The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Taken 2
:gah:
Reply 5782
Boring Artist boring. Chuffed for Meryl though.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It was awful. The depiction of the Greek Gods and Titans was terrible. Since when did the Titans look like burnt zombies? It had ridiculously cheesy dialogue, a nonsensical plot, cringe-worthy acting, bland fight scenes, poorly thought out characters, a cheap ending and was an all-round complete violation of Greek mythology.

300 is a much better film in all departments.

Yes I agree, Titans are meant to be big. Where was Cronos the titan lord and titan god of war with his sickle or scythe..........:tongue:
I got 18/24 in the Oscars predictions. Biggest surprises were Hugo picking up all of the technical awards (how the hell did someone look at that, then Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and decide that Hugo deserved it?) and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo winning best editing (I'm at a complete loss as to where that one came from).

Most deserving win was for Fantastic Flying Books. :biggrin:
Original post by Phalanges
I got 18/24 in the Oscars predictions. Biggest surprises were Hugo picking up all of the technical awards (how the hell did someone look at that, then Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and decide that Hugo deserved it?) and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo winning best editing (I'm at a complete loss as to where that one came from).

Most deserving win was for Fantastic Flying Books. :biggrin:

Agree with the bold, that short is delightful. The creators seemed to be so happy to win as well.
They have renamed The Avengers in the UK to Avengers Assemble. What a lame name

http://www.movieline.com/2012/02/28/avengers-assemble-in-photoshop-er-new-poster/

430312_393663143980599_140973592582890_1691761_1834352607_n.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5787
Original post by chancellorroberts
They have renamed The Avengers in the UK to Avengers Assemble. What a lame name

http://www.movieline.com/2012/02/28/avengers-assemble-in-photoshop-er-new-poster/

430312_393663143980599_140973592582890_1691761_1834352607_n.jpg

Surely a joke I think?

They wouldn't change a $$$ movie just because of a 60s TV show that no one who will see The Avengers will know about.
What a ****e name.
Original post by JClive
Surely a joke I think?

They wouldn't change a $$$ movie just because of a 60s TV show that no one who will see The Avengers will know about.

That's what I first thought, then I realized its a month till April 1
26 films there. I couldn't get some of them. :holmes:

[video="vimeo;36816268"]36816268[/video]
Guys, if you don't like the catchphrase of the comics (and as it's being used as the title I'm going to guess it's a pretty good indicator of the overall theme of the movie) I'm going to suggest that maybe the movie isn't for you. :p:

In other news, this is a really compelling argument for watching the Star Wars movies in the order of IV, V, II, III, VI.
Original post by Phalanges
Guys, if you don't like the catchphrase of the comics (and as it's being used as the title I'm going to guess it's a pretty good indicator of the overall theme of the movie) I'm going to suggest that maybe the movie isn't for you. :p:

In other news, this is a really compelling argument for watching the Star Wars movies in the order of IV, V, II, III, VI.

Nahh i know that's the catchphrase i just think it's a really bad name for the film :tongue:
Reply 5793
That's what I first thought, then I realized its a month till April 1

Yes, Empire and Total Film confirm uber-lame name change. Stupid name.

April 27th release btw not 1st and we get it a week before US. Shock, horror!
Original post by cambo211
Nahh i know that's the catchphrase i just think it's a really bad name for the film :tongue:

I think it's quite good. First movie together when they all come from their disparate backstories, so they will be assembling for the first time. Sounds distinctly comic-y, there's no way anyone would say that in real life without a big dollop of irony. Makes it easy to spot the chronology if they make future films without a boring Avengers 2, Avengers 3 etc. I prefer it to just The Avengers.

Blimey Ape, that was one hot quiz. :tongue: It was also very difficult, as well. :frown: The only films I managed to guess were:

Dr. No
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Hobbit
Inception?
Jurassic Park
The King's Speech
My Neighbour Totoro
Night of the Living Dead
Pulp Fiction
Rocky/Raging Bull?
Star Wars
Titanic
Up
Wizard of Oz
(edited 12 years ago)
Dr No.
Ferris beuler
the hobbit
inception
jurassic park
pulp fiction
rocky 2
stars wars 4
wizard of oz
inglorious?

do you know where tomorrow's test is? like the actual one
(edited 12 years ago)
26 films there. I couldn't get some of them. :holmes:[video="vimeo;36816268"]36816268[/video]
Some of those seem very vague, like the one with the samurai sword and the noose could be quite a few films. I got:

Amelie
Big Lebowski
Citizen Kane
James Bond
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Hobbit
Inception
Jurassic Park
King's Speech
Lawrence of Arabia
Day of the Dead
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
Pulp Fiction
Rocky
A New Hope
Titanic
Up
The Wizard of Oz
X Men: First Class
(edited 12 years ago)

do you know where tomorrow's test is? like the actual one

Check Facebook message.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5799
I watched three films today:

Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead - A bit of good old fashioned early nineties fun! Good performances from Christina Applegate and all the other kids.

Attack The Block - Some of the acting from the boys bothered me, with the slang language seeming way too scripted and forced, but it was great fun and a somewhat original take on an alien movie!

Human Traffic - It was okay. That's all I can think to say really, didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending