The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I was thinking more of an 'underdog' team, would be fun to follow.

I agree with Scott.

Follow the team that picks RG3. You will have one of the most exciting teams in football for years to come.
Original post by Blaah Blaah
As for the daft, I think the Browns have a good shot at RGIII. If the Rams trade down to the Redskins at 6 then they lose Kalil, and he's a perfect fit for them right now. They also probably miss Blackmon, who still has question marks but is still a great fit for them. The Rams need a strong draft, so they need to stay at 2 or trade with the Browns to 4 and a few extra picks. That's what I hope happens anyway. The Vikings are a bit more of a wildcard - if the Rams stay put then the Vikings might get a huge offer from the Redskins (or someone else) to move up for RGIII, and they could use all the picks they can get. Heck they might even pick up RGIII themselves, but giving up on Ponder so soon doesn't look great.

The ideal situation for the Rams would be to trade with the Browns and pick Kalil at number 4. Doubt he'll still be around then though.
Original post by Scott129
The ideal situation for the Rams would be to trade with the Browns and pick Kalil at number 4. Doubt he'll still be around then though.

Yeh if the Rams don't pick Kalil at 2, then the Vikings will probably get him at 3.

I reckon the Rams will trade the number 2 tbh. Either with Redskins (6) or the Browns (4). They will probably get a good deal too, some other good picks and maybe even some players.

If they end up at 4 or 6, I think they gotta pick Blackmon. Need to give Bradford some quality to aim at. Doubt Tampa will pick Blackmon at 5 as they really need a corner (Morris Claiborn is it, who looks good?) So Blackmon may still be up there at 6.
Reply 3783
Original post by The Patriot
I agree with Scott.

Follow the team that picks RG3. You will have one of the most exciting teams in football for years to come.

Noone should support Cleveland. :tongue:
I want to get into watching NFL, so I was wondering, which team should I support? Or how should I decide who to follow?

I'd prefer to watch a particular team than be neutral, but I don't have a clue how to decide.

To be honest, I don't think supporting a team is that crucial. I have soft spots for certain teams (like the Colts, the Giants and the Packers), but I'm a fan of the entire league. At the end of the day, I just love watching American football. It's great to be able to just sit down and enjoy a game, no matter who is playing.
Reply 3785
Someone on another forum brought up the idea of Cleveland getting RG3 and Mike Wallace. Amazing idea.
Original post by mobius323
To be honest, I don't think supporting a team is that crucial. I have soft spots for certain teams (like the Colts, the Giants and the Packers), but I'm a fan of the entire league. At the end of the day, I just love watching American football. It's great to be able to just sit down and enjoy a game, no matter who is playing.

I hear ya! The strategy involved fascinates me
I want to get into watching NFL, so I was wondering, which team should I support? Or how should I decide who to follow?

I'd prefer to watch a particular team than be neutral, but I don't have a clue how to decide.

Original post by desijut
Im in the same predicament as you. I thought "whoever won the superbowl will be the team i support" so it was the giants. But im reconsidering, im gonna follow next season as a neutral and if no teams really attract me then i wll go for the giants

The NFL 360 website has a find a team section, if that helps? http://www.nfl-360.com/pick-team
Original post by Emily Jane
The NFL 360 website has a find a team section, if that helps? http://www.nfl-360.com/pick-team

I've actually tried that, didn't like who I got though :colondollar:

Only one giving me a consistant team was "sports match" every time it said "SUPPORT 49ERS" I got freaked out that it kept demanding me to do that. I do like the look of the 49ers though, rich history and have a good defence but can be seen as glory hunting imo. Judgement is still reserved. Awesome website nonetheless, for a beginner like me it's all i need to learn the ins and outs of the game

I've actually tried that, didn't like who I got though :colondollar:

Which team :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by desijut
Only one giving me a consistant team was "sports match" every time it said "SUPPORT 49ERS" I got freaked out that it kept demanding me to do that. I do like the look of the 49ers though, rich history and have a good defence but can be seen as glory hunting imo. Judgement is still reserved. Awesome website nonetheless, for a beginner like me it's all i need to learn the ins and outs of the game

Which team :tongue:

Pats, and then Giants (Over about 10 goes, I consistently got them :L. Obviously nothing wrong with them teams, but I'd rather support more of an underdog-instead of being a glory supporter :biggrin: And yeah I pretty much learned the sport from that and Madden 12.
Reply 3791

I kept getting the Steelers and Iggles. Do not want.
Pats, and then Giants (Over about 10 goes, I consistently got them :L. Obviously nothing wrong with them teams, but I'd rather support more of an underdog-instead of being a glory supporter :biggrin: And yeah I pretty much learned the sport from that and Madden 12.

Each year for the draft (where teams choose new players who are entering the NFL from college) all the teams are ranked based on how they did during the season, so that the worst teams get first pick and the really good ones like the superbowl winner gets last pick, if you're looking for an underdog team maybe you could pick a team that's ranked around the middle/bottom for the draft? Draft order: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82640c81/article/2012-nfl-draft-order
Any big predictions for free agency anyone?

I think Flynn going to Miami is very probably now. Also, I've heard a lot about Randy Moss to St Louis which could be interesting.
Do we have enough people here for a GM mock?
Reply 3795
Hines Ward's going to be released by Pittsburgh.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Do we have enough people here for a GM mock?

I would be interested, but I doubt there are enough. Who knows though.
I'm thinking of supporting either the Bengals, the Dolphins, or the Broncos. Can't decide which though :confused:
Also, whats a GM mock? :colondollar:
Any Particular players who stand out to you as cool?

I used to play QB a lot, and out of the shortlist of teams I had, Tom Brady stood out as a cool.

Latest