The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Art Foundation Applicants 2012/2013

Scroll to see replies

interviewed through international office abroad and got into foundation diagnostic.
just fyi i really did not bring much in my portfolio, lots of stuff i wanted to take in there, but decided last minute not to. it was the right call in the end, the interviewer mentioned that i didn't have much but what i did bring in showed what they needed to see (well she explained in more detail)

so those of you worrying that you didn't bring enough in, don't worry they just want to see what you're capable of doing through what you DO have.
Reply 21
Original post by RioReport
Also it felt like everyone had SO much more work than I did..

quality not quantity
Reply 22
I applied from abroad - so I posted a CD portfolio!
So so so so nervous! Hope I hear soon!
Applied for Diagnostic pathway.
How did you guys find out about your acceptance - was it through email or post?
thats a good question, s'mores! EMAIL or POST?! I just keep checking both!!
Reply 24
Omg I can't deal with not knowing. I hope we hear soon otherwise I'm going to top myself!
Reply 25
i recks email, they email everything else, and think the lady said emailiooo. this is killing me, i needdddddd to know waaaaa
Reply 26
Has anyone heard yet?
Reply 27
Original post by cait_
1st feb, not heard back either, applied for diagnostic. checking my email crazy amounts so nervous, how's everyone else feeling too?

Stressed out to the extreme- had my portfolio review on the 1st feb too - heard anything yet? Thanks, R x
had my portfolio review on the 1st too, still no response! they really are taking their time! X
Reply 29
Original post by justreadthebooks
had my portfolio review on the 1st too, still no response! they really are taking their time! X

Did you apply for diagnostic or pathway?
Hey I also had my portfolio review on 1st Feb, applying for diagnostic! Really want to find out now but I reckon we'll hear in a few more weeks? Atleast I think I remember the guys in the year above last year being emailed a response around mid March. But this year could be different :smile:
Reply 31
Are we allowed to ring them to find out? They said in my review that they should respond after three weeks but to try and refrain from ringing them if they haven't.. But that suggest people do? I really can't wait till the end of march ahhh
i sent my postal portfolio to the office last monday and i have a big problem. I checked the status of delivery and the letter is in London since 23rd February, but I have not got the answer from the post office about confirmation of receipt.

is a chance that they still try to consider my late application? i'm quite nervous.
Original post by ReeyaM
Did you apply for diagnostic or pathway?

well i was applying for diagnostic, but changed to fine art on the day of the portfolio review! you?
Reply 34
Original post by shadowplay_
i sent my postal portfolio to the office last monday and i have a big problem. I checked the status of delivery and the letter is in London since 23rd February, but I have not got the answer from the post office about confirmation of receipt.

is a chance that they still try to consider my late application? i'm quite nervous.

There's definitely no harm in phoning them up and asking about it, try writing on their facebook wall with your query and they should respond quickly with the right number to call.
Reply 35
I had my portfolio review on the 1st of feb and I have been waiting with bated breath for a reply ever since, and no I still have no letter or email ! its sooo intense.The review was very nerve racking ! when we were told to walk in the room and show our portfolio, we were all waiting to see who would open their's first hahah ! I asked one of the tutors before I left to ask what will happen next, they said to wait and hope for the best and we should hear from them by the 26th of March. So I guess its just a waiting game :confused:! Good luck guys ! :biggrin:
Reply 36
The waiting is seriously driving me crazy. Now I'm not only obsessively checking my email, I'm obsessively checking this thread to see if anyone else has heard!
Reply 37
Original post by RioReport
The waiting is seriously driving me crazy. Now I'm not only obsessively checking my email, I'm obsessively checking this thread to see if anyone else has heard!

omg same, constant checking of the two

as soon as someone gets anything, update asap!
this is ridiculous though...some people have been told before end of march...whereas i got told 3 weeks!! well it's been much longer than 3 weeks since feb 1st!
Guys no news is generally good news they give out rejections first so I wouldn't worry so much.

I still haven't heard anything, but fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest