute applications to deal with, but want to make sure it hasn't been lost in the ether....
    I got mine two days after submission.

ReputationRep:
    when was the deadline? Do you think we'll start to hear things from them soon?

ReputationRep:
    The deadline was yesterday at midnight, I think. They did say that they've had 'a large number of applications' (though they all say that), so I suppose it might take a while to hear anything back.

Was quite a struggle getting some of the responses down to 100/200 words...

ReputationRep:
    The deadline was yesterday at midnight, I think. They did say that they've had 'a large number of applications' (though they all say that), so I suppose it might take a while to hear anything back.

Was quite a struggle getting some of the responses down to 100/200 words...
    Well, the first AC is next month so they must be getting back to the first cohort soon I should think.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.