The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Original post by bpbp
Based on experience, which one is better? iphone or blackberry? considering one of the two...

blackberry used to be common in uk. nowadays alot of people using iphone... i only used iphone before, like it and will continue using it.
Original post by bpbp
Based on experience, which one is better? iphone or blackberry? considering one of the two...

Blackberry's great if you write a lot on your phone.... so if you write a ton of emails, or like to send lengthy messages, get a blackberry.

Iphone's more user-friendly though... and apps are more readily available.

I used to use a blackberry because I would write short essays and things like that the minute before they were due. Then I could simply email myself a version, correct the spellings, then submit them through a computer.

If you don't plan on doing that, however, I would suggest an iPhone. :wink:
Reply 3082
Original post by theil
Galaxy note for the win!

It's so big though - not for everyone!
Reply 3083
Original post by perpend
It's so big though - not for everyone!

Yeah, i like something more portable and light :tongue:
Original post by jonobebe
yes i know its very early and my parents cant stand me too lol!
if my contract starts 2 days before sch term i am really going to freak out!!! so worried that i couldnt finish settle the admin stuffs!

So you seriously started packing? WOAH!
Yeah, I guess maybe I don't see the negative side of going so late, but I'll probably have to go earlier, it makes more sense.
Reply 3085
Original post by whitelily29
So you seriously started packing? WOAH!
Yeah, I guess maybe I don't see the negative side of going so late, but I'll probably have to go earlier, it makes more sense.

since u are going in june, probably u can try to settle some stuffs first. u get to familarize the place too so u might need lesser time in future, the 2 days might be just nice :smile:
since u are going in june, probably u can try to settle some stuffs first. u get to familarize the place too so u might need lesser time in future, the 2 days might be just nice :smile:

I'll probably do just that. I'm hoping that all the places I need to access frequently are within walking distance. I think that's really my greatest wish (:
When do most people go to universities? As in, a few days before it starts? A week in advance? A month in advance?

I honestly don't know when I should fly there! :s-smilie:
Reply 3088
I'll probably do just that. I'm hoping that all the places I need to access frequently are within walking distance. I think that's really my greatest wish (:

I think being in london accessibility should be generally fine. Things like atm, newstand, cooked food, bakery are available in my uni, which most probably would be available in yours too.
Reply 3089
Original post by ofssinfoxes
When do most people go to universities? As in, a few days before it starts? A week in advance? A month in advance?

I honestly don't know when I should fly there! :s-smilie:

My accomodation contract will start on 1st sept, school in the week of 10-14 sept. most probably i will leave sg on 31st august. If i am not wrong the flight should be 17hours. U would need to calculate your time well as u might need a train or bus to campus. My friend got the time wrong and arrived at 4am.

If your uni provides shuttle service, then u would have to see what time will your shuttle bus arrive. Some of my friends' uni have it 1 week before sch, some just the weekend before.
I think being in london accessibility should be generally fine. Things like atm, newstand, cooked food, bakery are available in my uni, which most probably would be available in yours too.

Hope so too! (:
Gee, talking to you makes me excited about school.
Reply 3091
Hope so too! (:
Gee, talking to you makes me excited about school.

me too! cant wait for sch to start!!! and i love talking to u! :smile:
me too! cant wait for sch to start!!! and i love talking to u! :smile:

Where do you go to? JC or poly?
Reply 3093
Where do you go to? JC or poly?

poly
Any one else going to Manchester in sept?
Reply 3095
Original post by iamlovinit05
Any one else going to Manchester in sept?

hard to find anyone else going same place right? i understand...
LoL!!
Original post by bpbp
hard to find anyone else going same place right? i understand...

Yea true. I dont wanna end up flying more then 12 hours alone! haha
Reply 3098
Original post by iamlovinit05
Yea true. I dont wanna end up flying more then 12 hours alone! haha

I think there's a singapore manchester society? Can meet people going to manchester there also.
I got an offer from SOAS and Manchester for Economics & Politics. Which should I choose?

Quick Reply

Latest