The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what's all this news about htc revealing something today? ice cream sandwich 4.0 for some htc phones?
Also, wondering about Wolfram Alpha. The website allows you to input equations using a camera, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it on the android app. Anyone know if it's coming soon or anything?
Latest update of the Chrome browser is really nice. It flies along now. :biggrin:
The HTC One X looks a beast. I wonder what it's dimensions are.

32gb non expandable memory and 1800mah battery though. With that big 4.7" screen to run I can imagine it will be worse than my SGS2 which is average. HTC have always been poor battery-wise. Very nice looking from initial pics. Polycarbonate has been made cool by Nokia.
dat spec sheet :sogood:
Original post by silent ninja
The HTC One X looks a beast. I wonder what it's dimensions are.

32gb non expandable memory and 1800mah battery though. With that big 4.7" screen to run I can imagine it will be worse than my SGS2 which is average. HTC have always been poor battery-wise. Very nice looking from initial pics. Polycarbonate has been made cool by Nokia.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the camera sticking out of the phone like that, but I'm liking the look of its build quality. Seems far better than the rather plasticky GSII to be honest, but then that's HTC for you.
Dem specs hnnnnngggggggg

ZTE is coming out with ridiculous ish as well
My phone looks like a total POS right now :nothing:
Original post by G8D
I wish more new HTCs had the Hero chin. Why save if for the least impressive of the 3 ones? :nothing:

ikr?!

The One V looks a bit weird to me though, I think it's too long/tall. And I don't know if I could get used to having 3 buttons instead of the 6 I have now :s-smilie:
Reply 6929
Why can't I move some of my apps, like facebook, to my SD card. I have at HTC explorer so internal memory is abysmal - Ithought this would be alright if I bought a big SD card (which I have) but my internal memory is so small I can't download some of the bigger games onto my phone at all...
Reply 6930
Original post by tory88
Why can't I move some of my apps, like facebook, to my SD card. I have at HTC explorer so internal memory is abysmal - Ithought this would be alright if I bought a big SD card (which I have) but my internal memory is so small I can't download some of the bigger games onto my phone at all...

It's down to the developers to decide which apps can be moved to external storage, and unfortunately not all developers have begun to adopt this yet. However, there is a way (albeit a little more complicated than I would have hoped) to make all apps install to external storage by default (and unlocks the ability to move those already installed that the developers hasn't allowed).

The main issue this can cause though, is that the SD card isn't available immediately on boot up, so some of the apps will fail to load on start up, in particular if you use widgets for them, they won't load.

But if that isn't a problem for you, you can follow the instructions here that I followed: http://androinica.com/2010/08/how-to-install-apps-to-the-sd-card-by-default-on-android-2-2-froyo/
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Dem specs hnnnnngggggggg

ZTE is coming out with ridiculous ish as well

They do seem some really nice phones from ZTE

Original post by G8D
I really want the onex.

Shame it comes with Beats buds.

HTC Is Definitely Back in the game Now Tho. They Look like Some Seriously nice Phones :-)
Finally downloaded ICS on my Galaxy SII. A few questions;

1. I feel a little underwhelmed, it seems very similar with few real changes. Am I missing something or is this it? Are there any stand out features I should try?
2. I rooted my phone, and then I installed ICS. Installing ICS seemed to remove the root, should I just root it again or does root have to be embedded in the ROM I'm using?

Oh and does anyone know which CM9 beta for Galaxy SII is most reliable (if there even is one)? I've tried googling but had little luck.
Original post by mikeyd85
Latest update of the Chrome browser is really nice. It flies along now. :biggrin:

Keeps force closing on my Galaxy S2. Seems to be a common problem according to reviews.
Is it me, or just Go Launcher run alot smoother then Touch Wiz?
Original post by hassi94
Finally downloaded ICS on my Galaxy SII. A few questions;

1. I feel a little underwhelmed, it seems very similar with few real changes. Am I missing something or is this it? Are there any stand out features I should try?

Really?
I am mildly excited about it. My phone is unbranded so I hope the Samsung update comes a bit quickly via direct channels than it does via the network. Rumour has it it will be out 1 March but that's tomorrow and let's say I'm pessimistic about that.
Reply 6936
Really?
I am mildly excited about it. My phone is unbranded so I hope the Samsung update comes a bit quickly via direct channels than it does via the network. Rumour has it it will be out 1 March but that's tomorrow and let's say I'm pessimistic about that.

It's a leap year this year :wink:
Really?

Yeah I was excited too but it's been so long I forget why. It seemed quite disappointing to me. My phone's unbranded too but I thought I'd just go for it.

I've now found CyanogenMod 9 for my SII and it works great - feels a lot 'newer' than ICS on its own did, and has many more improvements + rooted. I'm happy now :smile:
Original post by hobo06
It's a leap year this year :wink:

lol I totally forgot. I remember back on New Year's Eve I reminded everyone, "You do know it's a leap year right???" And now here I am not having a clue! My neighbour was born on 29 Feb, that makes her an 8 year old grown woman.

Original post by hassi94
Yeah I was excited too but it's been so long I forget why. It seemed quite disappointing to me. My phone's unbranded too but I thought I'd just go for it.

I've now found CyanogenMod 9 for my SII and it works great - feels a lot 'newer' than ICS on its own did, and has many more improvements + rooted. I'm happy now :smile:

You've put a dampener on things lol
So far I've not rooted it. The only reason I rooted my older phones was to make them faster via custom ROMs. But I haven't experienced a hint of slowdown on stock so I haven't bothered.
(edited 12 years ago)
So far I've not rooted it. The only reason I rooted my older phones was to make them faster via custom ROMs. But I haven't experienced a hint of slowdown on stock so I haven't bothered.

Yeah same, I may root to get JellyBean next year or so but at the moment I'm happy keeping everything as it is with everything just working.

Latest

Trending

Trending