The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3800
Original post by 35mm_
I reckon Birmingham should be the venue :biggrin: I'm not biased at all...

Create a thread in the chat forum for it :h:

I am sure superwolf or someone has the mass quote list on the ready :colone:
A meet-up would be awesome actually.

I have that weird sense of dread but there is no reason for it at all.
Original post by 35mm_
I think we should have a society meet up :smile:

You in Birmingham, yes?

Original post by Sabertooth
And slightly destroying the vegetarian option. :teehee:

Yes... :angry:

Thread is here: linky.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rmhumphries
Yes... :angry:

Thread is here: linky.

:colondollar: I apologize once again.

:puppyeyes:
wow

im **** tired
Not having a good time atm trying to get work done. ARGH. Have an exam tomorrow where I'm expected to write a fully referenced essay and do 30 MCQs on topics I don't know and it's like drawing blood from a stone trying to plan this thing. :sad: Don't know what to do. All I'm doing is listening to Nickelback and eating my way through a pack of M+S cookies.
Reply 3807
I'm sorry to just use this thread to put my own thoughts down, I know I haven't exactly been very helpful but I do hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:

I'm very scared atm. Meeting with the crisis team this morning resulted in agreeing to go into hospital 'just for a few days.' Really don't want to do this, but it seems pretty much the only option that results in me staying alive right now. So I'm now waiting for them to find me a bed and get back to me. I was told they call me around 1. Its now 4. I called them at 2 and they told me they'd call me back, they haven't. This waiting is killing me I'm imagining all sorts of bad things, and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on for. Aaargh :frown:
Reply 3808
I haven't had a good day. But the weird thing is, the things that happened are not considered to be too bad.

Spoiler

Original post by Sultana
I'm sorry to just use this thread to put my own thoughts down, I know I haven't exactly been very helpful but I do hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:

I'm very scared atm. Meeting with the crisis team this morning resulted in agreeing to go into hospital 'just for a few days.' Really don't want to do this, but it seems pretty much the only option that results in me staying alive right now. So I'm now waiting for them to find me a bed and get back to me. I was told they call me around 1. Its now 4. I called them at 2 and they told me they'd call me back, they haven't. This waiting is killing me I'm imagining all sorts of bad things, and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on for. Aaargh :frown:

They did the same thing when I went into hospital. In the end they came round about 11pm to admit me. So don't worry, they're just looking for a bed and will get back to you.

I hope hospital helps you. :hugs:
also my "using hypomania to get **** done" didn't really work out as i just dicked money away on things i probably won't go to and bought a bunch of stuff to make cakes with and probably won't make any cakes :frown:

PLUS SIDE: i ONLY TRIED TO CONTACT MY EX ONCE. "EXcellent" work you might say.

AHEE
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3811
They did the same thing when I went into hospital. In the end they came round about 11pm to admit me. So don't worry, they're just looking for a bed and will get back to you.

I hope hospital helps you. :hugs:

Thank you, I know they're just looking, but I can't help but think a million bad things about why they're taking so long. Crisis teams are rubbish! I hope it helps as well, this is literally the last resort, if this doesn't work I really don't see how I will ever be ok again :cry2: Did it help you at all?

I haven't been following the thread lately, have you got any help for your sleep yet?
Original post by Sultana
Thank you, I know they're just looking, but I can't help but think a million bad things about why they're taking so long. Crisis teams are rubbish! I hope it helps as well, this is literally the last resort, if this doesn't work I really don't see how I will ever be ok again :cry2: Did it help you at all?

I haven't been following the thread lately, have you got any help for your sleep yet?

Yeah don't worry, I was really stressed out about it too, but it does take them a bit of time that's all. :console:

Yeah it did help me to some extent, they managed to find me a decent drug that stabilized me so I wasn't even in that long at all. And nope, still no help for my lack of sleep. :nothing:
Yeah don't worry, I was really stressed out about it too, but it does take them a bit of time that's all. :console:

Yeah it did help me to some extent, they managed to find me a decent drug that stabilized me so I wasn't even in that long at all. And nope, still no help for my lack of sleep. :nothing:

how come you are so averse to going back? did something bad happen?
Reply 3814

That sucks, is going back into hospital not an option?
Original post by Sultana

they have other patients, perhaps some random emergency came up

the crisis team were alright for me this time, probably cos they were worried i might escalate which was never gonna happen, although they have now disappeared off the face of the earth for some reason...
Original post by littleshambles
how come you are so averse to going back? did something bad happen?

The whole thing was very bad....I have claustrophobia, and being trapped in a tiny hospital ward made me feel very very uncomfortable. By the 2nd day I couldn't stop pacing around thinking of nothing but escape, seriously close to smashing a window and running...they had to drug me to get me to sleep and stop acting completely crazy. If I'd been stuck there a long time I think I would have completely lost it, I really don't like being walled in.
Got my vitamin D tablets today; my GP told me to take them for a week before I go back to see him again. He said that it's possible that they may lift my mood seeing as the blood test showed a deficiency, but if it doesn't have that effect then he'd talk to me about therapies/anti-depressants when I next see him.

What do you think he will suggest if I am still struggling as much with my mood? I was assessed by a psych team about a year ago and I've been in and out of counselling over the last year and a half, none of which has really helped in the long-term.

Also, does anyone have suggestions to help me sleep? I've tried all sorts of basic sleep hygiene stuff, baths and avoiding caffeine etc. My mum bought me Kalms one-a-night tablets...it said to take one the first night, and if it had no effect to take two for the subsequent nights. It had no effect on the first night so last night I took two but still was wide awake for a very long time after going to bed and woke up frequently once I'd finally managed to fall asleep. I told my GP when I saw him on Friday but he said he wanted to deal with my mood first and that he was sure my sleep would improve once my mood did. I told a different GP a few weeks ago too who said that doctors don't usually prescribe things for sleep anymore and was just like "nobody ever died from lack of sleep,"...helpful. O.O

So yeah, any suggestions?!
The whole thing was very bad....I have claustrophobia, and being trapped in a tiny hospital ward made me feel very very uncomfortable. By the 2nd day I couldn't stop pacing around thinking of nothing but escape, seriously close to smashing a window and running...they had to drug me to get me to sleep and stop acting completely crazy. If I'd been stuck there a long time I think I would have completely lost it, I really don't like being walled in.

oofff that makes sense. btw sorry for much of the aggy(er than usual) posts i've given you the past week or so. hypomania :nothing:
Original post by Unconventional.
Got my vitamin D tablets today; my GP told me to take them for a week before I go back to see him again. He said that it's possible that they may lift my mood seeing as the blood test showed a deficiency, but if it doesn't have that effect then he'd talk to me about therapies/anti-depressants when I next see him.

What do you think he will suggest if I am still struggling as much with my mood? I was assessed by a psych team about a year ago and I've been in and out of counselling over the last year and a half, none of which has really helped in the long-term.

Also, does anyone have suggestions to help me sleep? I've tried all sorts of basic sleep hygiene stuff, baths and avoiding caffeine etc. My mum bought me Kalms one-a-night tablets...it said to take one the first night, and if it had no effect to take two for the subsequent nights. It had no effect on the first night so last night I took two but still was wide awake for a very long time after going to bed and woke up frequently once I'd finally managed to fall asleep. I told my GP when I saw him on Friday but he said he wanted to deal with my mood first and that he was sure my sleep would improve once my mood did. I told a different GP a few weeks ago too who said that doctors don't usually prescribe things for sleep anymore and was just like "nobody ever died from lack of sleep,"...helpful. O.O

So yeah, any suggestions?!

If you've tried talk therapy without much success he'll probably go for an antidepressant next, although that would depend on your age and how depressed he thinks you are.

I dunno where they get the idea that they won't prescribe you anything to help you sleep, they should do, it might take a bit of convincing though. First line probably some antihistamines, second maybe zopiclone. Try getting hold of some promethazine. It's available otc as an antihistamine and tends to make people tired. It's worked for me in the past.

Lol @ me giving advice on how to sleep.

Latest