The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciccina
Six months gone!!! Woohooo!!! Next month I'll be in his arms! Only for a week, but still:woo::woo::woo::woohoo::woohoo:

Whoa, you haven't seen each other for six months!?
Original post by Sazzy890
Awww :hugs:

I know this feeling :sad: Last weekend in particular I started tearing up at the train station, then he did and then when I got on the train I burst into tears for about 5 minutes :ninja: it then occurred to me that I need to pull myself together as it was only 6 days til I'd see him again :laugh:

Distance sucks though!

It totally does :hugs:

Aww it's awful isn't it :console: pretty much the same thing happened to me yesterday! so thanks for making me feel like I'm not being crazy :tongue: just couldn't stop myself from crying and probably looked very strange walking home all teary, then remembering I'd only have to wait till Friday to see him again :colondollar:

I think it's just getting frustrated over not being able to just see him whenever really that's making me all sad :sad: but also why I feel a bit guilty complaining so much because there's people on here especially who see their bf/gf a lot less and make less of a fuss :ninja:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ktlaurenroe

Aww it's awful isn't it :console: pretty much the same thing happened to me yesterday! so thanks for making me feel like I'm not being crazy :tongue: just couldn't stop myself from crying and probably looked very strange walking home all teary, then remembering I'd only have to wait till Friday to see him again :colondollar:

I think it's just getting frustrated over not being able to just see him whenever really that's making me all sad :sad: but also why I feel a bit guilty complaining so much because there's people on here especially who see their bf/gf a lot less and make less of a fuss :ninja:

Awww. Well if you ever need someone to vent to, my inbox is always open... chances are I'd be moping about the same thing so it's good to vent :yep: (well I'm usually quite good but some days I do feel a little bit emotional - VERY emotional on the day he or I has to leave though)

I think it's just the fact you can't do simple things that other couples can like nip round for a cuppa, or have a cuddle at the end of a hard day during the week.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7303
Original post by such_a_lady
Whoa, you haven't seen each other for six months!?

Yes :rolleyes: and this last month I've been missing him so much. Unfortunately we're unable to schedule 'fixed' meetings due to work/uni, and I whine most of the time :rolleyes:

I'm actually praying that some magical twist of fate will bring us both in the same town after the summer...but being realistic, I don't see that coming soon :redface: but heh, let me dream :redface:
Awww. Well if you ever need someone to vent to, my inbox is always open... chances are I'd be moping about the same thing so it's good to vent :yep: (well I'm usually quite good but some days I do feel a little bit emotional - VERY emotional on the day he or I has to leave though)

I think it's just the fact you can't do simple things that other couples can like nip round for a cuppa, or have a cuddle at the end of a hard day during the week.

Thank youuu Sazzy :h:

Everything you've said is basically exactly how I feel with it all really :redface:
Thank youuu Sazzy :h:

Everything you've said is basically exactly how I feel with it all really :redface:

You just need to remind yourself that it won't be long til you're in each others arms again and that will keep you going :biggrin: I literally count down my week. Everyday I work I think "the harder I work, the quicker the time goes and the sooner I am with my man again" :h:

I'm not suggesting to live in the future or to plan too far ahead but it's also nice to have a daydream and think "there won't be distance between us forever", perhaps you'd move closer eventually :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ciccina
Yes :rolleyes: and this last month I've been missing him so much. Unfortunately we're unable to schedule 'fixed' meetings due to work/uni, and I whine most of the time :rolleyes:

I'm actually praying that some magical twist of fate will bring us both in the same town after the summer...but being realistic, I don't see that coming soon :redface: but heh, let me dream :redface:

This is sad :frown: how have you survived 6 months?
How far apart are you?
I'm not suggesting to live in the future or to plan too far ahead but it's also nice to have a daydream and think "there won't be distance between us forever", perhaps you'd move closer eventually :biggrin:

That's exactly what helps me :smile: Right from the start, my boyfriend and I have always been a bit odd and have casually managed to plan our entire future in alarming detail. Phrases like "when we're married..." are common (he started it!) and we've even had full-blown arguments over name changes and the number of kids :lol: But in the end, although it's crazy and unrealistic, it gives me something to hope for and work for, even when the relationship's at its lowest point.

Sorry to keep interrupting btw :tongue:
You just need to remind yourself that it won't be long til you're in each others arms again and that will keep you going :biggrin: I literally count down my week. Everyday I work I think "the harder I work, the quicker the time goes and the sooner I am with my man again" :h:

Yeaah, good idea! :h: will have to work on actually working harder haha, I usually just try and get things over with to look forward to the weekend :ninja:

Thanks again :hugs:
Original post by such_a_lady
That's exactly what helps me :smile: Right from the start, my boyfriend and I have always been a bit odd and have casually managed to plan our entire future in alarming detail. Phrases like "when we're married..." are common (he started it!) and we've even had full-blown arguments over name changes and the number of kids :lol: But in the end, although it's crazy and unrealistic, it gives me something to hope for and work for, even when the relationship's at its lowest point.

Sorry to keep interrupting btw :tongue:

Haha, no problem at all, don't worry! :tongue:

Aww that's lovely though :h: I don't think I'd want to go into too much detail like that with my man though as I don't want to scare him off :laugh: I have mentioned a few times though about wanting to live closer. It's not that I'm living in the future but I don't want to be LDR forever and I do take our relationship seriously, I'd like to believe that we will still be together in a years time and thinking about cutting out the distance. :smile: But yeah, as you say it's something to aim for, but I certainly don't want to focus on that *too* much as I want to live in the present as well, and enjoy our current time together :h:

Yeaah, good idea! :h: will have to work on actually working harder haha, I usually just try and get things over with to look forward to the weekend :ninja:

Thanks again :hugs:

That's fine :hugs: It's surprising how quick the days go when you work even harder, before you know it you'll be with each other again! :tongue:
Reply 7310
Original post by Ciccina

I know exactly how you feel!! :hugs:

My boyfriend and I once didn't see each other for an entire year :frown: It was so painful! LDR + uni.. made it impossible to see each other. Luckily now we see each other about every month.

I hope you two manage to get closer together very soon! Sometimes it can feel so unbearable..
Reply 7311
I'm ridiculously lucky - I see my boyfriend every weekend - but after a hellish year abroad in 2009/10, I still cry every time he leaves me at the station. :colondollar:
I would just like to say how disappointed I am in this thread at the moment. I've been through a really tough time with my boyfriend for the past two weeks, and I came here for advice because I was feeling heartbroken and don't have anyone around to talk to at the moment. I posted two or three times anonymously in the hope someone could give me some advice and encouragement, and didn't get a single reply. I guess you're all too busy helping other people!

I realise not every post is going to get a reply, but can we try to help everyone who comes looking for it? I regularly contribute to this thread and give advice, but didn't get the same in return. I don't have many friends who I can go to for advice, and they're all unavailable at the moment, so in some cases like mine, this thread is a really valuable source of support - even if it is from people I don't know on the internet.

That's all I wanted to say. I'm sorry for having a moan but this thread is supposed to help people, and someone shouldn't be ignored when they post several times looking for advice.
Reply 7313
Original post by Anonymous
I would just like to say how disappointed I am in this thread at the moment. I've been through a really tough time with my boyfriend for the past two weeks, and I came here for advice because I was feeling heartbroken and don't have anyone around to talk to at the moment. I posted two or three times anonymously in the hope someone could give me some advice and encouragement, and didn't get a single reply. I guess you're all too busy helping other people!

I realise not every post is going to get a reply, but can we try to help everyone who comes looking for it? I regularly contribute to this thread and give advice, but didn't get the same in return. I don't have many friends who I can go to for advice, and they're all unavailable at the moment, so in some cases like mine, this thread is a really valuable source of support - even if it is from people I don't know on the internet.

That's all I wanted to say. I'm sorry for having a moan but this thread is supposed to help people, and someone shouldn't be ignored when they post several times looking for advice.

Sorry that happened to you :frown:

Why don't you post it again? Sometimes the thread moves really quickly and other times we just don't know the answer. At least that's how I feel sometimes, I guess I can only really speak for myself.

I'm sorry you feel this way :sad: Could you repost it?

It may be that we don't know what to say rather than people not wanting to help you
Reply 7315
Ok so I posted this earlier in the week, but I could do with some more advice. I don't really have anyone to talk to right now. :frown:

So it's three days since we broke up, I haven't spoken to him since the first day, and I don't know what to do with myself. I've been trying to take my mind off it by doing things with friends, but the fact is I just feel completely ****. It doesn't help that my best friend is going back to his home country and I saw him for the last time yesterday. The other best friend is off on a trip for the next two weeks, so I feel so completely alone. :frown:

I am going away for a few days by myself to visit a friend, so I am just hoping that I can forget about this an enjoy it. Then after that it's only a week until I fly home and can sort it out in person.

I don't think I've ever been so heartbroken before. I know the right thing to do is to move on, but right now it hurts so much to think about.

Can anyone offer me a few comforting words and some advice on how to get through this?

Is this the post you are referring to? because someone did offer advice and comforting words. Sometimes its hard to know what to say with posts like this because ultimately its going to hurt like hell because you've lost someone you love.

My advice is to keep busy but do allow yourself to cry over it (as long as its not all day every day). Block him from facebook and your phone, don't speak to him until you feel able to and when you do (if you do) do it on your terms as sometimes it's needed for closure. You're in a different country, go exploring take random visits to random places anything to take your mind off of it.

If you're worrying you've done the wrong thing thats natural but you have to think about the fact that what he did was hurtful, if you feel you can forgive him and it will change (i.e wont happen again) then give him another chance if however you can't forgive and forget and feel it would then there is no point trying to make it work because ultimately the reason you broke up will rear its head again.

Sorry you've had a negative experience of this thread. When you're posting anon we don't necessarily know you've posted about the same thing several times. We do try to help everyone looking for help, just like you do when you're not anon. I know, like sazzy said, there have been a few anon posts recently where I haven't really known what to say, so maybe repost it because we are all here for you even if it doesn't feel like it, we're here to support each other :smile:
Reply 7317
Original post by caseyhayes
This is sad :frown: how have you survived 6 months?
How far apart are you?

Hi :smile:

I guess you get used to it:tongue: although we did have a rough time for a while. We are about two thousand miles away, and it gets very expensive to see one another. I'm usually the one to travel, and it is starting to make me very tired...

also seeing you guys on here, seeing your partners every week/two weeks reminds me of what I don't have :redface: I won't lie, it's pretty hard and it's getting me wondering :redface: but again, my situation is really a peculiar one :redface:
Reply 7318
Original post by tripsis
I know exactly how you feel!! :hugs:

My boyfriend and I once didn't see each other for an entire year :frown: It was so painful! LDR + uni.. made it impossible to see each other. Luckily now we see each other about every month.

I hope you two manage to get closer together very soon! Sometimes it can feel so unbearable..

Hii,

that sucks! :hugs: Yes, it does feel unbearable...also, he's very laid back, so to say, he is usually very calm whatever happens, if we can't see each other he's fine with that...and now I'm starting to think that maybe he in reality is very comfortable with this situation as it is...he leads his life, spends his time how he wants, sees his friends, it's all very convenient. But where does that leave me?

Sorry guys, I'm really not at my best today. It's just he's been very lax these past days and I'm feeling let down :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Awww :hugs: I can't imagine how that'd feel. I find even two weeks too long :cry2:

Its five between when i last her and when i will next saw her, less that two weeks now, :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

then im over there for a week just before Easter

then its gonna be August unless i get over there for a weekend at somepoint as she wont have a passport as its getting renewed and that will take a few weeks.

Im as bad and im a bloke, so feel free to message me whenever

This defiently. I have days where i miss her so much it hurts others where i just want to see her and others where just to get a text off her makes me bounce round the room.

but shes always on my mind, always there.

Latest

Trending

Trending