The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
yeah

??

i swear you need to have an A at AS, get an A overall too at A2, however your a2 modules must average 90% :rolleyes:

p.s. negged for a misunderstanding of the A* system? bunch of *******
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by James A
??

i swear you need to have an A at AS, get an A overall too at A2, however your a2 modules must average 90% :rolleyes:

Nope, you have to get an A at A level overall and an A* at A2
Original post by James A
??

Original post by Monkeysuit.
Nope, you have to get an A at A level overall and an A* at A2

Yep. This means you can get 60% in AS (a low C) and you can still get an A* if you get 100% in A2.

This needs to be a big flashing sign at the top of the A-level section or something :tongue:

For results I'm hoping my grades are good so I can basically drop Economics. If I scraped an A in unit 3, I'm aiming for a U in unit 4 :smile:

Would be nice to get out of Maths lessons too... depends how I did in my clash :s-smilie:
Reply 1403
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Yep your college should inform you of your A level Jan unit grades on 8th March. You'll probably be given more info about it closer to the day.

Thanks mate :smile:
Original post by James A
??

nope I got a B at AS in Psychology (1 mark off, 1! D:smile: and was told by my teacher not to retake cause theres still a chance I could get an A*
although I get the feeling after PSYA4 in Jan there wont be anymore haha
Can't believe it's one week tomorrow!
nope I got a B at AS in Psychology (1 mark off, 1! D:smile: and was told by my teacher not to retake cause theres still a chance I could get an A*
although I get the feeling after PSYA4 in Jan there wont be anymore haha

Ahh, same here :tongue:!
Are you on AQA?
Reply 1407
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpEMat1lUrU

This the reaction i want to get after getting my results wake up with a buzz :biggrin:
Original post by whatever_x
Ahh, same here :tongue:!
Are you on AQA?

yeah!
Media, Schizophrenia (worst question that could have come up did :frown: ) and Research Methods :P
you?
Reply 1409
I hope that I won't have to retake!!

so close now...
Reply 1410
I know I'm defin resitting one, hopefully it'll only be one :smile:
Original post by Rahmeh.
I hope that I won't have to retake!!

so close now...

sameee, itll be sooo much workk :s
so nervous.
Reply 1413
Original post by James A
??

No, you need an A overall and 90% at A2.
i really hope i have no resits blah
Much more pressure getting the results than even doing the exam.
Original post by Hashillion
Much more pressure getting the results than even doing the exam.

ikr
yeah!
Media, Schizophrenia (worst question that could have come up did :frown: ) and Research Methods :P
you?

Ahh hi5!
Completely different topics though, I done Anomalistic, Depression & Research Methods :tongue:
Did you get the issues with diagnosis & classification as your schizophrenia question? I kept getting told by everyone that it would come up for Depression & I revised it so much but it didn't come up :frown:
Reply 1418
yeaahh keep neg repping me pssshhhhh
Reply 1419
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Oh wicked! So you enjoying the adventures that come along with A levels? :smile:
Hmmm yh the sciences are by far the hardest group of subjects! That's why I didn't do Bio and Chem.
Hardly understand maths? I've been wanting to tutor people in my area and I wouldn't mind helping you every now and then just to see how good I am at tutoring and all. You won't learn much but still :wink:
I always found that my grades drastically improved by doing past papers in maths :smile:

Oh yh my mate does them three subjects you do and he had the exams over like a 3 day period.

Well I wouldn't say I'm really good; I'm just fascinated by everything that is incorporated within it :biggrin:
Yh I got A* in GCSE. I want to do Maths (on it's own at uni) :woo:
Have you considered what you wanna do? Medicine maybe? :/

Yeah,kind of!
It's a mixture of joy,confusion and sorrow tbh.. :s-smilie:
With A-Levels,you need to expect the unexpected!
Bio is okay-ish,it's just a lot of reading.
But Chem is just..calculations and thinking and applying what you know.
Ohh yeah,we could do that!
A lot of people have revision sessions on TSR :wink:

Yeah,thing is I only did 1 past paper before my maths exam,and that too THE DAY BEFORE the exam;guess I was just not bothered!

Normally,with the Jan modules,they do it over a 2-week period,but this time it was only 3 days! -.-

How can you be fascinated by MATHS?!
To me it's just a whole lot of rubbish,with random letters and numbers!
I guess some people just have it in their blood,coz some of my friends are just naturally good at it,like you lol! :smile:
And it's really good if your gonna do Maths at Uni.

Yeah I've always wanted to do Medicine;and now with work experience and everything,I'm more fascinated by it and I think now,it's the right career for me! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest