The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littleshambles
oofff that makes sense. btw sorry for much of the aggy(er than usual) posts i've given you the past week or so. hypomania :nothing:

No offense taken. I hadn't really noticed tbh :tongue:

How're you feeling now?
Original post by Sabertooth
No offense taken. I hadn't really noticed tbh :tongue:

How're you feeling now?

just normal really. i think (still feeling sort of elated and irritable but being on the phone to my mum is not the best indicator of my general level of irritability....). and tired, really quite tired :nothing:

not sure what to do now. i suppose i'll start taking the seroquel again maybe. i still barely napped this afternoon despite having about 8 hours sleep in the last two days so i'll probably take it tonight to sleep :teehee: oh god why can't i just stick to medications

edit: or i might go out.
Reply 3822
I am just sick and tired of everything. No one can understand the way I'm feeling.

Spoiler

just normal really. i think (still feeling sort of elated and irritable but being on the phone to my mum is not the best indicator of my general level of irritability....). and tired, really quite tired :nothing:

not sure what to do now. i suppose i'll start taking the seroquel again maybe. i still barely napped this afternoon despite having about 8 hours sleep in the last two days so i'll probably take it tonight to sleep :teehee: oh god why can't i just stick to medications

edit: or i might go out.

Yeah, talking to your mum probably isn't the best indicator.

You know, I think the sensible thing would be to take the quetiapine. At least give it a shot. Take it and have an easy night, maybe do some work if you're up to it.

Going out...probably not the best idea. :tongue:
Original post by avhhs
I am just sick and tired of everything. No one can understand the way I'm feeling.

Spoiler

i'm not sure what you mean by this. you tell your mum what to do? and she agrees? :lolwut: :erm:
Yeah, talking to your mum probably isn't the best indicator.

You know, I think the sensible thing would be to take the quetiapine. At least give it a shot. Take it and have an easy night, maybe do some work if you're up to it.

Going out...probably not the best idea. :tongue:

hmmm yeah lol assuming it was over was a bit of a mistake i think. i feel all giddy :woo:

ok ok ok i'll take it i'll take it, at 7.30pm i will imbibe it. i'll set my alarm.

awwww but then i won't be able to bake :puppyeyes: or anyyyyythingggggg. :sad:

AND i need to sort out all the torrents i downloaded yesterday.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3826
i'm not sure what you mean by this. you tell your mum what to do? and she agrees? :lolwut: :erm:

I just want her to experience for herself what I've experienced. Only that way she will realise what she has done wrong. By her not being able to talk to her friends, she will realise that she has been taking having a social life for granted. Or if it doesn't work, I just want to get away from her. I don't want to see her.

Sorry if I haven't made any sense :colondollar:
Reply 3827
Feeling really rubbish and like I made myself look really stupid and incompetent? I had this caffeine rush and then a massive downer like I've never had before? It was so weird and feeling really awful now :s-smilie: I wish I was better. I promise myself that I will be better all the time and try and do everything I possibly can to achieve my goals.
Original post by avhhs
I just want her to experience for herself what I've experienced. Only that way she will realise what she has done wrong. By her not being able to talk to her friends, she will realise that she has been taking having a social life for granted. Or if it doesn't work, I just want to get away from her. I don't want to see her.

Sorry if I haven't made any sense :colondollar:

that's bloody bizarre if you can get your mum to do that.

my mum stopped me from doing lots of things and for a long time i had no social life to speak of and very few friends, who were all closer with each other than me. it is the case for more people than you think. in the end i just let what few friends i had drift off and i spent over two years almost entirely on my own. it can and does get better. a bit. lol.

but honestly doing that? is just a bit odd. like i cannot fathom what sort of family dynamics must be going on. having overly strict parents is ****, especially if they continually invalidate your feelings etc. but you have to be rational about things. to be honest as i discovered "friends" are overrated and are bitchy ***** 75% of the time especially in secondary school, if anything having friends was more stressful than not ****ing having them lol.

you're still very young and these are important years for you but they're not the only ones. be careful what you spend your energy on. you can always make friends on here :smile: even now loads of my friends are from the internet.
Is it possible to feel excited, really in touch with everything and quite high but also at the same time really suicidal? I feel very agitated, like my thoughts are racing a bit, but I also feel very on the edge like I'm about to just implode with self destructiveness. I just need a ****ing big thrill, hopefully getting really drunk tonight will do that, but I still feel really suicidal. I'm not sure if I am even meant to be feeling this. I felt really numb earlier, but I just seem to be really excited, high, full of energy and plans, but at the same time really down, and this is just leading to me just planning silly things. Is this possible, or am I just being a big attention seeker?
hmmm yeah lol assuming it was over was a bit of a mistake i think. i feel all giddy :woo:

ok ok ok i'll take it i'll take it, at 7.30pm i will imbibe it. i'll set my alarm.

awwww but then i won't be able to bake :puppyeyes: or anyyyyythingggggg. :sad:

AND i need to sort out all the torrents i downloaded yesterday.

Yeah take it. :smile: You can still sort out the torrents having taken it. And er..bake.. no?
Original post by bullettheory
Is it possible to feel excited, really in touch with everything and quite high but also at the same time really suicidal? I feel very agitated, like my thoughts are racing a bit, but I also feel very on the edge like I'm about to just implode with self destructiveness. I just need a ****ing big thrill, hopefully getting really drunk tonight will do that, but I still feel really suicidal. I'm not sure if I am even meant to be feeling this. I felt really numb earlier, but I just seem to be really excited, high, full of energy and plans, but at the same time really down, and this is just leading to me just planning silly things. Is this possible, or am I just being a big attention seeker?

sounds like a mixed mood to me! look it up
So I've just written a document with all my feelings in because I can never tell my psychiatrist or my psychologist how I really feel. So i thought I'd write them all down and just give them the document.

Has anyone else done something similar? I always end up saying I am fine when ever anyone asks me how I am doing even if I am not.
Yeah take it. :smile: You can still sort out the torrents having taken it. And er..bake.. no?

no because exactly two hours later it will knock me out for 13 hours and render me basically useless for another 5 or 6 after i wake up :frown:... so i'll have to do everything in two hours. which, while possible, is unlikely, given simple things like microwaving a jacket potato don't end up finished. i also feel bad for whoever has to reshelve the library i was in today.
sounds like a mixed mood to me! look it up

Oh god, doesn't sound very nice, but probably accurate-ish. Any idea about how to get through it, at the minute, my depressive thoughts are just getting the better of me.
Reply 3835
that's bloody bizarre if you can get your mum to do that.

my mum stopped me from doing lots of things and for a long time i had no social life to speak of and very few friends, who were all closer with each other than me. it is the case for more people than you think. in the end i just let what few friends i had drift off and i spent over two years almost entirely on my own. it can and does get better. a bit. lol.

but honestly doing that? is just a bit odd. like i cannot fathom what sort of family dynamics must be going on. having overly strict parents is ****, especially if they continually invalidate your feelings etc. but you have to be rational about things. to be honest as i discovered "friends" are overrated and are bitchy ***** 75% of the time especially in secondary school, if anything having friends was more stressful than not ****ing having them lol.

you're still very young and these are important years for you but they're not the only ones. be careful what you spend your energy on. you can always make friends on here :smile: even now loads of my friends are from the internet.

Oh I dunno. Everywhere in school I see people having fun and rarely being alone. It just feels too much to bear at times. Especially people talking about how much fun they had.

My parents just used religion as an excuse for most stuff, or if not religion, saying that something bad will happen to me. It has completely put me off religion.

Right now I just want to run away, and come back whenever I want. I really can't think straight.
Original post by Anonymous
Good plan! Did it happen? :tongue:
Hope today is a better day for you. :hugs:

The lazy part would be when I ended up watching tv instead of reading. :ashamed:
On the upside I did have two healthy meals yesterday (with chocolate in between).
Counsellor said he is going to try to sort things out so he can become my mentor when counselling finishes as he does that too! That would awesome!

I did a homework sheet but no coursework.
I wrote something in a spoiler box but a mod deleted it, I think anything to do with SH is deleted now. I basically lost it last night, definitely not a fun time. Not feeling good today either.
I overheard people talking about me today. I wasn't even being paranoid, they were actually talking about me. They were talking about people listening into their conversation and one of them said who and the other said my name. I wasn't intentionally listening in, I don't even know how they knew I was. We were sat on the same table and they weren't exactly talking quietly so I didn't think it was anything private. One of them said even if I was listening in, I wouldn't have anybody to talk about their conversation to anyway so it didn't matter. Then the other one asked if I had friends and a girl who I used to be quite close with said I followed a group around and the other girl asked if they actually liked me.
That was probably impossible to follow, sorry. Just needed a bit of a rant :ninja: Reading it back, it seems stupid to be upset by it but it has made me more paranoid about my friends not liking me. Maybe everybody else sees it but me. Today at break I was sat with the usual people but didn't say anything, I couldn't think of anything to say. I need to try harder to join in because this is how I lost them. Although they don't seem particularly bothered about me drifting away.
Btw, I know I don't say it but I really appreciate you letting me talk to you, it helps me a lot. :hugs:

The healthy meals balance out the watching TV, easily! :smile:
That sounds really, really good. Hope it works out :hugs:
Hello, it's imbuzzinme here. I just wanted to let you know I won't be posting on this thread again. I've deleted all my posts here (for personal reasons). Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck for the future and hope you all find a way to overcome your current issues. Thanks x
If you've tried talk therapy without much success he'll probably go for an antidepressant next, although that would depend on your age and how depressed he thinks you are.

I dunno where they get the idea that they won't prescribe you anything to help you sleep, they should do, it might take a bit of convincing though. First line probably some antihistamines, second maybe zopiclone. Try getting hold of some promethazine. It's available otc as an antihistamine and tends to make people tired. It's worked for me in the past.

Lol @ me giving advice on how to sleep.

I've tried taking a few different types of antihistamines too, some of them OTC and some prescribed (for allergy stuff) but none have had any effect so far. I'll have a look for what you suggested though, thank you. :smile: I think my body is just, like, hyperalert or something though, because antihistamines that have no effect on me in terms of drowsiness have a big effect on other people that I know. And apparently when I was a baby I was once hospitalised for a stomach problem, and because I couldn't sleep due to the pain, they gave me a sedative, and I still didn't sleep! O.O
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, it's imbuzzinme here. I just wanted to let you know I won't be posting on this thread again. I've deleted all my posts here (for personal reasons). Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck for the future and hope you all find a way to overcome your current issues. Thanks x

:cry2:

Latest